How does Trump annoy you?

Airbrush

For me it is his attitude of superiority to everybody, and his never-ending, carnival barker, huckster, con-man sales pitch, always boasting, always trying to talk you into a sale, always exaggerating. He seems delusional intentionally. He sounds like a mixture of Jim Backus as Thirston Howell on Gilligan's Island and Robert De Nero from the movie "Goodfellas". He wants to sound like a mobster, because they talk so cool, and concise, and he repeats himself ad nauseam. He always talks in fragments, to make himself look smart, like his nimble mind is moving ahead so fast. Some have said that Trump can be charming one-on-one, but the only charm I have ever seen looks shallow, like a salesman leading you to closing a deal. And yet up to maybe about 25 to 30% (?) of Americans LIKE his personality? "So what if he is a liar, he's lying on our behalf." I became sick of Trump in 2006 when his feud with Rosie O'Donnell exploded across the news. What a billionaire idiot.

What's with his peculiar accent? I thought he should have a New York accent, but do they pronounce the short "A" sound as almost a long "A"? For example, he always says "we will do it very FASTE" or "those are some BADE dudes", "I have a lot of CASHE". Where did that come from? The Wharton School of Finance?

Edited by Airbrush

He brings out the ugly in people.

But I find nothing about him merely annoying. Gnats are annoying. Too much wind is annoying. The man in the WH is going to ruin our credibility and integrity as a nation, he's going to destroy our right not to be discriminated against, and he's going to stomp on the most vulnerable Americans with both feet if it makes him a buck.

He brings out the ugly in people.

But I find nothing about him merely annoying. Gnats are annoying. Too much wind is annoying. The man in the WH is going to ruin our credibility and integrity as a nation, he's going to destroy our right not to be discriminated against, and he's going to stomp on the most vulnerable Americans with both feet if it makes him a buck.

He's a four-letter word. He's the type you see leading some African or Eastern European countries. In more favourable circumstances he'd be a Kim Yong-Un. There's going to be some serious navel-gazing by by America and the other NATO countries as well, probably. He's narcissism gone rampant. In my opinion.

Trump used to annoy me when he was irrelevant. Just a cartoon villain, so ridiculous you can`t even get properly angry with him, only annoyed (but mostly with the forever-free pass he was getting from most, despite being a well-known conman)

But since the win, he actually stopped annoying me - his victory helped me with further understanding of how this world really works. He`s just a giant tumour, but not the cause of the disease. For me Trump`s presidency is a direct function of a complete collapse of the real liberal/left wing politics - and by real I mean real, not of Clinton/Obama/Clinton variety (you can substitute these names for any other fake-left politician since this same process is in progress in Europe now too)

And what annoys me now most is the fact that these four years will be surely wasted on whining about how awful Trump is and then electing another Clinton. This will set the loop back to the beginning, and in due time you`ll get another Trump. Only, the thing is that the "busts" of the boom & bust cycle will be probably coming faster and be more severe.

To be sure, opposing Trump - as in reality, on the streets and through direct action, not clicking on fb likes or writing yet another article for the Salon - is a noble endeavour and should be definitely encouraged. But what`s most important is building a base for the real change. The moment(um) was there, what with Sanders and for example Corbyn in the UK - however it was of a fleeting variety I`m afraid.

• 4 weeks later...

What about fascist press!???

Press isn't democratic and is fighting for democracy,

do they fool anyone???

It cannot govern without winning elections...

And, also it doesn't represent democratic people...

What is "it", the press doesn't govern so what are you referencing?

Is there really any other point to this discussion other then for you guys to voice your disapproval for Trump? Is this really necessary? Is that the best thing you can be spending your time on?

But while we're at it, his blatant disregard for reality and common sense.

Actually, Trump does not annoy me. He has been unwittingly honest about his whole approach to the presidency (i.e. he assumed it consisted mostly of posing). At no point did he actually try to demonstrate a satisfactory level of understanding of complex issues, nor did he present highly qualified surrogates to make that case. As such his presidency is precisely what he promised to deliver.

