how to psychoanalyse this guy ?

fresh

Anne is introduced by her friend to a guy, Billy, on Friday night, 24th Dec.

Billy says hello to Anne around 9:30 pm the same day through we-chat.

They introduce each other then Billy sends his photo to Anne. Although he is not her

type at all, not a handsome guy, looks older than his age, it is ok to her.

She doesn't send her picture to him. He doesn't mind.

The chatting gets on quite well till 10:45 pm. Anne wants to say goodbye to him, but he insists

it is weekend why not chat more ? Anne agrees and keeps on chatting with him until

11:30 pm. Billy is very talkative and has no intention to stop, so Anne says it is time to go to bed. we could do it next day.

To her surprise, Billy doesn't agree it at all.

He calls her.

Billy: did you brush your teeth ?

Anne: not yet.

Billy : can we chat after you finish it?

Anne: why ? it is too late, i want to sleep. we can chat next day. ok ?

Billy: no, i must continue to talk with you later, today, no tomorrow !(repeat it 2 times)

Anne: i will be sleepless if i sleep too late.can we do it next time ? next day ?

Billy: I'm not Mr. charming, so you wont be sleepless at all. no! i must chat with you later !

no other day! today ! later! today! will you off your phone after you go to bed ?

Anne: of course i will off my phone.(feel being pushed.)

Billy: could you not off your phone tonight ?

Anne: why ?

Billy: i go to bathe soon and catch you later, PL don't off your phone.

Anne: it is almost 11:40 pm now,after you've done, it will be 12 pm..

Billy: i know it will be at least after 12 pm, but i will call you later. we talk tonight,

don't want to postpone it. we must talk tonight !

Anne:(...what the hell....? why does this guy push me so hard ? why he doesn't respect me? ) ........

Billy: can you ?

Anne: ok.(very reluctantly.)

Anne finishes her business 20 minutes later. when she goes to bed, she finds Billy doesn't

call her yet, so she waits for another 10 minutes. still no call from him... she really doesn't

want to chat anymore, and leave a message to him : Have you done? i feel so sleepy.i go to bed.

Next day, two missed calls from Billy at 00:51 am & 00:53 am.

Oh! it is an unbelievably inconvenient time to call a woman at the first time of

their chatting online. why he pushes so hard ? Anne thinks.

Billy doesn't contact Anne on Christmas day except the early morning 2 missed calls

(25th,Dec ), neither does Anne.

Anne by mistake touches the No.of Billy's around 7:30 pm,and finds his phone is off.

At round 10:30 pm(25th,Dec ), Billy sends a message to Anne and says go to bed !

Anne feels odd.

On 30th Dec,Anne get 2 offline messages( two links of some news) from Billy, 02:08 am &

03:55 am respectively.

The time he sends is a surprise to her again !

On 31st Dec,10:33 pm, another offline message from him to say good luck new year.

Anne doesn't answer him. she is afraid he cannot let her go if they chat at this time.

Anne doesn't feel right about this guy. Is her feeling right ?

How to psychoanalyze him ?
Edited by fresh

Well everyone has their flaws and it's up to Anne herself whether she's right or not; we can't tell if she's right about her own feeling (though I'd share her feeling lol)

Sorry, felt like that. But I might read it more detailed later.

Happy New Year!

Edited by Function

Anne is introduced by her friend to a guy, Billy, on Friday night, 24th Dec.
Billy says hello to Anne around 9:30 pm the same day through we-chat.
They introduce each other then Billy sends his photo to Anne. Although he is not her
type at all, not a handsome guy, looks older than his age, it is ok to her.
She doesn't send her picture to him. He doesn't mind.
The chatting gets on quite well till 10:45 pm. Anne wants to say goodbye to him, but he insists
it is weekend why not chat more ? Anne agrees and keeps on chatting with him until
11:30 pm. Billy is very talkative and has no intention to stop, so Anne says it is time to go to bed. we could do it next day.
To her surprise, Billy doesn't agree it at all.
He calls her.
Billy: did you brush your teeth ?
Anne: not yet.
Billy : can we chat after you finish it?
Anne: why ? it is too late, i want to sleep. we can chat next day. ok ?
Billy: no, i must continue to talk with you later, today, no tomorrow !(repeat it 2 times)
Anne: i will be sleepless if i sleep too late.can we do it next time ? next day ?
Billy: I'm not Mr. charming, so you wont be sleepless at all. no! i must chat with you later !
no other day! today ! later! today! will you off your phone after you go to bed ?
Anne: of course i will off my phone.(feel being pushed.)
Billy: could you not off your phone tonight ?
Anne: why ?
Billy: i go to bathe soon and catch you later, PL don't off your phone.
Anne: it is almost 11:40 pm now,after you've done, it will be 12 pm..
Billy: i know it will be at least after 12 pm, but i will call you later. we talk tonight,
don't want to postpone it. we must talk tonight !
Anne:(...what the hell....? why does this guy push me so hard ? why he doesn't respect me? ) ........
Billy: can you ?
Anne: ok.(very reluctantly.)
Anne finishes her business 20 minutes later. when she goes to bed, she finds Billy doesn't
call her yet, so she waits for another 10 minutes. still no call from him... she really doesn't
want to chat anymore, and leave a message to him : Have you done? i feel so sleepy.i go to bed.
Next day, two missed calls from Billy at 00:51 am & 00:53 am.

