I Need Vacuum Thing for Vacuum Cannon

YucukluSumurta

Hey I'm making vacuum cannon. (If you don't know... Buy PVC pipe, put a pinpong ball to it, close both sides of it with stretch film. Create vacuum. Prick one stretches. And ball goes out!) I am using vacuum cleaner for vacuum. But I have a problem. When I prick stretch ball goes to hole which air goes(vacuuming hole) to. I tried close cleaner before pricking stretch. But air came back to the pipe from vacuuming hole. So, I think something to put between cleaner and pipe. It shouldn't let air come back to the pipe, only pipe to cleaner; no cleaner to pipe. If I have it, I will create vacuum, then I close cleaner, air will not come back. I will shoot cannon. Ball goes! I don't know what is name of but I will get very happy when I learn it. Please reply this post if you know something like this. Thank you very much :)

But air came back to the pipe from vacuuming hole. So, I think something to put between cleaner and pipe. It shouldn't let air come back to the pipe, only pipe to cleaner; no cleaner to pipe. If I have it, I will create vacuum, then I close cleaner, air will not come back. I will shoot cannon. Ball goes! I don't know what is name of but I will get very happy when I learn it. Please reply this post if you know something like this.

Sounds like you need vacuum check valve?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Check_valve

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/vacuum-check-valve

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, you can attach some objects to your vacuum pipe. Objects like valve, net, or etc. Vacuuming is not an easy task. So, you always keep some tips while vacuuming. Some small stuffs are harm your vacuum cleaner.

advertising link removed per rule 2.7

Edited by Phi for All
link removed by moderator

• 1 year later...

I have recently come across a child's toy water piston a syringe about 3ft long x2"wide and perfect for drawing a high vacuum I live in the UK so I don't no if these are available to you, but I have seen them on ebay just look for child's splash  water piston.. Good luck!!!