What annoys me is that a lot of folks thought that that is a good idea.

For me it is his attitude of superiority to everybody, and his never-ending, carnival barker, huckster, con-man sales pitch, always boasting, always trying to talk you into a sale, always exaggerating. He seems delusional intentionally. He sounds like a mixture of Jim Backus as Thirston Howell on Gilligan's Island and Robert De Nero from the movie "Goodfellas". He wants to sound like a mobster, because they talk so cool, and concise, and he repeats himself ad nauseam. He always talks in fragments, to make himself look smart, like his nimble mind is moving ahead so fast. Some have said that Trump can be charming one-on-one, but the only charm I have ever seen looks shallow, like a salesman leading you to closing a deal. And yet up to maybe about 25 to 30% (?) of Americans LIKE his personality? "So what if he is a liar, he's lying on our behalf." I became sick of Trump in 2006 when his feud with Rosie O'Donnell exploded across the news. What a billionaire idiot.

What's with his peculiar accent? I thought he should have a New York accent, but do they pronounce the short "A" sound as almost a long "A"? For example, he always says "we will do it very FASTE" or "those are some BADE dudes", "I have a lot of CASHE". Where did that come from? The Wharton School of Finance?

What really annoys me about the Trumpster is how he can make his mouth into a perfect square.

That is so cool! I wish I could do it, especially when making a loud and aggressive point during an argument.

But alas, I have tried to do it in front of a mirror and simply cannot.

So....Maybe I'm just a tad jealous?

LOL

Trump's facial expressions are a grotesque Kabuki Theater. I cannot believe how he can contort his face and lips the way he does without fatigue. It make it HARD for me to watch him speak. So in watching the news, I just look away and just suffer the harsh impact of his weird, fragmented, De Nero talking style, and skip the visual of that cartoon character.

Edited by Airbrush

In every way (he annoys me).

Even among past Presidents who I didn't like, I could generally find some redeeming quality about them. Nixon was as amoral as they come, and was both paranoid and power-hungry, but he cared enough about how the future would view him that he actually did some good things. Reagan had a lot of bad policies, but he was a likable, senile grandfather figure, and gave great speeches. George W Bush is probably the dimmest bulb in the box, but I'd have a beer with him any day.

There is absolutely nothing redeeming about Trump; he is, as best as I can tell, a completely despicable person, a con artist with no moral fiber, and what little business success he may have had, has been by guile, by pandering to the worst of human greed and avarice, and by taking advantage of others.

Edited by Nature Geek

Recently Trump Tweeted that we should watch Judge Jeanine on Fox News. Judge Jeanine begins her tirade by declaring that "Paul Ryan should step down!"

She is the most annoying female counterpart to Trump as lip contortion champions. Just watch them as their big lips flap around in extraordinary style, with remarkable square lip openings, endlessly without fatigue!

Recently Trump Tweeted that we should watch Judge Jeanine on Fox News. Judge Jeanine begins her tirade by declaring that "Paul Ryan should step down!"

She is the most annoying female counterpart to Trump as lip contortion champions. Just watch them as their big lips flap around in extraordinary style, with remarkable square lip openings, endlessly without fatigue!

Is it even ethical for a sitting President to ghost write news segments? Isn't that why we (the people) pay (Taxes) for the President to have his owner press Office?

This is another thing that annoys me about Trump. Seemingly everything he does seems to either conflict with the law or challenges the status qou for what's considered ethical. Forget the obviously issues been investigated and battled in court like Russia and the travel ban. We still have nepotism with Kushner and Ivanka, the encouragement of people to buy Invanka products, refusal to release Taxes, directing people to watch news programs which may or may not speak directly him, and on and on ad nauseam. It annoys me.

• 5 weeks later...

It seemed like a paradox to me that so many of Trump's followers have no problem with his strange mannerisms, his constant, compulsive self-pep talk. My theory is that a large segment of the population have been conditioned by a salesman syndrome. They like to hear a good sales pitch and will buy the produce just based upon the pitch. Trump is an exaggerated used car salesman like of con artist, almost a cartoon character. He is brilliant at analyzing people and telling them what they want to hear. The way he repeats the mantra "believe me!" almost every sentence. Many people are actually comforted to hear ANYONE say what they want to hear and follow that with the sacred words "believe me!" Hillary Clinton was not very good at that.

