The Impeachment of Trump?

Airbrush

Trump ran for president as a publicity stunt, never thinking he would be president, but enjoyed his bully pulpit blasting Obama and the Dems.  But by fortuitous turn of events, or unfortunate for many, he was able to win the presidency, and now he doesn't know what to do. 

How long until he loses interest and resigns?  The current level of criticism is nothing he, or anyone, ever experienced before.  He lamented that he missed his old life and admitted he never knew being president would be harder than being a businessman running a private company, not accountable to anyone but himself.  The sooner he gets impeached the better for everyone, including himself.  May we allow for the possibility Trump could resign, out of simple disinterest, disgust, and righteous indignation, even without impeachment brought against him?

Edited by Airbrush

4 minutes ago, zapatos said:

And I'd have to check to be certain, but I'm pretty sure none of them are still in office, so I'm unclear why the fact they were Democrats was brought up in the first place.

Because "Well Democrats were the racist party 100 years ago" is a popular deflection to distract from the way things are in the present. 

It's a subset of the "Democrats are the real racists" category of talking points.

White privilege showed up in the usual manner this morning. The only difference this time, upholding hate groups and terrorists merely to deride liberalism.

If the driver yelled allah akbar before running over the protestors, they'd be screaming from the rooftops.

Numerous, if not a majority of Republicans repudiate white nationalists, their motives and actions across the board, without the need to play political football to score cheap shots.

17 minutes ago, zapatos said:

And I'd have to check to be certain, but I'm pretty sure none of them are still in office, so I'm unclear why the fact they were Democrats was brought up in the first place.

Because it is important to note who firmly ingrained racism into the American culture and law.  

9 minutes ago, waitforufo said:

Because it is important to note who firmly ingrained racism into the American culture and law.  

That's always been clear; it was racists.

Perhaps you should have pointed out that it was men who firmly ingrained racism into American culture and law. That would have been just as meaningful.

What is much more important to note is who is firmly working to keep racism ingrained in American culture and law.

Edited by zapatos

42 minutes ago, waitforufo said:

"spiked at the same time Jim Crow laws were being enacted" by Democrats.

You can stuff this where the sun doesn't shine. The Democratic party of 100 years ago bears little resemblance to what the party stands for today. This is nothing more than invoking the fallacy of equivocation, which is a dishonest discussion tactic.

The party doing this stuff today, or giving it cover, is the GOP.

47 minutes ago, waitforufo said:

"spiked at the same time Jim Crow laws were being enacted" by Democrats.

Yeah, because the Southern strategy in the 60s and 70s changed nothing. Democrats have never ever shifted their stance on any of these issues... ever. Nope... not once. Pure monolithic unchanging stance in favor of racism... Gosh... so glad you're here to share these valuable insights. :rolleyes:

Once more you do little more than try to further the divisions between us when I suspect there's a lot here about which we agree. FFS...

52 minutes ago, iNow said:

Yeah, because the Southern strategy in the 60s and 70s changed nothing. Democrats have never ever shifted their stance on any of these issues... ever. Nope... not once. Pure monolithic unchanging stance in favor of racism... Gosh... so glad you're here to share these valuable insights. :rolleyes:

Once more you do little more than try to further the divisions between us when I suspect there's a lot here about which we agree. FFS...

The Southern strategy is nothing but a minor footnote in the history of racism in America.  The history of racism in America was written chapter and verse by the Democratic party.  Nixon simply hoisted Hubert Humphrey on a petard carefully crafted by the Democratic party over 150 years. Perhaps one day there will be a prominent Democrat who honestly accepts their party's responsibility for promoting racism, but I doubt it.  A simple statement admitting that we wouldn't be here today with regard to racism without the Democratic party.   

1 hour ago, swansont said:

You can stuff this where the sun doesn't shine. The Democratic party of 100 years ago bears little resemblance to what the party stands for today. This is nothing more than invoking the fallacy of equivocation, which is a dishonest discussion tactic.

The party doing this stuff today, or giving it cover, is the GOP.

I don't let the Nazi party off the hook for there atrocities, why should I let the Democratic party off the hook for theirs?   

Did the Democratic party used to support racism? Yes. Do they today? I'm sure there are a handful of exceptions, but no. 

Does the democratic / republican, liberal / conservative, us / them, ingroup / ougroup wedge you're trying to force between us all have any relevance here? No again.

You're merely trying to dehumanize those with differences from you and rationalize dismissing people... not for the actual content of their comments or their character, but merely based on some arbitrary label. 

Even I can admit that members of the KKK and neo-Nazis are not some monolith... that they have families and may even do some good in this world. When I push back, it's specifically against the content of their message and their openly expressed views.

