Stupidest things you've done

silentsailor

Stupidest thing I'd ever done:

I thought I knew how to water ski. I thought if I couldnt water ski' date=' I wouldnt let myself be dragged 160ft through the water. After that, I thought I'd never find my suit.

:embarass:[/quote']

lol...

a little tip: once the skis are behind you instead of infront of you... no further progress can be made. let go, start over. :P

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was about 5 minutes ago.

Short story: I had a balloon full of the perfect explosive ratio of Hydrogen and Oxygen and I tried to connect it to a propane torch head and light it. Well, there was a leak in my seal and it went off like a shotgun, singing hair and flinging rubber shards everywhere. :D

Full Version (probably not worth it) http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showpost.php?p=171261&postcount=34

Decided to take up archery. Decent shot, but my third arrow ricocheted into my leg (rounded practice tips.) I take another shot, the arrow ricochets, hits me right in the breast, ouch... decide third time's the charm, take the shot, it ricochets back to my face, which I barely block with my palm.

NUmber two; decided that people were over-reacting when they said the raven at the wildlife center was pure evil, and that one must carry a hose at all times around him. I go into his aviary. He seems sweet. I scratch his head, feed him some rat liver, turn around, set down the hose to sweep, and he mauls my hair, get's tangled, spears my scalp with his bill a few times.

oh come on. we all kno youve got something more than an arrow to the face and a bird mauling...

dont be shy, we wont laugh. or at least you wont know we did. ; )

i got another one:

trampoline. backflips, frontflips, over and over again, for about a year, no problems. then one day i go to do another backflip and for some reason i go back instead of up. and land on the fence... gee, i think to myself, that sure was wierd... lets do that right. backflip, straight into the fence again... havent done one since.

Oh! I once ran with a knife down a hall way and I tripped on a banana peel, fortunately, the knife landed flat on the ground, and I didn't even cut myself. But the moment right when the knife is underneath you falling in mid-air, and me seeing it twirl menacingly has got to be the most frightening milisecond of my life.

I have to think back.....

practicing cartwheels and backflips upstairs in the loft..... got carried away and slammed into the railing, would have flung myself over if my boyfriend hadn't snagged me.

here's another

found these deep tubes out in the woods, dropped a few molotov cocktails down them, but they wouldn't ignite. Soaked a rag in lighterfluid, ignited it, dropped in down the hole, and looked down it, barely moved out of the way to dodge a twenty foot jet of blue flame. I really want to know what was at the bottom of that hole. Man I got scorched....

That doesn't seem to me to be enough to propel a jet of blue flame twenty feet, plus the minimum of thirty feet that the hole dropped down.

What else have I done? I set a rose bush on fire, well, one rose, then the bush followed. Man, the neighbors were pissed....

Decided to take up archery. Decent shot' date=' but my third arrow ricocheted into my leg (rounded practice tips.) I take another shot, the arrow ricochets, hits me right in the breast, ouch... decide third time's the charm, take the shot, it ricochets back to my face, which I barely block with my palm.

[/quote']Three ricochets that come right back to hit you? Stop practicing in a tunnel.

found these deep tubes out in the woods... I really want to know what was at the bottom of that hole.
Sounds like the kind of tubes they put in old landfill sites they cover up and forest over. The tubes vent methane buildup from the organic garbage way below.

When I was mowing the lawn a few years ago I was turning around at the fence and pushed against it with my arm to gain a bit of momentum. I few minutes later I felt a burning sensation in my arm and I looked down and saw around 500 splinters in my arm.

Almost as stupid is when I used a needle to dig most of them out.

I didn't light the tubes on fire per say, I just filled them with an ignitable substance,which I just accidently happened to ignite.

Thanks phi, methane sounds right, especially witht eh color. I'll have to see if tehir were any old trashpits around their while they were working on the dam (it was by a lake)

Another stupid mistake. I unknowingly caught a Tarantula Hawk, which apparently has the most painful sting in N. America, I didn't know that, let it crawl across my hand, up my neck, over my ear. No stings though.

After reading through this thread, I have decided that it is a wonder that there are any scientists left in this world.

I think we should take a moment to mourn any geniuses who must have died trying to figure out what kills them.

when i was 6 i seen a cartoon where a cat got flushed down the toilet. thought to myself "would that really happen?" . found a friend with a cat. you can probably guess what happened next.

And how long did it take the scratches to heal? :P

drilling a peice of wood on my lap, the drill bit suddenly went through and twisted my jeans up so much it was cutting the blood supply of to my leg but I considered myself lucky that it stopped before drilling into me, so I carefuly started to unwind the drill and accidently caught the trigger, it went into my leg That Time!

I don`t know what hurt more, the injury or my stupidity.

1. Deciding that midnight in the middle of winter in Canberra is the perfect time to go for a naked trail bike ride.

2. When my wife wanted some of those "Space Bag" things for storing clothes and blankets I protested "But darling, our vacuum cleaner doesn't have a 'suck' function." (She spent 2 hours on the phone telling my mother and all my sisters about my brilliance.)

i forgot a few...

4. hairpin in the wall socket. that was fun... especially when i tried to pull it out so i wouldnt get caught.

there was someone who did that in my high school. they put paper cilps in the rubber end of a pencil... they ruin THREE walll sockets.

1. when i was born my 4 yr older brother got real jealous. i dont know wat came on him but he had to get rid of me . so wat happens???? my brother tries to flush me down the toilet. think it was my good luck that my mother came and saved me . and to u bro ( he also is a member of this forum), she loves me more. LOL

2. this one relates to me and my teacher. i was sharpening my pencil with a good blade, real sharp. cut my hand. coincidently there was a comic in my desk. she comes towards me and says, why were u reading the comic. i said i was not, said that cut my hand. she wont believe me. i showed the bloody hand she still didnt. ( i have no idea why) well finally i had to ask her and she allowed me to leave.

just in case wandering, this was in india, where u can not enter or leave the room without the teachers permission. and if u do, ur in deep deep trouble.

3. i tried to get into my house which was on the 4rth floor. somehow my brother kept on sleeping from when we left. so i had to climb the building railings fourth floor and climb into my house, just to know that my brother woke up and let my mom in the house.

4. my right hand had been broken and well i did not play soccer for a long time. so i siad , wat the heck lets try it. so i went into the field and there we go playing soccer. first ball i was fine. second ball just missed. third one, right into the hand. oh ya i forgot to mention i was the goalie. :D

went into the male's washroom 2 times in a row (forgot to read the sign)

How did I forget? I followed another girl into the washroom. (only to realize that when she turned around, it was a guy :eek: )