Trump v Obama (split from Donald Trump)

RiceAWay

Much of his candidacy and subsequent election was based on "alternative facts". We shouldn't expect his administration to be any different.

This country has disappointed you so because of their electing that stupid Trump that you should remember that you're always free to leave. Try moving to Canada. If that doesn't work try moving to Mexico - they really like Americans as long as they can pay.

Judging by debates I've engaged and observed here, I don't think Trump supporters particularly care about truth.

But Obama DOES care about the truth doesn't he? After all, he told us that the economy was up and unemployment was down and the VERY NEXT DAY the reports from his own departments showed exactly the opposite. He told us that the economy was ALL Bush's fault while anyone could go to the Department of the Treasury reports and see for themselves that was a bald-faced lie. On TV he told us all that he worked the hardest of all Presidents to improve race relations - apparently by saying "If I had a son he could have been Trayvon".

Well if there's one thing that we can say - anyone talking about "alternative facts" didn't bother to use Obama as an example.

tar has daughters, iirc. How does an American man look himself in the mirror when his answer to "What should your daughter do if her boss grabs her by the pussy?" is "She should look for another job" or "Her boss is a job creator, so he's more important than a mere worker". This idea that the boss can do what he likes is the bane of modern America, and many workers have ended up doing morally questionable things (*cough* Wells Fargo *cough*) just to keep a job.

And of course we have MigL, who doesn't care either way because he's Canadian, but certainly enjoys it when women are being demonized. There's a well-ground axe in his closet. And now we see him identifying with a Trumpian ideal of vacuous, stupid women who don't have time to vote but find time to march.

Trump is a toxic magnet, bringing out the worst in people who don't see the dangers of his tarnished populism.

So YOU think that Wells Fargo forced their employees to open false accounts by offering bonuses to those who opened the greatest number of accounts? Now there's some real worker thinking.

Edited by RiceAWay

Try moving to Canada. If that doesn't work try moving to Mexico - they really like Americans as long as they can pay.

I'm sure Canada and Mexico are off of their list as possible alternatives to the US. Both countries require identification to vote. How could they possibly move to such evil countries?

This country has disappointed you so because of their electing that stupid Trump that you should remember that you're always free to leave. Try moving to Canada. If that doesn't work try moving to Mexico - they really like Americans as long as they can pay.

I've never been disappointed in America; it is one of the greatest countries in the world to live in particularly for the freedoms it allows and its previously stable governance, which is more in doubt around the world now than ever before (IMO). What I find disappointing are Americans with access to the truth who deliberately espouse uninformed and untruthful views such as those you seem to support.

But Obama DOES care about the truth doesn't he? After all, he told us that the economy was up and unemployment was down and the VERY NEXT DAY the reports from his own departments showed exactly the opposite. He told us that the economy was ALL Trumps fault while anyone could go to the Department of the Treasury reports and see for themselves that was a bald-faced lie. On TV he told us all that he worked the hardest of all Presidents to improve race relations - apparently by saying "If I had a son he could have been Trayvon".

Well if there's one thing that we can say - anyone talking about "alternative facts" didn't bother to use Obama as an example.

The truth about Obama is that he left office with this economy in a condition far superior than when he arrived--and did so without the support of a Republican majority.

Edited by DrmDoc

The truth about Obama is that he left office with this economy in a condition far superior than when he arrived--and did so without the support of a Republican majority.

You're trying to make an ethical point, that we allow the Republicans to dig us into economic trouble and then elect a Democrat to dig us out, but you're trying to make that point to people who probably think it's the height of political savvy to make others clean up your messes. IOW, you're arguing against people who obviously don't care how they win so long as they do, and are very proud of that. The ethics of the situation are lost on them.

I've never been disappointed in America; it is one of the greatest countries in the world to live in particularly for the freedoms it allows and its previously stable governance, which is more in doubt around the world now than ever before (IMO). What I find disappointing are Americans with access to the truth who deliberately espouse uninformed and untruthful views such as those you seem to support.