Are you simply too lazy to try doing the same? I'm pretty sure you're not too stupid, but I've been wrong before. 

10 minutes ago, waitforufo said:

The Southern strategy is nothing but a minor footnote in the history of racism in America.  The history of racism in America was written chapter and verse by the Democratic party.  Nixon simply hoisted Hubert Humphrey on a petard carefully crafted by the Democratic party over 150 years. Perhaps one day there will be a prominent Democrat who honestly accepts their party's responsibility for promoting racism, but I doubt it.  A simple statement admitting that we wouldn't be here today with regard to racism without the Democratic party.   

Don't be ridiculous. The racists weren't constrained by the Democratic party. Racists existed both before and after the inception of the Democratic party, and they exist everywhere. Laying racism in America on an organization rather than on people is pathetic.

3 minutes ago, zapatos said:

Don't be ridiculous. The racists weren't constrained by the Democratic party. Racists existed both before and after the inception of the Democratic party, and they exist everywhere. Laying racism in America on an organization rather than on people is pathetic.

The Democratic party maintained political dominance in this country decades if not a century by catering to racists.  The KKK was founded by Democrats.  Major trade unions, all Democratic party supporters, were all racist.  There would have been no Charlottesville racist riot without the Democratic party.  Democrats need to take some responsibility.     

25 minutes ago, waitforufo said:

I don't let the Nazi party off the hook for there atrocities, why should I let the Democratic party off the hook for theirs?   

We're talking about current events here. Is there anyone even alive today that was part of the party's actions back then? I doubt it. 

11 minutes ago, waitforufo said:

Perhaps one day there will be a prominent Democrat who honestly accepts their party's responsibility for promoting racism, but I doubt it.  A simple statement admitting that we wouldn't be here today with regard to racism without the Democratic party.   

Monkey see monkey do?

Liberals tied you down and poured racism down your throat?

Self indoctrination while blaming everyone else.

Face it, you're not here to make salient points and explore solutions, but to be divisive and hyper-partisan. You put yourself in the minority. No one else.

3 minutes ago, waitforufo said:

There would have been no Charlottesville racist riot without the Democratic party. 

Bullshit. 

If it wasn't the democrats it would have been racists using a different name doing all of the racist things in the past. Democrats today are not responsible for that. That's how time and causality work.

Southern democrats were conservative. They called themselves democrats because the racists did not want to be associated with the party of Lincoln, because he/the GOP freed the slaves and passed the thirteenth amendment. Similarly, calling the GOP the party of Lincoln is dishonest. It's now the party of Trump.

I see no reason to apologize because of the name they chose to use. 

I see no reason to put up with what appears to be willful obfuscation and attempt to confuse the issue.

5 minutes ago, rangerx said:

Monkey see monkey do?

Liberals tied you down and poured racism down your throat?

Self indoctrination while blaming everyone else.

Face it, you're not here to make salient points and explore solutions, but to be divisive and hyper-partisan. You put yourself in the minority. No one else.

Who says I'm a racist?  Show me a racist post I have ever made.  I'm all in favor of tearing down every Confederate memorial in the country including those in national monuments like Gettysburg and Antietam.  I would remove Confederate graves from Arlington National Cemetery.  As a hiring manager I have hired people of all races, creeds, and genders.   

Part of the solution to any problem is acknowledging how we got into the problem.  

Here is an example of the history I'm talking about

Image result for lynchings at democratic party rallies

5 minutes ago, waitforufo said:

The Democratic party maintained political dominance in this country decades if not a century by catering to racists.  The KKK was founded by Democrats.  Major trade unions, all Democratic party supporters, were all racist.  There would have been no Charlottesville racist riot without the Democratic party.  Democrats need to take some responsibility.     

So what is your point? You think voters who reject racist today should vote against Democrats to punish them for racism in the past? Never mind which party today is sticking up for Nazis and using voter supression tactics in minority communities people need to coalesce behind Nazis and White Nationalist apologizers to final end racism in 2017.....

13 minutes ago, waitforufo said:

Who says I'm a racist?  Show me a racist post I have ever made.  I'm all in favor of tearing down every Confederate memorial in the country including those in national monuments like Gettysburg and Antietam.  I would remove Confederate graves from Arlington National Cemetery.  As a hiring manager I have hired people of all races, creeds, and genders.   

Part of the solution to any problem is acknowledging how we got into the problem.  

Here is an example of the history I'm talking about

Image result for lynchings at democratic party rallies

You are misrepresenting the civil rights movement and the impact it had on our 2 party system and electoral process. Doing so displays a general lack of respect for that history and those effected. You may not be posting racial slurs but you are posting things that insult Democrats like John Lewis who endured beatings and arrests during the civil rights movement. 

