SFN Flash Movie: Stage 1; Choosing our story

RedAlert

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, everyone needs some sort of weapon to wield as well as a physical description.

Okay then, uhh draw me with a Halo plasma rifle or energy sword then. I can really rip stuff up with those. I'm about 5'9, light brown hair, beard, muscular build and I wear green a lot. I don't know if I already gave a physical description, but what the hey.

Heres what my weapons look like (whatever is easier to draw/looks cooler)

http://library.psyjnir.net/screens/50/plasmarifle_2.jpg

http://library.psyjnir.net/screens/57/plasmasword.jpg

Seriously' date=' everyone needs some sort of weapon to wield as well as a physical description. Do you want to reserve the lightsaber or should the artists start working on a monkey with a whisk? Or do you prefer "heavy weaponry", as you put it earlier?

And I apologize if the button remark sounded patronizing. You know I would never willingly risk your wrath for a cheap joke.[/quote']

I'll dual wield two Uzi-submachine guns. Plus, I want to like like an evil penguin terrorist in the game.

Wow! Interest in the Flash Movie has really jumped. How come?

I say we should do a movie that mocks Star Wars, with different characters from our forum acting like Star Wars characters.

they did something like that... if you have ever seen Jay and Sighlent Bob Strike Back. you will know what iam trying to talk about.

but i have 2 ideas.............they're kinda.........wierd.

it's off of 2 short stories that i wrote.

1. the possible plot of the rabbits.

2. vampire teacher.

never mind

they did something like that... if you have ever seen Jay and Sighlent Bob Strike Back. you will know what iam trying to talk about.

but i have 2 ideas.............they're kinda.........wierd.

it's off of 2 short stories that i wrote.

1. the possible plot of the rabbits.

2. vampire teacher.

never mind

No! No! We absolutely appreciate your ideas and would like you to contribute further. I quite like your idea of the rabbits!

Watch out! The Killer Rabbits are coming!!!!!

If you have room could you make a character of me?

about 5'6"' date='short,brown,spiky hair,blue or gray eyes, jeans and a t-shirt.

For my weopon I could have a sword on one hip and a pistol on the other.[/quote']

Roger that.

RedAlert, have you given any thought to running time? I think anything over about three minutes would be too ambitious.

Also, how much plot are you looking for? Is the idea of SFN members doing verbal and physical battle with various trolls enough or are you looking for more? Should we wait till after Memorial Day for everyone who wants a character to post? I would like the cast set before scripting.

Does everyone remember these likenesses are going to be very simple, ala South Park? Do you still think that style is the way to go? I thought it best since I have no idea how good flash animation can get, or how good our people are. I've seen some people going way beyond the basic facial features descriptions, mentioning height, multiple weapons, etc. I think we'll want to put some limits on detail so we don't get too bogged down.

There have been a novel and a musical that didn't get past the planning stages, probably because they tried to go way overboard on details from many ideas put forward and were faced with the monumental task of incorporating them all. Lots of people have lots of ideas about what they'd like to see, but in the end it's going to be just a few people putting it all together.

Can we set up some kind of org chart so we know who's doing what and when? Who can do the drawings? We need continuity between the character styles so it would be great to pick one and have all the artists duplicate it. Who can do the flash stuff? Can more than one person work on that or is it better for one?

That's enough to answer for now but I have more questions.

RedAlert' date=' have you given any thought to running time? I think anything over about three minutes would be too ambitious.

Also, how much plot are you looking for? Is the idea of SFN members doing verbal and physical battle with various trolls enough or are you looking for more? Should we wait till after Memorial Day for everyone who wants a character to post? I would like the cast set before scripting.

Does everyone remember these likenesses are going to be very simple, ala South Park? Do you still think that style is the way to go? I thought it best since I have no idea how good flash animation can get, or how good our people are. I've seen some people going way beyond the basic facial features descriptions, mentioning height, multiple weapons, etc. I think we'll want to put some limits on detail so we don't get too bogged down.

There have been a novel and a musical that didn't get past the planning stages, probably because they tried to go way overboard on details from many ideas put forward and were faced with the monumental task of incorporating them all. Lots of people have lots of ideas about what they'd like to see, but in the end it's going to be just a few people putting it all together.

Can we set up some kind of org chart so we know who's doing what and when? Who can do the drawings? We need continuity between the character styles so it would be great to pick one and have all the artists duplicate it. Who can do the flash stuff? Can more than one person work on that or is it better for one?

That's enough to answer for now but I have more questions.[/quote']

Ok give me some time with it all. I have exams in a month now so I am concentrating a lot on them and not able to come on SFN all the time. But I will try to answer these questions by tomorrow.

No! No! We absolutely appreciate your ideas and would like you to contribute further. I quite like your idea of the rabbits!

Watch out! The Killer Rabbits are coming!!!!!

yea that's kinda' what it is about. they put a guy in the mental ward and he is tell ing how he was listening in on the rabbits. and the reporter he was telling went outsind and a small rabit jumped out of the mechanical suit . then it's a bunch a rabits prepareing riffels

yea i'm sick

if i'm in this... could i be a 5'6 girl, if you seen the "what do oyu like to wear thread" my outfit is there. all black makeup too. and ice white hair to the floor. as for weapons....... i would like a sword one of ice and purity. th other vile (blood and acid)< baulders gate dark alliance.this is supposed to bleed when there are enemies around

thank you

erm... what is this for exactly?
RedAlert had the idea of doing a short Flash movie about these forums. It is intended to be a spoof of members and some of the trolls that occasionally appear to thwart the ideals of science.
If you are going to include me (heaven forbid) please remember that I am merely a dancing cow.
With an advanced degree in physics, right? If you wish to be included, you will have a cow head, but I don't know if we can make you dance. If included (your discretion), it is guaranteed that you will be witty, intelligent and give delicious milk.

erm... what is this for exactly?

PS: If you are going to include me (heaven forbid) please remember that I am merely a dancing cow.

Heaven forbid? I never asked you to join, you came here. You only participate if you WANT to join.

yeah... i mentioned the spudgun weapon, but i really dont care. use me if you want, give me whatever details you want. :P

If someone could tell me we could easily do something better than South Park-like characters, I'd be all over that. I think it's more a matter of animating a more realistic-looking character than a spud-like one.

Don't worry, Azure, we'll make sure you look a-peel-ing.