Global Warming is Opinion

Patti_the_Scientist

1 hour ago, Essay said:

figure-spm-1.jpeg

~

Are you aware--I'm not asking with sincerity--that your post has no link to the source of your graphs? Perhaps, it was taken from Wiki-pee-D-uh. Perhaps, not. Please provide the link, a link, any link, after which I will address the input from your Memory Division. Thanks.

Am I the only one who's wondering whether "Patti_the_Scientist" has an opinion?

Edited by scherado

If you will 'right click' on the picture, you can copy the image address:

www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/ar4/wg1/en/fig/figure-spm-1.jpeg

So, it appears to be from the IPCC's AR4 report, in Switzerland.

23 minutes ago, scherado said:

Are you aware--I'm not asking with sincerity--that your post has no link to the source of your graphs? Perhaps, it was taken from Wiki-pee-D-uh. Perhaps, not. Please provide the link, a link, any link, after which I will address the input from your Memory Division. Thanks.

Are you aware - I'm not asking with sincerity -  that sources of graphic objects are often embedded in the object? Perhaps if you had used the link to wikipedia and the associated references that I provided earlier you would not have needed to embarrass yourself with such a neophyte request.

4 minutes ago, Essay said:

Does this reply mean that you won't provide a link?

Let me make one thing clear. If you are going to convince me to discuss actual, factual data on the subject, then I won't be responding to "it appears to be from". Do you follow?

12 minutes ago, Essay said:

17 minutes ago, scherado said:

Let me make one thing clear. If you are going to convince me to discuss actual, factual data on the subject, then I won't be responding to "it appears to be from". Do you follow?

Do you mean you want the original source of the data, which the IPCC then vetted and collected for presentation; or do you mean you don't trust the embedded address of the image?

Yes, this is what I mean and it appears that you follow.

2 minutes ago, Essay said:

Do you mean you want the original source of the data, which the IPCC then vetted and collected for presentation

Edited by scherado

39 minutes ago, scherado said:

Yes, this is what I mean and it appears that you follow.

I included the picture to show that hockeysticks also abound throughout global change research, but only as a way of suggesting that Mann's hockeystick shouldn't be surprising.

If you want to pursue those graphs, we could start a new topic. Otherwise, we could move on to the point about Mann's famous graph, and how it is still a valid graph.

The original hockeystick has been superseded by other more extensive and accurate studies, I'm fairly sure; and they show the same results, don't they?  Maybe I've missed some new research or conclusions, so please (anybody) post new information that will correct my general understanding of the situation.

18 minutes ago, Essay said:

The original hockeystick has been superseded by other more extensive and accurate studies, I'm fairly sure; and they show the same results, don't they?  Maybe I've missed some new research or conclusions, so please (anybody) post new information that will correct my general understanding of the situation.

I believe you have accurately described the current situation. If someone has clear, contrary information they should feel free to post it.

11 hours ago, scherado said:

It is not an exhaustive rebuttal. What it is, is a damned good  rebuttal, The court case between Mann and Steyn is most illustrative (9.8 on Euphemism Meter.)

It's a non-rebuttal. What does a defamation suit have to do with the facts of global warming?

1 minute ago, scherado said:

I can't help but wonder how Mann would answer that question.

I can't help but wonder why you cannot cease playing the fool and give direct answers. Is it because you realise you are trying to walk on quicksand.

16 minutes ago, Area54 said:

I can't help but wonder why you cannot cease playing the fool and give direct answers.

I was wondering the same of our most recent denier, especially since they promised to answer after a little research.

The first question scarcely rose to the level of Chemistry 101 and the second is answered by grade school children on the spot.

They were:

What part carbon dioxide mixing with seawater creating carbonic acid do you not understand?

Are you suggesting only background CO2 causes this and man-made CO2 is inert and as such has no effect on ocean acidification?

6 minutes ago, swansont said:

I can't help but wonder if you will answer the question.

Seems our troll woke up on the wrong side the bridge this morning ;)

Edited by rangerx