The Elephant in the littlest room!

DrP

OK - It's 2017 and surely it is time to redesign the standard toilet bowl. I believe it is discriminatory towards men. Girls won't have the same problem as we men do and some men just do not talk about or just do not care... even so it is time to 'tackle' the problem.

The standard toilet basin does not give clearance for the male appendage at the front of the bowl. Every time I sit down on every toilet seat I need to use a hand to tuck myself back so as to avoid the unpleasant cold and dampness of the porcelain touching the most sensitive area on my body. I always find this unpleasant and pretty disgusting. I am SURE I am not the only one to have this problem.

What I propose first of all is an awareness campaign of some sort... and then a redesigned bowl with, lets say, 8 inches of clearance at the front... so the front of the bowl will have an 8" deep cutaway for hang space. Simple!

Guys - please don't be embarrassed by this if you do not experience the same problem... consider your self lucky! But I do not think that those of us that have to sit through this unpleasantness should suffer when a simple redesign would solve the issue with a cutaway for clearance at the front of the bowl..... there - I've said it! No-one else seems willying to address this topic.

OK - It's 2017 and surely it is time to redesign the standard toilet bowl. I believe it is discriminatory towards men. Girls won't have the same problem as we men do and some men just do not talk about or just do not care... even so it is time to 'tackle' the problem.

The standard toilet basin does not give clearance for the male appendage at the front of the bowl. Every time I sit down on every toilet seat I need to use a hand to tuck myself back so as to avoid the unpleasant cold and dampness of the porcelain touching the most sensitive area on my body. I always find this unpleasant and pretty disgusting. I am SURE I am not the only one to have this problem.

Let's not boast, but for me the ideal toilet, allows for a ruler...

No-one else seems willying to address this topic.

Tell me that was an intentional spelling mistake! :) Actually I agree with you - sometimes I find that I am sitting on the loo and I've actually gone and peed over the porcelain rim, between the rim and the seat. That is gross. A bit more space would avoid that, although 8 inches is rather OTT (get it? oh never mind)

I am not keen on that Japanese toilet. lol - Lacks the essential seat and splash shielding that the bowl offers... just needs more space at the front on our standard western models.

@DrK - "intentional mistake" - lol of course, it wasn't Freudian... I was thinking it was the kind of slip up that could have been though.

Would it help if there was more space behind the toilet? That would be relatively easy to accomplish with some existing models.

But just in case:

toilet.jpg

I have been in Japan twice, and I can't remember seeing a toilet like that. They all had self-cleaning seats and nice spraying and drying facilities.

But to avoid mud on the seat, I need to add:

2A36AA6D00000578-3148808-image-m-3_14359

Edited by Bender

Don't forget the water is usually cold too...

@Deacon - there is only so far back you can go without other problems arising.... lol - and yea - if it makes me a millionaire I promise to change my name to Dr Pee.

@Raider - the problem isn't with urinating... it is when I have to sit down.

@Mootanman - if you have a problem with it dipping in the water then I am afraid there is nothing I can do for you - you are a freak of nature.

Seriously though - when I talk to friends about this most of them joke about it dipping in the water or that they just whop it over their shoulder to avoid the problem... but joking aside I think it is an easy fix just by a slight alteration of the bowl dimensions at the front under the seat to allow sufficient space for danglage.

I think it is an easy fix just by a slight alteration of the bowl dimensions at the front under the seat to allow sufficient space for danglage.

When was the last time anything used by the public got bigger and more comfortable? I think it's much more likely that you'll need to change rather than changing all the toilets slightly. Most people will see this as a personal danglesomeness problem.

How about an individual engineering fix? Something with pulleys and gears, possibly attached to the pubic hairs, that lifts as you sit?

Phi - this is just the kind of silliness I was talking about that usually arises when I bring the subject up with mates. lol. I do not see how I am supposed to change... short of getting an operation, which seems a bit extreme!

Regarding the engineering fix - I don't trust myself with a pulley system for that either- if it went wrong it could be rather painful.... and end up stretching it out even further.... a simple tuck back does the job. No - It's time to re design the bowl!

I have not tried those... Seems like a plan, but it isn't the point. They should be rolled out in every public toilet and they should completely replace the round bowl with these as standard. Anything else is discriminatory.

I have not tried those... Seems like a plan, but it isn't the point. They should be rolled out in every public toilet and they should completely replace the round bowl with these as standard. Anything else is discriminatory.

Seems like you are the one who is now being silly. :)

You're going to need to show why it's medically required. Like, because the depression in the toilet bowl isn't deep enough to prevent your discomfort, it's affecting the quality of your work. You have... Depression Depression Syndrome.

We're not doing enough as a society to help those who suffer from DDS, and what little is done just goes right down the drain.

At this point I think we need pics...