is creativity an enemy of mainstream science and hence so is art?

farolero

nope i posted that picture to show that eisntein was proud as me to be a bit crazy to be a bit of a crackpot

thats another thing science needs a bit of madness, quantum discoveries are a giant leap into this

thats why we should all admire einstein:

he was crazy(creative)

he was a good person

and he was intelligent

had einstein been born 500 years ago and he would be in big trouble, had he been born today and hed get banned from every science forum for too speculative

nope i posted that picture to show that eisntein was proud as me to be a bit crazy to be a bit of a crackpot

Get it right next time. In the original, I think he's seated in a limo. It's even funnier that way, imo.

Your photo, quite frankly, is disrespectful. It takes a moment of levity produced by the great man, and uses it to ridicule him and his passion.

• 1 month later...

Einstein had a huge amount of imagination.

Imagination decides how far your knowledge brings you.

Don't mistake craziness for imagination. Imagination can lead to craziness.

Today I was walking , with a respected engineering colleague , over the downs of SW England . We whiled the time discussing this very point , even as we later retired to a coffee shop to continue the theme . That was : -

Seasoned mechanical engineers and other disciplines , often become so confident in their discipline that :-

They notice almost intuitively when something ' imperceptible ' is not quite ' RIGHT' . No amount of calculations are required for that moment . Something is not quite right . And, adjustment either Large or Small , is enough to put thing harmoniously RIGHT.

His example was one ,of walking onto a foundation site for a structure , he could sense when something was not ' RIGHT ' , with the initial excavation ( even before any diagnostic testing of foundation earthworks )

The same things , I have experienced happen during Painting ( Art ) . Something just does not look RIGHT . A minor adjustment ( say the length of a horses head can make all the difference . A change , and things look RIGHT .

This happened with the painting below

post-33514-0-77811500-1490653591_thumb.jpeg

Which horses head looks just RIGHT ( I 'feel ' or ' sense ' , the 2nd or 6th one , from the left hand side )

Mike

Ps . So I have heard that the individual human brain , supersedes any computer on earth both in style of operation and capacity . In Douglas Adams famous story of Hitch Hikers guide to the Galaxy , the massive computer worked away for years on the question " what is the meaning of life and the Universe and everything ? " at the end of a long long time , came up with the answer " 42" or " 43 " ? ( Can't remember which ? " )

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos