Why you don't believe?

Randolpin

He lives within me, the smile on my face? The love in my heart? The confidence in the simple things that confound the wise? The Peace that goes beyond all understanding coming from within me? The Light others see in me drawing them to me? It's not me but God's light & love drawing. He Communes with me or better yet like the song goes, He walks with me & He talks with me & He tells me how I am His own, & the joy we share as we tarry there, none other, has ever...knownnnn. But actually all know it who truly know Him & yet there is a individuality in the communion that is tailor made for each of us in our uniqueness of character & how that has been Created to tie into His Spirit. :)

Your standard of evidence would also allow countless other things (that are ludicrous) to be true. Like me, you don't believe in the countless many other gods laying dead in the graveyard of human mythology, and you're failing badly to make your case that this one god you happen to believe in is worthy of any different.

I have been asked some questions about my relationship & have answered, if I were to get into the nitty gritty it would be seen as proselytizing & this thread is not labeled as such. You won't be able to commune with Him when you are so shut & focused on your own power as it is a personal relationship with the Creator you are challenging me about & the only space most men have for a personal relationship is with themselves. Why you don't believe or why do you believe, I am sharing of the fullness of life I am experiencing because I am open to His indwelling me not why we should be hand over our lives to the Saviour Jesus Christ. That is two very different things & The Son of God is not welcome to be spoken of here on this site.

Edited by Air Between The Notes

I am sharing of the fullness of life I am experiencing because I am open to His indwelling me

No different than someone feeling they have a connection with Puff the Magic Dragon. Doesn't matter how it makes you feel. Your invisible friend almost certainly isn't real. You're on a science site. Perhaps you should be on a "believe any stupid thing you want" site instead.

I suspect we may be dealing with someone who is trolling. I cannot imagine why someone who truly believes would waste their time telling people about their 'indwelling' on this site.

No debate? No proselytizing? Then why come on this site? Why bother sharing with us about it rather than sharing about it with other believers?

I would never share with a group of Special Forces warriors the warm and fuzzies I derive from painting my toe nails a pretty pink.

And that's the kind of crap that helped turn me off from religion. It puts the onus on me. It's my flaw that I cannot see, rather than the fault of an omniscient being for convincing me. Why did God make me in a way that I can't accept her? Seems kind of cruel and devious.

We can do tests to see that radio waves exist.

God can't be seen because He is not like us. He revealed himself to us 2000 years ago.

With regards to the problem of evil, God let evil to be in this world so that we must seek Him and His glory,His love and mercy.

According to a book I quote: For God to plan a universe in which evil exists is a good thing if that evil will be used by God to bring greater Glory to Himself.

Evil is not a thing but a privation of good- this happen after the fall of mankind from the garden of Eden.

God allows evil to achieve a greater good.

From the same book I quote:

The Greatest example of Man's evil overruled by God's glory is the murder of Jesus which is the most wicked act perpetuated by a human being-deicide,-the killing of a God. Yet, in that same act, we see the salvation of the world,the defeat of Satan, and most importantly, the glory of God's justice displayed for all the cosmos to witness.

Edited by Randolpin

You won't be able to commune with Him when you are so shut & focused on your own power as it is a personal relationship with the Creator you are challenging me about & the only space most men have for a personal relationship is with themselves.

This is why you don't understand the bible, of course gods a metaphor he's an invention of man (A consequence we see in Genesis of being created in God’s man's image.), and given that, means the relationship you're talking about can only be with yourself.

It just means to understand yourself, you must be honest with yourself; in order to forgive yourself.

Edited by dimreepr

For God to plan a universe in which evil exists is a good thing if that evil will be used by God to bring greater Glory to Himself.

What sort of sick god is that? Why does He want more glory for himself? Pathetic

Edited by DrKrettin

God can't be seen because He is not like us. He revealed himself to us 2000 years ago.

So it is claimed. I am skeptical. It allegedly reveled itself to a small group of people ~2000 years ago.

