Why you don't believe?

Randolpin

I does good deeds not because of the fear of punishment by someone superior but because realising the need for co-existence. Also Belief and Religion served same purpose in the past as constitution does today. So I find it unnecessary to consider belief as a factor for anything.

how can science say anything to you then even if it is true science verifying test results before you?

Scientific experiments can, and are, repeated over and over again to check them,

even hundred years after the initial discovery,

during school lessons, and in University laboratories.

f.e.

there is claim: water is made of two gases Hydrogen and Oxygen.

You perform electrolysis, and 5-10 minutes later, you see these two gases in test tubes in right proportions..

But what are these gases?

And again you perform experiment, f.e. connect electrodes on opposite sides of test tube, and provide high voltage.

And you see that one is emitting violet light (Hydrogen), while other is emitting blue-white light (Oxygen).

Additionally Hydrogen 'explodes' with air/Oxygen, in presence of flame/heat,

and Oxygen does not, but flame is more extensive.

Scientists are not restricting them self to believe, they check by them self somebody else theory or physical law.

Air between the notes - I to had/have a relationship with this holy ghost thing too... One day, if you have an open enough mind to consider it, you will see that it is a mental state, NOT a spirit of a god come to fill you up. I found that through cristianity... because that was how it was taught to me... but others find this 'nirvana' like state though other means.. I can still access the joy, peace, love, mercy and fulfilment, that you would say only comes from the holy ghost, now. I know many Christians that were never lucky enough to have this... usually because they were from denominations that 'disallowed' it because of their interpretation of the texts.

I cannot explain what the holy ghost is..... but it doesn't mean it is god.x

PS - I gave you a positive click to counter the negative you had... although it was probably deserved, as this is a scientific site, I respect that you stand up for what you believe in.... I thought the same way as you for a lot of my life. Don't lie to yourself.

Edited by DrP

Air between the notes - I to had/have a relationship with this holy ghost thing too... One day, if you have an open enough mind to consider it, you will see that it is a mental state, NOT a spirit of a god come to fill you up. I found that through cristianity... because that was how it was taught to me... but others find this 'nirvana' like state though other means.. I can still access the joy, peace, love, mercy and fulfilment, that you would say only comes from the holy ghost, now. I know many Christians that were never lucky enough to have this... usually because they were from denominations that 'disallowed' it because of their interpretation of the texts.

I cannot explain what the holy ghost is..... but it doesn't mean it is god.x

PS - I gave you a positive click to counter the negative you had... although it was probably deserved, as this is a scientific site, I respect that you stand up for what you believe in.... I thought the same way as you for a lot of my life. Don't lie to yourself.

Well put +1

but others find this 'nirvana' like state though other means..

I'd just like to clarify this point, nirvana/heaven isn't magical or mystical, (I'm not suggesting you think that) it's just a way to exist without anxiety, a base state of being that allows you to just stand, stare and wonder about anything you like (without having to punish yourself for the indulgence), a place where worry and fear is only useful if it helps solve a problem; a place where forgiving oneself (and others) doesn't require a gods permission.

Edited by dimreepr

The Creator of the universe lives within me,

Aren't you quite the special one?

Correct, the eternal spirit that lives forever & is placed within this electrochemical machine we find ourselves in with all of it's senses has a very strong tendency to override most peoples eternal spirit speaking out to them through their conscience & the worst thing we can do to our eternality is sear our conscience. Now if the spirit is awakened by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit? Then is when we really start to see life for what it is around us as the veil between this life (that is but a vapour rising off the water in early morning) & the eternal, starts to be pulled back for us to see beyond these physical senses of ours.

This reminds me of the kind of mindless, meaningless drivel, scripted for perfume adverts.

You find yourself seated in a plane as turbulence starts shaking the thing all over the place. Fear can be the 1st wave over you followed by a determination to not loos it, so you grit your teeth & start to draw in your frazzled nerve endings muttering to yourself about not being seen as a fool while you grip the armrests sorting out what the look on your face is others are seeing, am I flushed or drained? Or, you can just sit back an say "This could be the most amazing trip of my life! Flight 314 to eternity!"...."I have always enjoyed acceleration, I wonder if we are going to get to go into one of those creaming nosedives into the earth? Would that be selfish to ask Father?"

You find yourself seated in a plane as turbulence starts shaking the thing all over the place. Fear can be the 1st wave over you followed by a determination to not loos it, so you grit your teeth & start to draw in your frazzled nerve endings muttering to yourself about not being seen as a fool while you grip the armrests sorting out what the look on your face is others are seeing, am I flushed or drained? Or, you can just sit back an say "This could be the most amazing trip of my life! Flight 314 to eternity!"...."I have always enjoyed acceleration, I wonder if we are going to get to go into one of those creaming nosedives into the earth? Would that be selfish to ask Father?"

You think this supports your point, and I think it supports mine. You fear the wrath of the supernatural, yet are excited at the prospect of crashing in a plane.

When, one day when you see how foolish having an imaginary friend is, it will be important to remember what you said there... Don't let go of the idea of limitless love.x Don't loose all of the positivity you got from Christianity. It will be hard at first because you will feel foolish, lied to and deceived etc... but keep the joy in your heart, keep the faith that mankind will continue to improve in love.

When, one day when you see how foolish having an imaginary friend is, it will be important to remember what you said there... Don't let go of the idea of limitless love.x Don't loose all of the positivity you got from Christianity. It will be hard at first because you will feel foolish, lied to and deceived etc... but keep the joy in your heart, keep the faith that mankind will continue to improve in love.

Amen.

Except if you don't believe, of course. Then you're simply off to hell for all eternity :rolleyes:

Why?

There is plentiful atheists deserving biblical heaven, behaving like saints..

And there is plentiful religious people deserving biblical hell..

Starting from the all imams, priests propagating hate and superiority of their own nation, race, religion or superiority of humankind (and typically careless to devastation of,the planet),

brainwashed terrorists committing suicide in bomb attacks, or other way attacking innocent people.. religious extremists..

Edited by Sensei

I have walked through the challenges of this life as His child indwelt by Him for 30yrs now. I've been blessed by His long suffering of my foolish ways & yet He is there waiting my return via the humbler/wiser I become through the lessons learned. He has taken me to the woodshed & as painful as those coming to my end times are it is a relief to see Someone cares enough to say "Enough! No further shall you continue in this harmful direction." The loves expressed in sharing in conversation or the times things are reviewed to me whether some beauty in Creation or of the science of how it works. Always I am allowed to see the Perfection of His will for my life, maybe not right this minute when in a life event but never beyond 6 or 8 months out. What I "are" is one not worthy of such Love earned by anything i do but Blessed by such Peace anyway.

Yes it does but some just can't fathom a personal relationship with indwelling Supernatural within an environment Created for us, yet it is no different that someone across the table from you with skin on except your dealing with Perfection & not fallenness.

You're talking bollox (sorry), you have absolutely no understanding of the bible; god will never appear to you because he/she/it is a metaphor. A metaphor designed to teach understanding of a bible, but your diatribe just shows you find it difficult to understand a sentence, let alone a concept.

God is The Eternal Spirit Who does want to have the most intimate relationship with us which is indwelling & is the farthest thing from just a metaphor, how could The Creator/Owner/Sustainer of the universe & all in it end up as an ideal? We ideally should be releasing our self wills to God's Gracious Love to shine through us to those around us, this could be seen as an ideal but it is actually a physical fact.