1. You mean when the media never reported that Obama was thrown OUT of Nigeria? When he visited Greece and his motorcade was firebombed with Molotov Cocktails and Obama was forced to hide in the Embassy until the Greek military could clear the streets so that he could safely travel to the President's location? That he has been insulted and asked to leave half of the nations in this world? That the only reason he has been welcomed anywhere is because he has been giving away American money after he forced the world-wide recession by printing American money as if it were monopoly money?

I have charted the economy Bush through Obama and the ECONOMY is better now that at the time Obama entered office. And that is because the Democrat controlled congress gain control in Bush's last two years. The FIRST year the Democrats were stuck with the proceeding Republican's budget but the second year they spent MORE money than Bush did in his entire first 7 years including 9/11. And then Obama doubled the national debt in his first three years in office while the GDP fell from Bush's lowest of 2.19% the year of 9/11 and an average of 4.34% to Obama's low of -0.92% and a total average of 2.60 of which MOST of that is overblown lies achieved by redefinition of GDP growth.

Obama's rein in total added some 8,000 jobs MORE than the value it was BEFORE he entered office despite the fact that the total population grew by 40 million LEGAL citizens and perhaps 30 million illegals. And virtually EVERY job in the Obama recovery has been minimum wage or below (part time workers.)

If you must invent your own reality do not share it with people that understand the reality of Obama.

I was in Guadalajara last year and got the lowdown on this one. Mexico used to have a horrible problem with election abuse, unlike the US where it's just a made up scare tactic (like the rampant uptick in crime we supposedly had). They had to do something to bring back faith in democracy, and the ID cards did the trick. Also unlike what they've tried to do in the US, the Mexican voter ID is sort of the gold standard of IDs, right under a passport and definitely better than a driver's license.

I know you think it's funny to watch people run into the goalposts when you move them like that. It's one thing to lose an election, but a terrible candidate doesn't win the popular.

But hey, it's just critical reasoning, after all.

Made up scare tactic huh? The aborted recount in Detroit revealed six times more votes in 37% of the precinct than registered voters.

Here in California in the last Obama vote I went to the polls first thing it opened and when I got out there were approximately 100 Hispanics in line. And none of them speaking English. They had to call in translators despite the fact that the ballots were in Spanish and Chinese as well as English. One of the translators later told me that they hadn't the vaguest idea of how to vote and since they were illiterate the only reason they were there was to vote for Obama and NO other part of the election. This last election I and several others let it be known that we intended to stand outside the polls and take pictures of every voter. And guess what - not ONE single one of these people showed up. They didn't need ANY translators including the bilingual pole employees.

In the large cities across the US voter fraud isn't a maybe - it is real and shows the lie that Hillary won a popular vote for the voter fraud it was.

Edited by RiceAWay

1. You mean when the media never reported that Obama was thrown OUT of Nigeria? When he visited Greece and his motorcade was firebombed with Molotov Cocktails and Obama was forced to hide in the Embassy until the Greek military could clear the streets so that he could safely travel to the President's location? That he has been insulted and asked to leave half of the nations in this world? That the only reason he has been welcomed anywhere is because he has been giving away American money after he forced the world-wide recession by printing American money as if it were monopoly money?

I have charted the economy Bush through Obama and the ECONOMY is better now that at the time Obama entered office. And that is because the Democrat controlled congress gain control in Bush's last two years. The FIRST year the Democrats were stuck with the proceeding Republican's budget but the second year they spent MORE money than Bush did in his entire first 7 years including 9/11. And then Obama doubled the national debt in his first three years in office while the GDP fell from Bush's lowest of 2.19% the year of 9/11 and an average of 4.34% to Obama's low of -0.92% and a total average of 2.60 of which MOST of that is overblown lies achieved by redefinition of GDP growth.

