Psychic Phenomena- a decent walkthrough

Apex Anomaly

I, personally, am well aware that Psychic phenomena exists and that there are, in fact, real psychics out there. If you do not believe then there is no need to participate in this discussion as it would be an impasse. Here is my questionnaire to see if you're qualified to be a part of this conversation.

Do you believe that the mind is physical? (Are you a materialist?)

If so, do you believe that the mind works just as the brain appears? (Neural networks, connections, etc.)

If so, do you believe that information is reducible to changes in our environment?

If so, do you believe that these changes in our environment are what determines the structure of the brain (barring the genome)?

If so, do you believe that our knowledge is a subcomponent of the structure of the brain?

If so, do you believe that knowledge is small, maybe even particulate?

If so, do you believe that knowledge can exist outside of your, and others, heads?

If so, do you believe in quantum mechanics?

I believe that this is a nice qualifying questionnaire for the discussion that may be to come...

Edited by Apex Anomaly

Oh please. Can you provide evidence of said psychics? If you cannot, that means you have no proper reason to believe in them yourself. The James Randi challenge has never been claimed despite it being offered for a very long time. No one has ever proved any psychic abilites. On what basis do you claim that there are real psychics?

Your ''questionnare'' is preposterous.You don't get to decide who takes part in this thread. Also, if you want only people who believe in psychic phenomena to post, you will find that probably no one will take part. Not to mention that your little ''questionnare'' has absolutely nothing to do with the existance of psychic phenomena or lack thereof.

The rules of this forum are that pseudosciences are allowed, however, if you make a claim, it is incumbent on you to provide evidence for it. You've made a claim that you know of real psychics. I suggest you focus on providing evidence and discussing the thread title, instead of arrogantly posing a questionnare for you to decide who is even ''qualified'' to take part in this discussion.

!

Moderator Note

Sorry, way too many topics going on there! Here's the way we can do what you're asking:

1. Read the special rules we have for speculating. Wild ass guesswork is NOT our thing.

2. Formulate any arguments you have to support your idea either in the form of questions, so members can discuss the science that way, or make some assertions about your ideas, and support them with any evidence you have.

We're here to discuss science, and other topics, in a methodical way. Thanks for your participation and adherence to the standards and rules we have here.

Please feel free to start fresh with a new format. This one is a soup sandwich, trust me.