Stupidest things you've done

silentsailor

there is one more. watching cartoons, my brother got the idea that he can actually use the seeds of watermelon as bullets. well somebody came to our house and there we were having a fight with throwing seeds at each other with our mouth ( ot b more precise). and the lady comes in between. oh boy my mom is angry as hell.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For physics class we had to make these journal entries about different physics principles. My best friend and I decided it would be great to do them as a movie. We got four of them done and needed one more so we took the camera to a huge, snow-covered hill and built a three foor ramp at the bottom. We decided to demostrate momentum so he went to the top of the hill while I stood at the base of the ramp. I wasn't aware at the time but he took a running start from the top and was going pretty fast by the time he got to the bottom. The goal was for me to try and stop him (to show transfer of momentum) but he just leveled me. Completely drove me into the ground. We got that one on video.

Later that day we built the ramp up higher to see what cool stuff we could do. It got to be so we could get a good four or five feet off air of the ramp. He went down first and landed but never got up for some reason. I was going down behind and didn't stop (figured he'd move). Well, he didn't and I ended up landing on him from several feet in the air while still going with good forward speed. He couldn't walk the rest of the day so we went home.

Next day we went back and I was repairing and building up the ramp. He decided to come down without telling me. I heard something so I turned around, saw him coming and tried to jump over him. He caught me feet, took them out from under me and in a flash my face slammed into the ground and I was being dragged down the hill. There were some classic moments sledding.

oh, we lit off a model rocket engine without a rocket... they like to fly back and forth over your head when you do that : P

Me and my friend Justin did something like that one day...except we didn't have anything except for the rocket engines (no launch pad or anything), so we just hooked up the wire thingies in the back to a 9-volt battery. Justin ended up having to go to the hospital because the rocket burned his leg.

Oh, and when I was about 9 years old I had this obsession with lighting fires in coffee cans. Well, I was in the laundry room playing with the coffee cans and fire, when I accidently knocked one over and onto a little pile of clothes...and I decided that the laundry detergent would be the best thing to put it out (I thought that it would act like sand). None of the clothes really caught on fire, but a few of my little brothers PJs melted.

Guest 12UP7

...forgetting that vertical and horizontal factors are completely independant and that the length that a projectile has been shot, (lets say a coin) off of a table does not effect the length of time it reaches the ground. In this situation the height at which it was shot only matters. Thus, if one was dropped and one was pushed off, it wouldn't make a difference in time.

And this actually is embarrassing for the fact that I almost did not make it to honorary in our division for that stupid mistake. And it is Obviously in all editions of Hewitt's texts so don't smite me or anything. And yes, I Did Do the "Experiment" in the book so in fact it IS very embarrassing.

One of the more stupid things I've done, but probably not the stupidest.

After getting in serious trouble for something at school, I thought it would be funny to record the conversation between me and the high school dean for my buddies on a little voice recorder.

A few hours later, by some stroke of bad luck, the recorder was taken away from my friend at lunch and ended up in the dean's office. By a further stroke of bad luck, the dean decided to play the tape, and it happened to be the small portion of the tape that had OUR conversation. Nearly got expelled for that one.

I once had a really bad gas leak and in the stressfull situation lit a cigerette.Fortunately i was unharmed as i was near the centre of the leak.Unfortunate were the three fireman,the next door neighbour and the cat.All of whom perished in the blast.I do often feel guilty but i guess they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Just like gran when i dropped the radio in the bath to see what happens,how was i to know she would pull the plug out.Guess it was her fault for being so thoughtfull.

So when i reflect on it i think they were very stupid to be so negligent of the dangers.

I had a 'you dumbass' moment a few weeks ago. I was at the driving range working on my swing with my 8 and 9 irons and was hitting the ball perfectly. Suddenly, probably because of fatigue after two buckets of balls, I started topping the ball again. In frustration, I took my 8 iron and with my right arm slammed it into the ground. The club went a few inches into the earth and stopped abruptly, thus bending my right thumb backwards quite a bit. Since then, it has hurt like crazy to put any type of strong grip on something, and if my golf swing is even slightly out of whack, a sharp pain runs through my right hand and wrist. Heh.

the stupidest thing that i had done was accidentaly erased the wrong partition on my hard drive. I was trying to reinstall linux and mixed the win partition with the linux partition. I was luckey that i had everything backed up on a cd. It would have been stupider if i had some important files and had not backed up my files.

• 8 months later...

Is it too late to jump start this thread?

...I can relate to a lot of the things AzurePhoenix has done.

