A straight forward Chess Puzzle !

Commander

There is no mate on f6. The black pawn is defending f6. Taking the e7 pawn isn't mate either.

EDIT: I assume you meant Qe6+. Black can just take the queen with the king.

Thank you for pointing that out. +1

It shows how long since I last played, I even got the direction of play wrong.

I had that pesky pawn going for queen.

Edited by studiot

You should play some. Maybe with me if you like. I opened a chess thread not so long ago, but not a single soul responded, so I'm surprised to see this kind of puzzle be popular.

Anyways, I checked the puzzle with an egine because I suspected it wasn't a mate in two (no offense to the OP, but you can't know someone's chess level on a forum where they don't respond to chess threads lol). It's actually not straightforward at all. There is a lot of possible tactics involved because there are so many variations to calculate. You would think that any mate in two puzzle would be piss easy, but nope.

I don't know what is going on here, but this is the third time I have posted this.

1) Rook to e3 check

2) If bishop (or knight) to e4 then

3) Queen to f6 mate.

Hi

R e3 + if answered by b e4+ it results in a check to the White king and therefore no Q move by White can follow ! I mean the next White move can not be of Queen !

Edited by Commander

N X R

N x r will be answered ny n x R

That means if White Knight removes Black rook Black answers with Black knight removing White Rook.

What is next by White ?

Nope. Think checkmate in TWO. You have to calculate till mate, otherwise it's just a guess.

As I said, the move isn't obvious at all.

Don't give up !

]Sol: attachicon.gifchesss1.png

Case 1:

attachicon.gifCase1 chesss1.jpg

Sol 1:

attachicon.gifCase1 chesss1.jpg

Case 2:

attachicon.gifCase2 chesss1.jpg

Sol 2:

attachicon.gifCase2 chesss11.jpg

Any other cases Sol:

attachicon.gifAnycase chesss11.jpg

P.S: I don't know the expansion of the moves written so i don't know whether someone commented this already

Yes what about

u13v0k7sjitt.png

Edited by Commander

What do you find unclear there? If knight takes the rook on d4, then the black knight will take white's rook on d3 and there is no mate next move.

Sorry. I was editing my answer and something came up. I don't believe there is a solution. Good puzzle if there is one...