Getting sick of the ugliness in your daily surroundings

XingHa

"you are doing a great job at explaining"

- if you dont get a hint from this then this is not for you: "if it isnt ugly its shallow", "devil in shining armor", "mob mentality and crab mentality", "lies and deception", (theres quiet some few more but this is it for now). try to make a juice shake out from the words i just given and drink it and you'll see

edit: added: "lies and deception"; removed: single-minded (as there are different meaning for this depending on the situation)

Edited by XingHa

"you are doing a great job at explaining"

- if you dont get a hint from this then this is not for you: "if it isnt ugly its shallow", "devil in shining armor", "mob mentality and crab mentality", "single-minded", (theres quiet some few more but this is it for now). try to make a juice shake out from the words i just given and drink it and you'll see

Not a good start Xingha, he's asking for clarity.

Now now, let's give him a chance.

Xing, would you please enlighten us by telling us more concretely what it is you find so ugly in your daily surroundings? I mean sure we could all suggest some things, but this is a domain in which I prefer to stay as objective as possible without having to interpret something that is not said.

the brain quality in my surroundings vastly differ in which you, guys, live. too many 20+ whose maturity age is 4-7 yrs under their biological age. more than half of them can't even recognize/utilize what is logical thinking. heavily superstitious. so far i just mentioned the shallowness, we're not yet in the ugliness. i guess you get it now.

Edited by XingHa

Is there anything evidence-based you can give us supporting your statement? I mean sure it is okay for you to feel that way, but once again: "i guess you get it now" doesn't work that way with me. I hate suggesting things without them having any basis, so I principally don't guess things.

I understand you feel as if you're surrounded by people you consider less intellectual than you probably are, or than the way you perceive yourself. But you posted the thread in the Medical Science section, and not in the Lounge. Is there thus something you'd like us to help you with, or is there something you'd like to discuss more evidence-based? Feel free to deliver some materials supporting your visions.

I'd also think that you'd help us understand your problem if you could give us some concrete examples that support your vision; examples that could indeed help us understand that you feel as if you're surrounded by people older than 20 years old acting as if they were 4-7 years younger; examples that could help us understand that you feel as if they can't think in a rather logical way. Think you can give us some examples?

Next question you should ask yourself: are those examples and the results you see in these examples, formed by your mind, and the conclusions drawn, representative for the whole population you live in? Why (not)?

Edited by Function

"But you posted the thread in the Medical Science section"

- wtf?! all i thought this is just a simple psychology forum section... now that you mention, no wonder some people getting confused of wat i am talking about.

PS: To Moderator, can you please move this thread to psychology not undering Medical Science.

Actually, i always trying to find at least someone to talk to about theory or making deduction about something, discussing scientific stuff, but i could hardly find any. They have little to none ounce of curiosity unless it is about opposite sex, food establishment, vacation place, celebrity. Sure its fine to talk about them but i hope they arent just limited to those stuffs.

"as if you're surrounded by people older than 20 years old acting as if they were 4-7 years younger"

- most of them dont have a solid understanding of love (i shoot them some question). they even misunderstood "simple attraction" (simply because your sex hormone is knocking the door of ur brain) as love. unreasonably whiny. easy prey females to predator males. bonds (friendship) easily broken. they dont even have a solid insight about believing/trust. only few of them thinks deeply about future. believing easily to rumors/gossip. very self-centered. the list is endless

"could help us understand that you feel as if they can't think in a rather logical way"

- i shoot them 2 contradicting statement: (1) in the story "7 days creation of god", earth and human beings are just not more than 7 days old to each other based on the story timeline; (2) in science, earth 4.6 billion yrs ago - homo erectus 1-2 miliion yrs ago = surely not just 7 days. Using carbon dating, you can see as clear as blue sky the tremendous difference in age between the earth and the oldest human bone we have. So, the point is, one among the two stories is a lie, and they cant even discern it

its kinda disappointing, whether they come from a medium family or not (wealth), some of them are lousy creatures (poor morality): the pantry says cleago but they just leave the table untidy as if they have maid or janitor to clean for them, comfort room being dirty some time (cr not flushed when there is a well functioning flush), a gadget leaved on purpose will still be there when theres a CCTV but when theres none, its just a matter of second and boom its gone (talking about fake humans), treating other people as if they were just objects for fun or for their satisfaction

Edited by XingHa

"But you posted the thread in the Medical Science section"

- wtf?! all i thought this is just a simple psychology forum section... now that you mention, no wonder some people getting confused of wat i am talking about.

PS: To Moderator, can you please move this thread to psychology not undering Medical Science.