He's mad for the ride.
Billy doesn't contact Anne on Christmas day except the early morning 2 missed calls
(25th,Dec ), neither does Anne.
Anne by mistake touches the No.of Billy's around 7:30 pm,and finds his phone is off.
At round 10:30 pm(25th,Dec ), Billy sends a message to Anne and says go to bed !
Anne feels odd.

On 31st Dec,10:33 pm, another offline message from him to say good luck new year.​

Ah Christmas and New Years the exuse to talk to somebody.

On 30th Dec,Anne get 2 offline messages( two links of some news) from Billy, 02:08 am &
03:55 am respectively.

Ah alcohol man's liquid courage and excuse to talk to somebody.

Hmmm I think he wants a girlfriend

Come on, a bit more open-minded. If he has (and I don't know if he has, but instinctively I'd say he does) a personality disorder, I find it harsh to say such things.

I'm not being closed-minded. OK - maybe he does have a personality disorder, but this disorder causes him to behave like a jerk. I'm looking at it from the point of view of a girl who is being bullied/manipulated/played with, and this was my first consideration.

I'm not being closed-minded. OK - maybe he does have a personality disorder, but this disorder causes him to behave like a jerk. I'm looking at it from the point of view of a girl who is being bullied/manipulated/played with, and this was my first consideration.

The question arises to which degree we, in those cases, remain responsible for our own behaviour.

Of course, we remain responsible for it ourselves, for a personality and/or psychiatric disorder change us as a person and change our behaviour in extension. We are our brains and therefore we are also the disorders that come with it.

That's one way to see it.

Another way to see it is, especially in acquired personality disorders: can we distinguish ourselves (i.e. before acquisition of the psychiatric disorder) from who we are now, with the disorder, and can we blame the acquired disorder, therefore not our 'original self' for our deeds and behaviour?

This is a truly fascinating topic and could lead to multiple points of view regarding accountability of crimes and unethical deeds. A topic I'd very much like to discuss as we are speaking and for which its discussion I'm really open. Much overlap with medical and public ethics; should someone with a brain tumour who's had anger exacerbations be in jail when he killed someone? Psychiatry? ... ? To which degree are pedophiles themselves responsible for their deeds? Jail or psychiatry? Belgian child offender and molester Marc Dutroux resides in jail now, sentenced to lifelong imprisonment. I wonder the efficacy of his imprisonment and am in dubio whether he wouldn't be better off in psychiatry.

Ergo, is the guy a jerk? Or does the disorder make him act like a jerk? A criminal is more than the deed he committed. He is still a human, possibly even a kind and good one, too. The question persists whether the deed is a conseuence of man himself, or of the conditions in which he resides (including disorders).

Then again, this would lead to a situation in which almost all criminals are referred to psychiatry instead of jail. Which would lead to an impossible situation practically (lack of psychiatrists and places, ...), but also, and not in the least, economically.

Edited by Function

my psychoanalysis is as follows:

1. is he short-tempered ? quite possible.

he is unable to control his emotion; he doesn't have any patience; he dies to do sth he thinks it is time to do.

2. He is manipulative and obsessive. He is weak at relationship skills / issues.

he is self-centered, insensitive, inconsiderate and lacks of social skills.

3. he is lonely at night.

the time he chooses to contact women is always late at night even mid-night. maybe he is also sentimental.

4. he is so excited at midnight, why ?

he longs for inter - communicating with women at midnight, what's the problem of this guy ?

5. he gets up too late and may have sleep disorder.

he doesn't sleep at night. he must sleep during daytime on weekends.

6. others ?

Pl feel free to correct me.

4. he is so excited at midnight, why ?

he longs for inter - communicating with women at midnight, what's the problem of this guy ?

5. he gets up too late and may have sleep disorder.

he doesn't sleep at night. he must sleep during daytime on weekends.

What if he works night shifts?

In that case he fails to empathize with the context of others, and may find it needless to say that people are awake at night, a naturalness.

Edited by Function

• 2 months later...

Not even remotely enough info about Billy go off any accurate psychological diagnosis. Anybody here who does is simply guessing. And any layman's guess they offer on such miniscule input means less than nothing. A mental health professional would never dare offer a DX either on such scanty info.

Billy could be perfectly balanced, but a little pushy. He could be a BPD. He could be a schizophrenic serial killer. He could be simply lonely. Who knows. Not us, not anybody reading your post. If you want to get to know him better, return his calls, if you don't, then don't.

Also, not to nitpick, but psychoanalyze is the wrong term. What you really wanted was a diagnosis. What we call a DX. Psychoanalysis is a very specific method of psychiatric therapy, and it's largely obsolete these days.

Edited by Velocity_Boy