Inappropriate comments

Not sure where to post this.

This comment by Koti

"Trump's youngest kid during todays inauguration looks like he's mad to be there instead of sitting at home torturing small animals."

is showing up on my home page under recent status updates. The kid is only 12. If Koti has proof of this, he should report it to the authorities. I am very uncomfortable reading this type of comment about a child. Can it be removed?

Edit: I see he has followed up today with

"You might me right that hes not the animal torture type kid. He might be the "shoot everybody in class from an automatic weapon" type. "

Very inappropriate.

Edited by edguy99

Strictly seen, imo, he didn't say anything wrong since he did not formally accuse Barron Trump of having an inappropriate habit of torturing small animals.

The word "like" is very important in this case and means as much as "as if", as in:

Should Barron Trump have the habit of sitting at home torturing small animals, then being at the inauguration of his father interferes with the possibility of him performing his habit, which causes him looking mad.

Which is totally differen from saying that Barron Trump looks mad because he can't be at home torturing small animals.

EDIT: reaction to the edit: oh my. I hadn't seen that yet. Why yes I find that quite inappropriate, too. For different kinds of reasons

Edited by Function

This would have been a perfect use of the Report Post feature. It would have given me a link to the post, as well as an appropriate place to discuss with staff about rules violations, and possibly hiding something a member has written, which we don't take lightly.

Edit to add: It also wouldn't have misspelled his name.

Edited by Phi for All
further comments

This comment by Koji

"Trump's youngest kid during todays inauguration looks like he's mad to be there instead of sitting at home torturing small animals."

is showing up on my home page under recent status updates. The kid is only 12. If Koji has proof of this, he should report it to the authorities. I am very uncomfortable reading this type of comment about a child. Can it be removed?

"You might me right that hes not the animal torture type kid. He might be the "shoot everybody in class from an automatic weapon" type. "

Very inappropriate.

Can you link posts were it has been said?

I don't think there is a mechanism for reporting status updates, is there?

Does the Report This Member button show up for you on a member's profile page, bottom right above the rules link? If so, that's probably best. If not, I'll have to ask the Admins why.

This comment by Koti

is showing up on my home page under recent status updates. The kid is only 12. If Koti has proof of this, he should report it to the authorities. I am very uncomfortable reading this type of comment about a child. Can it be removed?

Very inappropriate.

This is touching. Your valor and grit in defending a poor helpless child against a ruthless attack on him is immaculate. I hope you will cope well with surviving the severe psychological trauma you get from looking at my status update.

In case you didn't get what I wrote above, ask your parent to translate it into plain millennial for you.

And another thing...get ready for 4 years of trauma - Trump and his family are not going to have it easy for sure.

Edited by koti

Does the Report This Member button show up for you on a member's profile page, bottom right above the rules link? If so, that's probably best. If not, I'll have to ask the Admins why.

It does. I have never noticed it before! (I wonder how long before I feel the need to use it ...)

This comment by Koti

is showing up on my home page under recent status updates. The kid is only 12. If Koti has proof of this, he should report it to the authorities.

Has proof of what? That his joke is funny? Or that you have no sense of humour? Or ...

I am very uncomfortable reading this type of comment about a child. Can it be removed?

Very inappropriate.

The phrase "get over yourself" comes to mind.

Come on people, we must acknowledge the fact that certain people have other standards to which they measure certain things.

We must be flexible enough to reckon a difference in perception and the degree to which things can be percepted flawlessly.

To say someone should "get over it" or to say that one has a lack of humour is, imo, quite close-minded and lacks the empathy needed to get insights in the perceptions of others and their coping mechanisms.

I still believe 'commanding' (don't shoot me) someone to "get over it" interferes with his coping mechanisms.

In short: if someone has a problem with someone else saying something, instead of seeing it as a useless exaggeration, try to understand why this person thinks that way and try to find a way or line of thought in which you may find it understandable of thinking that way.

Edited by Function

I'm sure that Trump has lots of other flaws that could be joked about passing on to his son. Such as misogyny, for example. Animal abuse doesn't really seem like a relevant area for lampooning.

You got a point there. I wouldn't go that route tho, making remarks about the kid based on his fathers' sick behaviour would be truly innapropriate and I wouldn't do that. That would be lack of empathy.

You got a point there. I wouldn't go that route tho, making remarks about the kid based on his fathers' sick behaviour would be truly innapropriate and I wouldn't do that. That would be lack of empathy.

So, saying that the kid is a mysoginist based on his father's behaviour is innapropriate, but saying he tortures animals, also based on his father's behaviour is somehow apt? Ok.

Anyway, reading the anti-Trump bias on this forum is completely hilarious.

So, saying that the kid is a mysoginist based on his father's behaviour is innapropriate, but saying he tortures animals, also based on his father's behaviour is somehow apt? Ok.

Anyway, reading the anti-Trump bias on this forum is completely hilarious.

Instead of explaining myself that I never stated that the kid tortures animals based on his fathers' behaviour I will go straight to the point and ask: Where do you get your ignorance from and how can you live with it? Edited by koti