I've also got an experience with a fire-blowing metal pipe from the ground. Mine wasn't a 20 foot flames, but it was about half that. One fourth of July, a few friends and me were screwing around, and we threw some firecrackers (small ones) into one of these vent shafts. It was at night, and luckily our heads were outta the way because a huge blue-orange-and red flame shot out! It sounded like a miniature rocket for about 8 or 10 seconds!

wow... too many to list.. taking out all the gunpowder from a box loads of fireworks, stuffing all the gunpowder into a glass jam jar and blowing it up... i dont recommend doing this..

making a floppy disc bomb using nail polish remover and such and handing it in as "homework" to a teacher which ended up blowing up my teachers laptop..

doing a belly flop off a diving bord 5m high

spraying a whole can of antipirsprint on my arm, which ended up giving me a scar..

ahh.. so many memories

gluing together my spud gun. inside.

never mind the fumes, or the small purple stain on the lanoleum (sp?), the real danger here was when my mother came home and smelled it and wanted to know what in the holy hell we had done in her house to make it smell like nail polish remover. thats a life and death situation right there.

When experimenting with shall I say "fireworks", I wanted a more homogenous mix of two ingredients, one of which was sugar. Into the saucepan they went, saucepan on the gas, beginning to melt nicely, the enormity of what I was doing hit me, with shaking fingers I extinguished the gas, ran to the other end of the street and waited a couple of hours and crept back home..........the concoction worked rather well, but was not repeated.

when i was young <5 years old i thought that the electric fire was cold after it stopped glowing red. one day i decided through child logic to test this hypothesis... you can still see some of my skin welded to the bar to this day and part of my fingerprint is missing.

LMAO at this thread!

Most stupid thing I ever did: Get married at 20 years old.

Wisest thing I ever did: Learn from my divorce 4 years later how to really treat a lady. :)

Ok more stupid stuff:

a> Sister pissed me off, locked herself in a car. I decided to punch through the window... it worked, much to my knuckles dismay (and many stiches later, my dismay).

b> Decided to jump a barb-wire fence. Upon going over my foot got cought in the barb wire and I was hanging by my skin.

c> When I was 8 years old, I decided to use a machete my grandfather had as an "indiana jones" toy. Well I wound up almost cutting off my left hand.

d> Deciding to go down a water slide into deep water without knowing how to swim when I was about 5 years old.

e> Driving a stolen car into a tree at 60 mph to see "what an accident was like." I was 14.

Many more but they are even more embarassing. :embarass:

• 1 month later...

Two things come to mind ;) lol:

1.When i was in the air cadets i turned around and accidently called a group of officers gay **shudder**

2.Trying to dismantle a disposable camera flash mechanism (unaware it was fully charged), at the age of 10 with a metal screw driver **second shudder** :P

Ah so many stupid things but to start....

1)I once managed to obtain a photograph of a particulaly unpopular teacher at my school, drew all over it and modified his face with paintshop, printed out several copies to distrubute around school and then realised my school username id was printed at the bottom of each page.

2)Every summer when it was hot, me and a few friends would always jump off a bridge near us into the river. I would always check if boats were coming from underneath but one time I forgot, jumped off, landed on a rowing boat and broke my ankle. I managed to make the local paper and a 'danger do not jump off the bridge' sign was quickly put up.

3)One time after coming out of a pub, decided it would be hilarious to car jump a car which stopped at a zebra crossing. Turns out my mums best friend was in the car.

is "air cadets" like Civil Air Patrol?

It might be, its a youth organisation run by the royal air force in england, a bit like the scouts. They also have cadet groups run by the army and navy. Its not like a recruiting tool (any more) but its popular with kids/teenagers who have an interest in aviation. You also can get the ocassional flying lessons.

But in the case of that unfortunate night they were actual RAF officers and a couple of MOD police! ;) ..... wait a minute :-(

No' date=' its a youth organisation run by the royal air force in england, a bit like the scouts. They also have cadet groups run by the army and navy. Its not like a recruiting tool (any more) but its popular with kids/teenagers who have an interest in aviation. You also can get the ocassional flying lessons.

But in the case of that unfortunate night they were actual RAF officers and a couple of MOD police! ;) ..... wait a minute :-([/quote']

So, it's the UK version of Civil Air Patrol.

My friend made a ramp and brought it over. It was real weak. It was cardboard with on side on 2 phone books. So I went on my bike jumped it but it collapsed while I was still on it. I was aiming to get over the fence but instead my back tire caught onto the fence. I flew, slammed into the neighbors thorn bushes and since he had a walk way between the bushes and our fence (it's a big house) I fell and hit my head on it.