The most recent really strange thing I heard from Trump comes from a 2013 interview on TV by Wendy Williams when he and Ivanka are both asked what they have in common with each other. Trump answered "Well...I was going to say SEX, but I can't because [unintelligible but sounds like "because I'm related to her"]. That is a clear public admission, IMO, that he has had sex with his daughter, more than once. Not just once but over an unknown period of time. Remember it is what he has in common with his daughter. The fact "sex" is the first thing that pops into his devious little head when asked what he has in common with his daughter is VERY DISTRUBING. Is that something he would lie about? Are Trump's followers aware of this insanity? Listen to the recording. Ivanka just laughs it off.

http://www.msn.com/en-in/lifestyle/family/donald-trump%e2%80%99s-disturbing-response-to-what-he-has-in-common-with-ivanka/ar-BBzjgz8

Edited by Airbrush

It seemed like a paradox to me that so many of Trump's followers have no problem with his strange mannerisms, his constant, compulsive self-pep talk. My theory is that a large segment of the population have been conditioned by a salesman syndrome. They like to hear a good sales pitch and will buy the produce just based upon the pitch. Trump is an exaggerated used car salesman like of con artist, almost a cartoon character. He is brilliant at analyzing people and telling them what they want to hear. The way he repeats the mantra "believe me!" almost every sentence. Many people are actually comforted to hear ANYONE say what they want to hear and follow that with the sacred words "believe me!" Hillary Clinton was not very good at that.

The most recent really strange thing I heard from Trump comes from a 2013 interview on TV by Wendy Williams when he and Ivanka are both asked what they have in common with each other. Trump answered "Well...I was going to say SEX, but I can't because [unintelligible but sounds like "because I'm related to her"]. That is a clear public admission, IMO, that he has had sex with his daughter, more than once. Not just once but over an unknown period of time. Remember it is what he has in common with his daughter. The fact "sex" is the first thing that pops into his devious little head when asked what he has in common with his daughter is VERY DISTRUBING. Is that something he would lie about? Are Trump's followers aware of this insanity? Listen to the recording. Ivanka just laughs it off.

http://www.msn.com/en-in/lifestyle/family/donald-trump%e2%80%99s-disturbing-response-to-what-he-has-in-common-with-ivanka/ar-BBzjgz8

Conservatives have spend years convincing themselves of many things. One major belief is that every dollar the govt spends on anything besides the military is counterproductive to capitalism and restricts individual freedom. That the Constitution was more meant keep govt out of peoples lives than it was meant to establish a govt per se. So it isn't surprising Trump's supporters are not put off by his lack of knowlegde, lying, and overall incompetence. To them Trump is mocking the system. Many supported him for that very reason, they reject govt. Add in racism and a sense of religious superiority and it is clear why Trump's supporters don't care. They want him to ruin things. The govt should be involved in healthcare, education, evironmental protection, or civil rights. So why should they care Trump is incompetent. The worse of a job POTUS does the more liberty they believe they'll have.

Conservatives have spend years convincing themselves of many things. One major belief is that every dollar the govt spends on anything besides the military is counterproductive to capitalism and restricts individual freedom. That the Constitution was more meant keep govt out of peoples lives than it was meant to establish a govt per se. So it isn't surprising Trump's supporters are not put off by his lack of knowlegde, lying, and overall incompetence. To them Trump is mocking the system. Many supported him for that very reason, they reject govt. Add in racism and a sense of religious superiority and it is clear why Trump's supporters don't care. They want him to ruin things. The govt should be involved in healthcare, education, evironmental protection, or civil rights. So why should they care Trump is incompetent. The worse of a job POTUS does the more liberty they believe they'll have.

The irony, as a Republican, I can confirm this to be about 65% true, and still side with being a Republican.

It's not that we're stupid, it's that we fundamentally disagree on what we want.