Global Warming is Opinion

Patti_the_Scientist

I've read that the end of the last ice age triggered volcanic eruptions because of ice erosion and melting.

"Ice sheets kilometers thick are very heavy heavy enough to depress the Earth beneath them. When ice melts and some of this weight is removed, pressure in the magma chamber decreases. This reduces the compression of the rock keeping the magma contained, thus making it more likely for it to escape in the form of an eruption."

"Previous attempts to model the huge increase in atmospheric CO2 at the end of the last ice age failed to account for the role of erosion, meaning that CO2 levels may have been seriously underestimated."

"Glaciers are considered to be the most erosive force on Earth, and as they melt, the ground beneath is eroded by as much as ten centimetres per year, further decreasing the pressure on the volcano and increasing the likelihood of an eruption. A decrease in pressure enhances the production of magma at depth, since rocks held at lower pressure tend to melt at lower temperatures."

http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/increase-in-volcanic-eruptions-at-the-end-of-the-ice-age-caused-by-melting-ice-caps-and-glacial

It seems that everything that is caused by global worming, increases the rate of the warming.

I suppose the ice on Greenland and especially Antarctica is still inhibiting volcanic eruptions.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our usage of microwave ovens, refrigerators are major cause of this Global warming .

Before I report you as a spammer, I will just point out that this is bollocks.

p.s. I know it makes more work for the mods when we reply to spammers, but someone had already replied to another post of his so ... But sorry if I have added to your burden!

Edited by Strange

Climate change:more globalist spin, costing UK over 300billion by 2030. It seems @certain scientists love to fudge the figures,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4216180/How-trust-global-warming-scientists-asks-David-Rose.html

Do you have any credible sources discussing actual science that you can cite?

A source that cites the Daily Mail is neither a credible nor independent source of scientific information. So I will ask again: Do you have any credible sources discussing actual science that you can cite?

Thank god for Trump.

Imo, you've always been like the guy who stalks a sports figure but knows nothing about sports. You're a science stalker, with lots of hateful to go around. The sources you base your arguments on are pretty ridiculous, and show the kinds of contortions you have to do to justify your anti-science positions.

Imo, you've always been like the guy who stalks a sports figure but knows nothing about sports. You're a science stalker, with lots of hateful to go around. The sources you base your arguments on are pretty ridiculous, and show the kinds of contortions you have to do to justify your anti-science positions.

No, People like you are the problem, anything or anyone, you do not agree with is either hateful or racist, these are tired liberal left arguments,

The whistleblower is a man called Dr John Bates, who until last year was one of two NOAA ‘principal scientists’ working on climate issues.also the data is now under investigation IN CONGRESS,

You are a bigot,

Climate change:more globalist spin, costing UK over 300billion by 2030. It seems @certain scientists love to fudge the figures,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4216180/How-trust-global-warming-scientists-asks-David-Rose.html

Thank god for Trump.

LOL; when money is more important than survival; Trump is god.

No, People like you are the problem, anything or anyone, you do not agree with is either hateful or racist, these are tired liberal left arguments,

The whistleblower is a man called Dr John Bates, who until last year was one of two NOAA ‘principal scientists’ working on climate issues.also the data is now under investigation IN CONGRESS,

You are a bigot,

Why are you so afraid?

You are a bigot,

Still no argument of substance, I see.

Why are you so afraid?

For to long the science community has been run science like a cult,

you are attacked if you dare question what they tell you, but that time is coming to an end, the old liberal guard are on their way out, new blood is coming into science,

science will not be held back by the few, who twist the truth and only care about their funding.

http://www.nature.com/news/science-lies-and-video-taped-experiments-1.21432

The revolution is upon us, long live true science.

you are attacked if you dare question what they tell you, but that time is coming to an end, the old liberal guard are on their way out, new blood is coming into science,

Still no science to discuss.

NOAA Head Refuses to Turn Over Documents That May ShowManipulated Climate Data

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/noaa-head-refuses-turn-over-documents-may-show-manipulated-climate-data

Perhaps there would be science to discuss, if NOAA turn over the documents.

We all want a better world; but it won't be through ignorance.

NO, It will be through truth & transparency.

*too

you are attacked if you dare question what they tell you

Except, no. That's false. You are greatly rewarded, often given medals and amazing acclaim... when you show that something was wrong and demonstrate it with fact and evidence.

You don't seem to understand science very well. You're attacking strawmen. Do you even science, bro?

<snip>

science will not be held back by the few, who twist the truth and only care about their funding.

I always found the "climatologists are lying about global warming" to be one of the funniest arguments by climate change deniers. Like NSF grants on climate are a path to BIG MONEY!. The energy companies that are trying to spread the lies against climate change pay a lot more. There is much more money to be made denying climate change that continuing to study it.

Thank god for Trump.

sunshaker,

I'm curious as to what you actually believe about climate change. Not the Daily Mail, you.

I've never understood why people who don't believe in climate change have such a hard time accepting it. To me, even without the detailed science and models, it seems obvious. Humans are taking stored carbon (oil, coal, gas) that collected for millions of years, and are converting it to carbon dioxide over a period of about a hundred years. It would be surprising if such a massive process didn't have a measurable impact on our climate.

What part of climate change don't you believe? Do you disbelieve the measurements humans have made of CO2 concentrations? Do you disbelieve that CO2 is a greenhouse gas? Do you disbelieve the chemistry of combustion?

I don't think you're obligated to answer my questions, but I am genuinely curious and hope you do.

Edited by Nature Geek

NOAA Head Refuses to Turn Over Documents That May ShowManipulated Climate Data

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/noaa-head-refuses-turn-over-documents-may-show-manipulated-climate-data

Perhaps there would be science to discuss, if NOAA turn over the documents.

NO, It will be through truth & transparency.

"the data used by her team has been public since last year"

Still no discussion of any actual science. Just more slinging of mud.