Virus warning from fake AV

I have seen messages that my Android device has been compromised while using mobile phone and browsing this forum.

Not exactly the same thread as you, completely different threads.

I think it's coming here as advertisement.

There are "good" ads, which don't cause it,

and from time to time, there are bad ads, and they are intercepting browser in Android phone..

After seeing one of such, immediately (without clicking anything in browser), you have to disable WiFi/transmission,

shutdown browser,

restart browser.

It will try to open the same (this) page,

but because you disabled WiFi/transmission,

page won't be found.

And you will be able to close tab.

(This code disallows closing tab in Android web browser any way)

Edited by Sensei

I have seen messages that my Android device has been compromised while using mobile phone and browsing this forum.

Not exactly the same thread as you, completely different threads.

I think it's coming here as advertisement.

There are "good" ads, which don't cause it,

and from time to time, there are bad ads, and they are intercepting browser in Android phone..

After seeing one of such, immediately (without clicking anything in browser), you have to disable WiFi/transmission,

shutdown browser,

restart browser.

It will try to open the same (this) page,

but because you disabled WiFi/transmission,

page won't be found.

And you will be able to close tab.

(This code disallows closing tab in Android web browser any way)

Yes, it disables the close button on the browser. I do a hard shutdown.

Yes, it disables the close button on the browser. I do a hard shutdown.

Try what I said, and you the most likely won't need to shutdown, just disable/enable WiFi/network transmission..

You didn't specify whether it happens on Windows/Mac/Android/iOS.

Edited by Sensei

I have seen it on both my machines : Windows 10 and (yes, really) Windows 3.1

Wow! That is a dinosaur. Do you think it's the site/page or in my machine? I think I'll re-image my laptop tonight - that should eliminate it being my machine if it comes up again on that page. This is about the fourth time it's happened on SFN for me. Cap'n Refsmat did look into it the other two times.

if you delete system file 32 in your computer folders, your pc will be faster

i remember getting virus on my android device ojnce, closing the tab didnt take care of the ads that kept poping out, sometimes they install themeselves and you have to go through your system files and manually delete it,its a hassle, but at least the virus will be gone

if you delete system file 32 in your computer folders, your pc will be faster

i remember getting virus on my android device ojnce, closing the tab didnt take care of the ads that kept poping out, sometimes they install themeselves and you have to go through your system files and manually delete it,its a hassle, but at least the virus will be gone

I need to go further back to an older system image. I use Macrium Reflect. I have a virgin image which I want to leave until last because it requires the most updates.

Not this again. Sigh.

I've removed it, for like the third time. There seems to be some kind of IPB vulnerability that's letting this happen; we're gonna have to update to IPS 4 at some point to see if it'll stop then. If any of you see something like this again, send me a PM to make sure I'm notified to remove the malicious code.

Not this again. Sigh.

I've removed it, for like the third time. There seems to be some kind of IPB vulnerability that's letting this happen; we're gonna have to update to IPS 4 at some point to see if it'll stop then. If any of you see something like this again, send me a PM to make sure I'm notified to remove the malicious code.

Will do. I think I've had it pop up four times in the last week and never on any other site. I thought it was maybe just my PC given I'm the only one mentioning. it. I can handle it, it's just an annoyance.