28 minutes ago, iNow said:

This was aired last week. Interesting perspective that waitforufo seems to be reinforcing. The newest party in american politics is the Troll party.

Not true.  I'm simply pointing out who is responsible for racism in America today and how that legacy is impacting us today.  

Here's another example.  I'll just leave the google link because the articles are so numerous.

https://www.google.com/search?q=woodrow+wilson%2C+racism&oq=woodrow+wilson%2C+racism&gs_l=psy-ab.3...4773.7443.0.8019.8.8.0.0.0.0.89.560.8.8.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.4.312...0j0i67k1j0i20k1j0i20i46k1j46i20k1.a1txqEQ96Wc 

2 minutes ago, waitforufo said:

Who says I'm a racist? Show me a racist post I have ever made.

I'm not saying you are a racist. I'm saying your posting history demonstrates a clear pattern of political bigotry. Everything is always the liberal's fault.

Never, ever taking personal responsibility, as your ilk so loudly decries.

1 minute ago, rangerx said:

I'm not saying you are a racist. I'm saying your posting history demonstrates a clear pattern of political bigotry. Everything is always the liberal's fault.

Actually, I do not think that blaming liberals is bigotry in itself. It is more that currently bigots prefer to associate themselves with the GOP (due to the lack of an ultra-right party in the US system), which is big issue for many moderate conservatives. The latter were getting marginalized since the rise of the tea party (potentially earlier) and quite a few lost to the crazes within their own party.  

2 minutes ago, CharonY said:

Actually, I do not think that blaming liberals is bigotry in itself. It is more that currently bigots prefer to associate themselves with the GOP (due to the lack of an ultra-right party in the US system), which is big issue for many moderate conservatives. The latter were getting marginalized since the rise of the tea party (potentially earlier) and quite a few lost to the crazes within their own party.  

By and large you're correct and you are right to point out alienating one's own group.

I'm Canadian. In my long life, I've voted for either of the big three at one time or other. Simply put, I put country before party. Perform, I'll vote again, don't perform I'll use my vote elsewhere. That's how a balance is struck. That's how we move on.

I'm a liberal for the most part. If another liberal is being an asshole, I'll tell them so. I do not tolerate [insert political party] derangement syndrome by default. Countless Americans are hellbent to push the extremes. You will rarely (if ever) hear a liberal claim a candidate is not liberal enough, whereas not conservative enough is a policy that scores high in the neo-conservative ranks. Moderate conservatives are overshadowed and marginalized by other conservatives, for selfish, not collective reasoning.

I applaud those conservatives who came out to condemn the recent events WITHOUT equivocation. It is the right thing to do. I builds unity, strength and resolve.

The waitforufos of the world are broadly politically deranged and only want to perpetuate discord with gotchas or fallacious points for the sole purpose of oppression, never to pursue equality, concession, compromise or fairness. All they want is to uphold their entitlement to white privilege, at everyone else's expense.

34 minutes ago, rangerx said:

The waitforufos of the world are broadly politically deranged and only want to perpetuate discord with gotchas or fallacious points for the sole purpose of oppression, never to pursue equality, concession, compromise or fairness. All they want is to uphold their entitlement to white privilege, at everyone else's expense.

So now we are on to white privilege.  Whites don't have any privilege that all people shouldn't have.  The fact non whites don't have the same privileges is called racial discrimination.  I'm for eliminating racial discrimination so that all races have the same privileges.  Those that speak about white privilege are arguing that privileges should be taken from whites so that no one has privileges.  I don't see that as a positive or progressive stance. 

1 hour ago, rangerx said:

Does the same hold true with regard to the Nazi party? Am I a political bigot because I detest the Nazi party?  How about Communist like Stalin, Putin, Pol Pot, Mao.  I detest them as well. Does that make me a political bigot. How about Pinochet? I detest him as well.

So if a bunch of progressives decided to use the following symbol for their new political party would you join?

Edit: Swastika removed by site.

So why would anyone belong to a party that uses this symbol?

Image result for democratic party symbol

Or this one?

Edit: Democratic Donkey removed by site (interesting correlation)

Edited by waitforufo

14 minutes ago, waitforufo said:

Not true.  I'm simply pointing out who is responsible for racism in America today and how that legacy is impacting us today.  

Isn't holding today's Democrats responsible for what the Democrats of 80 years ago did (and many of their children are now today's Republicans), like holding San Diego responsible for mistakes the Los Angeles Chargers make? Were you a Democrat before Nixon? Were your parents? Mine were Republicans before Nixon, but I don't hold them responsible for Trump.