Homosexuality to Heterosexuality

sunandmoon

Can a homosexual, become heterosexual?

I think it's possible.

I assert homosexuality is not genetic, but mental; that homosexuality, is an abstraction of 'human competitive nature'.

Boys will be boys...

"There is a woman, long lost, in every homosexual man's imagination".

'Human competitive nature' spans from small-scale to large-scale; for example, simple games, and then, war...

The abstraction of, this nature, can be abstruse.

The long lost woman of the homosexual man's imagination, is hard to keep track of.

A homosexual man may find comfort in pure-homosexuality (where there is no alternative); he may endure a life, and sexual life, without woman.

Further on 'human competitive nature' and how it links to homosexuality...

Life is largely about love, and humans will compete for love...

Sometimes a lifestyle, is preferred, over choice of partner.

If your desired lifestyle is deemed out of reach, you will opt for an alternative.

Sometimes, we prefer choice of partner.

Competition surrounding lifestyle, and choice of partner, is often harsh; and good competition is scarce, these days...

Restrictions on lifestyle, or choice of partner (law, social systems, etc) have a great effect on a man's mind.

To conclude, it's okay to be gay but, why, if you can have a woman?

Being homo' is no less valid or fulfilling than being hetero' - people are wired the way they are, or some variation of. You need to think and live life some more before you broach subjects like this; your position is too egocentric and shows not a trace of empathy.

I think you you should like raspberry ripple ice-cream the best, otherwise, you are a total moron and have no taste. How anybody could not like raspberry ripple more than anything else needs counselling and close support. I surmise they need aversion therapy to all other flavours until all they dream about and relish is raspberry ripple ice-cream, and only then, can they live a normal life.

Edited by StringJunky

A purely homosexual man, wants male on male sexual intercourse, or a, type of, life, with a male; want, is determined by what's available!

want, is determined by what's available!

"I think you you should like raspberry ripple ice-cream the best, otherwise, you are a total moron and have no taste."

I didn't say, or hint at, anything about this statement, you posted, but, it serves as an example!

You want, 'raspberry ripple ice cream', because it's available, amidst the stuff you don't want. You may want the stuff you don't want, if 'raspberry ripple ice cream', isn't available!

Now, as tired as we may be, let's broaden our horizons to the content of the original post...

You want X lifestyle, and X partner, because it's available, amidst the stuff you don't want. You may want the stuff you don't want, if X lifestyle, and X partner, aren't available, or, and it's a big or, if what you don't want, is improved upon. (sorry).

Edited by sunandmoon

I think it's possible.

May I reverse?

Can a heterosexual, become homosexual?

I assert homosexuality is not genetic,

If homosexuality would be genetic single cell twins would have the same hetero/homosexuality preference.

Sometimes (often?) they have different preferences.

If you would be the real scientist wanting to investigate this,

you should start from finding twins,

and asking them about their preference.

And how they "started". Whether it was experiment, whether it was love, or desire. What age they were etc. etc.

Compare their DNA, checking whether there are differences.

Compare their blood, checking whether there are differences (testosterone?).

Compare activity of their brains, while they are in head magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).

While they're watching the same image, the same video, the same sound, or smell the same stuff.

"There is a woman, long lost, in every homosexual man's imagination".

What with homosexual woman?

A homosexual man may find comfort in pure-homosexuality (where there is no alternative); he may endure a life, and sexual life, without woman.

And so what? That's his choice.

What's purpose of your thread?

Do you want to "heal" them against their will.. ?

Your thread title suggest it "Homosexuality to Heterosexuality"..

There is long time ago performed "Mouse Utopia Experiment" by John Calhoun.

Mouses become (or just revealed?) homosexual preference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun#Mouse_experiments

http://www.physicsoflife.pl/dict/calhoun's_experiment.html

Edited by Sensei

May I reverse?

Can a heterosexual, become homosexual?

If homosexuality would be genetic single cell twins would have the same hetero/homosexuality preference.

And how they "started". Whether it was experiment, whether it was love, or desire. What age they were etc. etc.

Compare activity of their brains, while they are in head magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).

While they're watching the same image, the same video, the same sound, or smell the same stuff.

What with homosexual woman?

What's purpose of your thread?

Your thread title suggest it "Homosexuality to Heterosexuality"..

There is long time ago performed "Mouse Utopia Experiment" by John Calhoun.

Mouses become (or just revealed?) homosexual preference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun#Mouse_experiments

I can't seriously respond, as each word you say is disrespectful to the original post (you haven't considered the original post); you were the first to post disrespectfully (it was never my intention).

What happens when someone disrespects you, and you reply seriously to them, and how do you respond to them?

I scan your writing, avoiding the sharpness or your ego, and pick out these quotes:

No.

Ok... I'm glad you mentioned...

What with homosexual women?

Same logic, but with women.

May I reverse?

Yes, you may.

Go on then, go prove it's genetic, or read the original post properly.

Edited by sunandmoon

I can't seriously respond, as each word you say is disrespectful to the original post (you haven't considered the original post); you were the first to post disrespectfully (it was never my intention).

What happens when someone disrespects you, and you reply seriously to them, and how do you respond to them?

The whole your thread is disrespectful to the all homosexual people!

I am not one of them, but if I would be, I would be offended by your posts.

Go on then, go prove it's genetic, or read the original post properly.

I didn't say it's genetic.

Edited by Sensei

His argument:

A (pure-)homosexual cannot force an erection for a female!

My argument: "I beg to differ".

1. A (pure-)homosexual cannot force an erection for a female!
2. cannot force an erection for a female!
3. A human cannot be attracted to that which it doesn't feel attraction for.

In theory, an erection is, a step ahead. You can't, force, an erection to come naturally, for what you're not attracted to, but carefully, you may, metaphorically, tune it.

Con, thinks, but cannot confirm, that a purely homosexual male cannot become heterosexual.

I disagree...

A purely homosexual man, wants, male on male sexual intercourse, or a, type of, life, with a male; want, is determined by what's available!

Scenario:
What's available is a bunch of males and a bunch of females; and you don't want the females; you want the males.

Want, is a choice, between one or the other - the females are definitely an option.

You're not attracted to females, in the same way as you're not attracted to eating a certain food; either because of nature, or nurture.

I argue, homosexuality is nurture, and refer Con to the original post to contest what I've said instead of inanely voicing an opinion that's relevance to victory of this argument is nil (I almost fell asleep).

Edited by sunandmoon

I believe he is referring to simply freedom of choice. Not everyone likes the same things. Some men or woman simply do not like opposite sex intercourse or prefer to be with the same sex.

Has nothing to do with genetics or availability.

I assert homosexuality is not genetic, but mental; that homosexuality, is an abstraction of 'human competitive nature'.

Anything asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Also "genetic" and " mental" are clearly not mutually exclusive, so your proposition makes no sense.

I think it's possible.

!

Moderator Note

Key word here is assert. You need more than assertions to have a science discussion. I have seen no evidence, no proposals from you for a test that would confirm or refute this claim. No links to existing evidence one way or the other.