What's at the bottom of the ocean? Is time travel possible?

Abby.r

Steven Hawkins recently threw a party to welcome Time Travellers back from the future a few months back.... He took out an ad in the papers a week later to advertise his party... No one turned up. He spent money on balloons, cocktail sausages and everything. So - probably no for the time travel.

Bottom of the ocean is complicated - there are a lot of things.... like mountain ranges, volcanic activity, just like on the ground out of the water, the landscape will be similar, but wet and covered in silt and marine life. You could write an encyclopedia about it, so it depends what you want to know or how far your teacher wants you to write about it. Try typing 'Ocean Floor' into google - there will be lots of pages with info about it.

What's at the bottom of the ocean?

Dead bodies of sea living animals, plants and algae, gather at the bottom of the ocean. Some of them are consumed by living organisms, some other not.

Then they're covered by layer of f.e. sand. It's repeated over and over again. And after millions years, due to pressure and temperature, turns to oil & gas.

I bought a Chinese painted blown egg the other day in a vintage display box. It was in a charity shop and they usually put the date on the item when it comes in..... well, apparently they got this egg in next week! Amazing - I had to ask if they got it in next week from a time traveller, or if the date was actually a sell by or a hatch date. I think it was just an error, but it amused me..... enough to buy the egg anyway. Will it hatch? Will it disappear in a paradoxical flash? Will it just smell bad or sit there and do nothing.... it's all very exiting!

I bought a Chinese painted blown egg the other day in a vintage display box. It was in a charity shop and they usually put the date on the item when it comes in..... well, apparently they got this egg in next week! Amazing - I had to ask if they got it in next week from a time traveller, or if the date was actually a sell by or a hatch date. I think it was just an error, but it amused me..... enough to buy the egg anyway. Will it hatch? Will it disappear in a paradoxical flash? Will it just smell bad or sit there and do nothing.... it's all very exiting!

uuuggh ok... tell me how it comes out ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also, there are hydrothermal vents you could write an essay on just those things.

Edited by NimrodTheGoat

So....This is my own personal hypothesis as to why time travel is impossible.

As you may know, we are all spinning around the universe. The earth prints the sun, our so!At system is in adoration around our own milky way galaxy, and our galaxy and the billions of others in the universe are also in constant motion. For the most part they are receding from that point of origin where the Big Bang occurred some 4.6 billion years ago.

OK...So we are therefore not in the same place we were last week. Or last year. And given that our solar system is moving at thousands of miles per hour...Indeed most of those systems I mentioned are moving at great speeds..We are a heck of a looooong say from where we were, say, when Hitler was killed some 70 years ago.

So.....In order to go back in time, you would have to rearrange the entire part of the universe we are in or were in, so as to be like it was during the time you want to back to!

An impossible task, eh? And this same logic would hold for trying to time travel to the future! You need to arrange those planets and stars to the formation they'd be in when you want to travel to.

Now then...This idea of mine, of needing to rearrange the universe to travel in time, will be met with an argument by some who claim that all that can be avoided by using wormholes.

LOL. Wormholes are trendy now, but kept in mind they are pure speculation. Comprised of nothing but hypothetical math equations and groundless ideas. We have never proven one to exist, nor even know that they are out there. Much much less know that voyaging through one would be possible. And also not even knowing that traversing through one would be a means of time travel. In all likelihood, if they exist they would be means of nothing for anybody attempting to go through one except to perish from bring squashed like a bug.

So I say wormholes are not even a viable argument for time travel. Might as well make up a word off the top of your head like Time Warp Manifold Globular (I really did just now think of that!) And say, hey...That could be a shortcut for time travel.

Perhaps the bottom of the ocean is littered with the corpses of time travellers....

You can go anywhen you please if you can handle the pressure.

Well I thought it funny! - someone obviously doesn't share your sense of humor.

For the most part they are receding from that point of origin where the Big Bang occurred some 4.6 billion years ago.

I think that might be 14.5 billion years or so - 4.6 billion yeas ago was when the earth planet was formed.

Edited by DrP

Yes, forward at the rate of one second per second relative to our own frame of reference, faster or slower relative to the frame of reference of others depending on relative velocities and gravitational potentials.