Obama's rein in total added some 8,000 jobs MORE than the value it was BEFORE he entered office despite the fact that the total population grew by 40 million LEGAL citizens and perhaps 30 million illegals. And virtually EVERY job in the Obama recovery has been minimum wage or below (part time workers.)

If you must invent your own reality do not share it with people that understand the reality of Obama.

Huh? Thrown out of Nigeria, fire bombed in Greece, insulted by half the world, and forced the world-wide recession by printing money? Our recession began in force under a Republican administration and ended under Obama's leadership. Our economy and standing in the world are better now than they were 8 years ago--these are just some of those facts that you and others are trying to alter to fit your views.

From Ike's farewell address.

Maybe you can help me understand Ike's address...where is his caution of government in support of science? I don't see where he expressed fear of support for science potentially leading to more government or government bias.

Edited by DrmDoc

Huh? Thrown out of Nigeria, fire bombed in Greece, insulted by half the world, and forced the world-wide recession by printing money? Our recession began in force under a Republican administration and ended under Obama's leadership. Our economy and standing in the world are better now than they were 8 years ago--these are just some of those facts that you and others are trying to alter to fit your views.

Maybe you can help me understand Ike's address...where is his caution of government in support of science? I don't see where he expressed fear of support for science potentially leading to more government or government bias.

And as usual the media has your hand. Since they didn't report this it never existed. He originally told the Nigerian government that they had to support abortion on demand and give equal status to the LGBTQ community. That really went over big with a country that kills abortionists and queers on sight

Or is it because you refuse to even read or listen to news that might reflect badly on Obama? http://www.nbcnews.com/slideshow/protestors-riot-athens-against-obama-s-visit-n684711

https://www.aaas.org/news/after-50-years-eisenhower-s-warnings-against-scientific-elite-still-cause-consternation

Nah, he couldn't see people like you who believe that since you have a college degree that anyone that doesn't shouldn't have a say in the running of this country.

Or is it because you refuse to even read or listen to news that might reflect badly on Obama? http://www.nbcnews.com/slideshow/protestors-riot-athens-against-obama-s-visit-n684711

And once again, you're just plain wrong. What you attribute to Obama is clearly referenced in the article you cited but didn't bother to read.

There's a strong anti-American tradition among Greek left-wingers, who still resent U.S. support for Greece's 1967-74 military dictatorship.

Any POTUS would have received the same attention from Greece's ultra-left.

Nah, he couldn't see people like you who believe that since you have a college degree that anyone that doesn't shouldn't have a say in the running of this country.

At least you're consistently wrong. Eisenhower's speech wasn't about people with college degrees (do I detect sour grapes? I thought you had all kinds of credentials?), it was a warning about letting industry use the military to further its agendas.

You're so wrong about so much that I'm starting to think you're getting paid to obfuscate. Nobody is this many kinds of ignorant, or finds so much to troll about.

Or is it because you refuse to even read or listen to news that might reflect badly on Obama?

!

Moderator Note

This needs to stop: you accusatory tone about other peoples' motives and/or intelligence is not acceptable. Attack the argument, not the person.

You also need to do a better job of providing supporting evidence for your dubious claims. (And when you do provide them, make sure they actually support your argument). Soapboxing/preaching is against the rules.

Do not respond to this modnote in the thread.

And as usual the media has your hand. Since they didn't report this it never existed. He originally told the Nigerian government that they had to support abortion on demand and give equal status to the LGBTQ community. That really went over big with a country that kills abortionists and queers on sight

https://www.aaas.org/news/after-50-years-eisenhower-s-warnings-against-scientific-elite-still-cause-consternation

I selected your links, review them, and, as Phi for All commented, you appear to be deliberately "obfuscating" or altering a truth to fit your views. Nothing in your link related to any Nigerian acts against Mr. Obama, those Greek protest regarded American policies years before Obama's administration, and your links provided no evidence of a world-wide recession caused by the Obama administration. Clearly, your links do not support your alternative facts.

Edited by DrmDoc