coagulation activity in water treatment

"Particles can aggregate and settle out of solution through four basic mechanisms: double layer compression, sweep flocculation, adsorption and charge neutralization, and adsorption and interparticle bridging (34, 35)."

I can't understand these mechanisms, would someone explain them, please?

There appear to be abundant items relating to these mechanisms revealed by a google search. Is that not working for you?

My original language isn't English and google search explains them in a complex way for me, so i need someone make them simple and easy to understand.

That is problematic. Is your query directly related to water purification, or to these processes in general? My exposure to them relates to their role in drilling fluids.I'm not sure my input would be of much help.

Edit: Excuse me. You clearly stated in the title that this was for water treatment. Sorry for missing that.

Edited by Ophiolite

That is problematic. Is your query directly related to water purification, or to these processes in general? My exposure to them relates to their role in drilling fluids.I'm not sure my input would be of much help.

Edit: Excuse me. You clearly stated in the title that this was for water treatment. Sorry for missing that.

My queries are related to those employed in water purification not in general.

Edited by Haya