Why did people believe in God before 2000 years ago?

And if God is not like us, why assign it the male gender?

Evil is not a thing but a privation of good- this happen after the fall of mankind from the garden of Eden.

That's baloney, but a topic for discussion elsewhere.

So he is a terrorist, then?

Remember, we are the ones who created evil after we disobeyed Him in the garden of eden. If God eradicate evil, He eradicate us because we are the ones who committed evil. But because of the great love of God on us, instead of eradicating us, He redeem us from our sins through His begotten son, Jesus Christ. That's how great God's love is

What sort of sick god is that? Why does He want more glory for himself? Pathetic

Because He is God. He created everything.He is worthy to be glorified.

We ourselves are created to Glorify Him.

We should focus ourselves for his own glory. Focusing only on ourselves is the heart of idolatry.

Edited by Randolpin

Remember, we are the ones who created evil after we disobeyed Him in the garden of eden.

Disobeyed Him by eating an apple He told us would kill us if we touched it. Technically, He created evil first when he lied to Adam & Eve about the apple. Bearing false witness is one of the worst crimes, or at least in the top ten.

Disobeyed Him by eating an apple He told us would kill us if we touched it. Technically, He created evil first when he lied to Adam & Eve about the apple. Bearing false witness is one of the worst crimes, or at least in the top ten.

God never lied. It is spiritual death. Our spiritual relationship with God was cut.Physical death only follows as what humanity undergoes now.

Bible is the word of God.Thru reading the bible we can uncover the treasuries of knowledge and the truth about Him. Read the bible and you will prove it.

I myself can testify the genuineness of the bible.

It is useful for life guidance into Him that created us. For example, moral laws, proper behaviour, establishing relationship to Him etc. If you read and ponder upon it, it will change your life unto righteousness.

Why is everyone still trying their very best to undermine what others do or do not firmly believe in? You're wasting time and effort.

True, but the belief is irrational, and we try to understand it. Why does somebody believe that the bible is the word of god? It's a cobbled-together collection of mutually contradictory manuscripts from the Middle East. Why believe this and not something else? It seems totally abitrary.

What I really don't understand is why somebody posts it on a science forum. They clearly have no concept of science.

Edited by DrKrettin

Because He is God. He created everything.He is worthy to be glorified.

We ourselves are created to Glorify Him.

We should focus ourselves for his own glory. Focusing only on ourselves is the heart of idolatry.

Sorry, I can't give any respect to a being with that level of arrogance and self-absorption. Sounds a bit like Trump...

Bible is the word of God.

How do you know that? It seems far more likely to be the words of many men, over many thousands of years. (That have then been selected, edited, translated, re-interpreteed, re-selected, re-edited, translated again, and now re-interpreted.

A good game of Chinese whispers, maybe. But the word of a god/goddess? Nah.

Evil is the absence of God & there was no lie about the apple, ....you shall not eat, for in the day you do eat from it you shall surely die.

With regards to the problem of evil, God let evil to be in this world so that we must seek Him and His glory,His love and mercy.

Remember, we are the ones who created evil after we disobeyed Him in the garden of eden.

Ok, so let's take an example: Angola's infant mortality rate is almost 1 in 5. Major killers are malaria and gastroenteritis compounded by starvation.

So we have two competing hypotheses as per above: either God created plasmodium and norovirus to make Angolans suffer and therefore turn to him, or he created them to punish us for the sins of Adam and Eve. Either circumstance is incompatible with omnibenevolence - and we're left with a deity who is not only OK with certain people suffering, but actually wishes it. As a result, I personally, do not have the ability to believe in an omnibenevolent Christian God.

To be clear - it's not a choice. When faced with the claims of the nature of God, and faced with the reality of the world I find them incompatible. It's like unicorns, or the Loch Ness monster. It's not that I choose not to believe in them, it's that if find the evidence uncompelling and am unable to accept their existence as plausible. Additional or different evidence may alter my ability to believe in the future, but currently that is not the case.

Edited by Arete