• Lexx
    • Firefly
    • Battlestar Galactica (Old)
    • Battlestar Galactica (New)
    • Andromeda
    • Stargate: SG1
    • Stargate: Atlantis
    • Other

Bear in mind this poll was originally posted over a year before the new BSG was released... those people who had voted already could not change their vote to BSG when the option was added, no matter how much they wanted to!

BSG is THE DADDY.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear in mind this poll was originally posted over a year before the new BSG was released... those people who had voted already could not change their vote to BSG when the option was added, no matter how much they wanted to!

BSG is THE DADDY.

Aaahh..I see. I was beginning to wonder.

For something new to check out, watch Heroes on NBC Mondays (or find the episodes online). It's a seriously kick-ass show about people with superpowers, and not at all as cheesy as such things usually are. Essentially, it conforms to my general rule: it's characters, not plot, that make a series good.

Mokele

For something new to check out, watch Heroes on NBC Mondays (or find the episodes online). It's a seriously kick-ass show about people with superpowers, and not at all as cheesy as such things usually are. Essentially, it conforms to my general rule: it's characters, not plot, that make a series good.

Mokele

I've been watching it. It's pretty kick ass.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Heroes is already dynamically much better than the 4400 ever was, having all the mystery and character depth of the latter, but also having a more obvious direction, bearing down on you like a ton of nuclear shockwave/temporal anomoly, whereas the 4400 was always just going to be a wooly (woolly?) drip-feed-forever-with-no-payoff-just-like-Lost type affair.

Hence Heroes is much more engaging, immediately, with more payoff-scenes per episode, and so very worth watching if you even slightly liked the 4400, and dream of what it might have been.

Dan

Hello

Put me down as another one of those preferring Red Dwarf to the others.

Why? Something comforting to know a halographic jerk, a slob, a mentally challenged creature desending from a human's cat, and a malfunctioning piece of robotic machinary are what survive to carry on humanity.

And if you watch the show they actually handle sciences ideas like blackhole, time travel, and artificial intelligence better than the more serious shows.

Plus it it's funny dam it Jim!

Mr. D

Heroes is already dynamically much better than the 4400 ever was, having all the mystery and character depth of the latter, but also having a more obvious direction, bearing down on you like a ton of nuclear shockwave/temporal anomoly, whereas the 4400 was always just going to be a wooly (woolly?) drip-feed-forever-with-no-payoff-just-like-Lost type affair.

Hence Heroes is much more engaging, immediately, with more payoff-scenes per episode, and so very worth watching if you even slightly liked the 4400, and dream of what it might have been.

Dan

Lost is amazing. They're deciding how long to make the series, and they're starting to plan the end. Soon they can start closing plot lines, we can finally get some answers.

Shows that sux!

X-files, Andromeda,BSG(original), Earth: Final Conflict.

Shows that don't sux: Everything else!

Having watched some of everything listed in the poll, as well as mentioned in the discussion, I am a SciFi Fanatic! I've been disappointed, disillusioned, dumbfounded, dismayed & disgusted. Equally, I've been pleased, surprised, etc... (Lost my place in the thesaurs.)

I think we should make a new thread for this poll, if I had a new vote I'd go for BSG, likewise heroes and firefly seem to have grown in popularity.

not to mention SG-1 is now the longest running scifi show (neglecting doctor who which ran on again off again for 3 decades)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah, that was a hard one. I had to put Star Trek: Voyager, for several reasons.

One: They aren't perfect. they get in trouble, the make mistakes, and they hurt others, and they always own up to that.Unlike others, they alot of times aren't justified in their actions, and don't try to be.

Two: Seven of Nine.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there something about BSG my wife and I are missing?

Frankly we found the only characters with balls were the women and the "Oh my God. It's an emergency" hand held style cinimatography rather boring.

As a technique it adds excitement to an action scene, but used constantly.....?

Does it improve over the season and we just didn't watch enough of it?

Is there something about BSG my wife and I are missing?

Frankly we found the only characters with balls were the women and the "Oh my God. It's an emergency" hand held style cinimatography rather boring.

As a technique it adds excitement to an action scene, but used constantly.....?

Does it improve over the season and we just didn't watch enough of it?

Which range of eps have you seen? Personally I really like the fact there are no heros - they are all very human, with strengths and flaws that often are one in the same. They've also done a decent job of staying away from clear-cut villians, although the cylons can be pretty villiany at times.

The show has gotten pretty "out there" as of late, I wouldn't recommend jumping straight into season 3 without the previous eps behind you.

I guess the largest reason for its appeal in my case, is that rarely do people do "the right thing" or the "wrong thing" but instead do the best with what they have and who they are, which I find quite critical in any drama that makes you think.