Exams

ed84c

Thought i ought to start a thread where people can ask questions share advise, as it is the season etc etc.

Anyway, on a database is a currency field, alphanumeric or numeric?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now is it a proton or an electron which is positive :rolleyes:....... OMG, some [edit] most [/edit] GCSE level stuff is sooo boring! :-(

And I've got an exam on a novel, a play and 12 poems on wednesday.... sooo boring! (that's AQA english)

Anyone else doing that Edexcel experimental 'all tier' (so grades A* - F) maths exam thingy?

crap! US history tommarrow! there are like 57 billion supreme court cases that i need to know. and many many presidential modus operandi. and much much more. i am so gonna fail this test.

I just had english lit... that's one play, one novel and 12 poems out the way.... I swear, non stop essay writing for 2.25hours is a real killer!

What are people do next year?

(If GCSE this year, what Alevel?.. if Alevel what uni? etc)

I'm doing: Physics, chemistry, ICT, maths, further maths next year for Alevel.

Thought i ought to start a thread where people can ask questions share advise' date=' as it is the season etc etc.

Anyway, on a database is a currency field, alphanumeric or numeric?[/quote']

I told you it was at school, showed you proof it was on the internet- I thought you trusted me

Hurrah, exam time. I start on Tuesday. I have, in no particular order:

1) Metric spaces - it's more to do with topology, but oh well. This could be nasty.

2) Differentiation - sounds easy, but it's all to do with differentials and derivatives of functions over Rn.

3) Introduction to Fluids - the notes are really bad for this lecture course... I may fail this one :)

4) Number Theory - Don't know what they're going to ask.

5) Variational Principles - the calculus of variations. I'm feeling confident about this one.

6) Vector Analysis - All to do with curl, div, grad, Stokes' theorem, etc. Plus, a little bit of complex analysis just for kicks.

7) Algebra II - rings, ideals, domains, Jordan basis, abelian groups, etc. Considering how badly Algebra I went, I don't have my hopes up.

That's my lot. Not looking too good so far ;)

We do vector calculus in my Maths module and I don't understand :(.

I've already had:

Quantum Mechanics 2

Classical Mechanics and Relativity 2

Physics of Stars

Electromagnetism 2

Statistical Physics and Entropy

The others that I have (next one being on Friday)

Maths for Physicists 3 (vector calculus, PDEs, Fourier series and transforms, distributions, matrix algebra)

General Physics problems

Astronomical and Space Instrumentation (some telescope stuff, methods of detection, CCDs, some semiconductor stuff, etc)

Structure in the Universe (galaxies, extrasolar planets, rotation and orbital mechanics, etc)

I start a week on monday, also in no perticular order:

Thermal Physics (laws thermodynamics and some statistical physics)

Waves and Oscillators (wave motion, forced harmonic motion, shm etc...)

Electomagnetisim I (guases law, amperes law, and the bio-savat law, and a few other things which I can't remember at present)

Maths II (complex numbers, matrices, coordinate types, div, grad, curl, line integrals, surface integrals, volume integrals, fourier analysis, fourier transforms, dirac delta, Stokes's theorem and the divergence theorem)

All good fun :D

I just had english lit... that's one play' date=' one novel and 12 poems out the way.... I swear, non stop essay writing for 2.25hours is a real killer!

What are people do next year?

[i'](If GCSE this year, what Alevel?.. if Alevel what uni? etc)[/i]

I'm doing: Physics, chemistry, ICT, maths, further maths next year for Alevel.

Try doing it sat next to somebody who is insensintly (and randomly) gargalling and snorting his mucus.

Do people have loadsa external examiners in with them (mainly talking about GCSE here) because my school has like 10 examiner people, it is a big school, 240 in my year, but if this was national they must employ hundreds just for invigilating exams, or is it just a few schools?

they had a thing in the school bulitin once asking for invigulators. Yeh we have 240 as well, and usually there are 2 or 3 non teachers invidulating per exam.

GCSEs: My high school, had around 400 people/year there where around 5 invidulators (not teachers) in each exam, and a few teachers, and also for some exams there where people from the exam board making sure the school where running it all correctly.

Alevel: about the same number of invidulators but all of them where external people...

i have a question, but i do need advice................

i have a landscaping exam that the entire class is not prepared for................ only part of the test is being graded. should i worry about the rest of the test, and try on thoses questions. or only on the part that the teacher went over.

I remember in one of my final school exams I was the only person taking the exam. They passed round a list of all subjects available anywhere in the country and asked us to tick the ones we were sitting. I saw a subject that sounded cool and though 'yeah - I'll give that a try' even though they didn't teachit at my school. No-one noticed, and I got to sit the exam.

Anyway, it was just me an the invigilator, who was the local church minister and knew me very well. The only problem was, he wouldn't bloody well shut-up - he nattered on all through the exam, despite me asking him several times to keep quiet....

The first time I took the SAT some jokester thought it would be funny to keep pulling the fire alarm, again and AGAIN, we ended up evacuating the building three times in the pouring rain, I'm still amazed that they didn't invalidate the scores.

• 2 weeks later...