Please don't wtf here. But indeed, you posted the thread under the Psychiatry and Psychology section. Now, according to you, what are those two? Are they not medical sciences?

"could help us understand that you feel as if they can't think in a rather logical way"

- i shoot them 2 contradicting statement: (1) in the story "7 days creation of god", earth and human beings are just not more than 7 days old to each other based on the story timeline; (2) in science, earth 4.6 billion yrs ago - homo erectus 1-2 miliion yrs ago = surely not just 7 days. Using carbon dating, you can see as clear as blue sky the tremendous difference in age between the earth and the oldest human bone we have. So, the point is, one among the two stories is a lie, and they cant even discern it

But that's what I refer to as "biblical nonsense", as it is also considered here on these fora. The idea is that the Bible and religion gives a sturdy basis and hope to lots of people; billions. We are not to judge people based on their beliefs and religion, neither are we supposed to interpret the Bible as literally as can be: that would be plainly wrong. Most people, yes, including religious people, do understand this.

We are not to judge people based on their beliefs and religion, neither are we supposed to interpret the Bible as literally as can be: that would be plainly wrong.

Who is to tell me the criteria on which to judge people? On which principle are these prohibitions based?

Who is to tell me the criteria on which to judge people? On which principle are these prohibitions based?

I mean, sure, you do have the right to judge people. In your head. Without letting that influence the way you treat them, for they share the same right as you have (from the European Convention on Human Rights):

Article 9: Freedom of thought, conscience and religion

1. Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief, in worship, teaching, practice and observance.

2. Freedom to manifest one’s religion or beliefs shall be subject only to such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society in the interests of public safety, for the protection of public order, health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.

Article 14: Prohibition of discrimination

The enjoyment of the rights and freedoms set forth in this Convention shall be secured without discrimination on any ground such as sex, race, colour, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, association with a national minority, property, birth or other status.

Edited by Function

I mean, sure, you do have the right to judge people. In your head. Without letting that influence the way you treat them, for they share the same right as you have (from the European Convention on Human Rights):

If everyone has the right to freedom of thought, what do you think of a sect of about 30,000 individuals in London alone who do not allow their children to visit a museum in case they learn about evolution? What about the freedom of thought for these children?

In other words, what do you think of people who have religious beliefs but who themselves do not believe in freedom of thought?

If everyone has the right to freedom of thought, what do you think of a sect of about 30,000 individuals in London alone who do not allow their children to visit a museum in case they learn about evolution? What about the freedom of thought for these children?

In other words, what do you think of people who have religious beliefs but who themselves do not believe in freedom of thought?

I acknowledge the infringement of the human rights in that case. But since I don't have any kind of control over them, over their thoughts, nor over their actions whatsoever, I cannot say anything else than that I pity them.

Let's hop back on-topic now.

Edited by Function

I acknowledge the infringement of the human rights in that case. But since I don't have any kind of control over them, over their thoughts, nor over their actions whatsoever, I cannot say anything else than that I pity them.

Let's hop back on-topic now.

But it's part of the ugliness of daily surroundings. I find mental restriction from religious beliefs extremely ugly. From what I can make out, the OP is bemoaning the limited nature of the people he knows, not the attractiveness of the walls of buildings.

But it's part of the ugliness of daily surroundings. I find mental restriction from religious beliefs extremely ugly. From what I can make out, the OP is bemoaning the limited nature of the people he knows, not the attractiveness of the walls of buildings.

I'm afraid I found it rather condescending

I'm afraid I found it rather condescending

It sounded to me more like intense frustration rather than condescension. He doesn't explain what his environment is, but it sounds like a group of students who are not interacting as he would like.

@Function

"We are not to judge people based on their beliefs and religion,"

- i just gauged their logical thinking but i never said they are wrong or wat their beleiving is false. people who lacks logical/rational thinking are hard to talk to and i don't plan on arguing with them. do u think i do not understand?

"1. Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief, in worship, teaching, practice and observance."

- have you even encounter religious people who ridicule science but when someone trying to question the facts claim of their religion, you always hear "respect"? we are always the one who needs to be understanding (i just breathe my sigh into this world)

@DrKrettin

"If everyone has the right to freedom of thought, what do you think of a sect of about 30,000 individuals in London alone who do not allow their children to visit a museum in case they learn about evolution? What about the freedom of thought for these children?"

- very well said! they are always yearning for freedom and respect but look at them. talking about hypocrite. really makes me sick

@Function

"I acknowledge the infringement of the human rights in that case. But since I don't have any kind of control over them, over their thoughts, nor over their actions whatsoever, I cannot say anything else than that I pity them."

- you need to learn when to concede

"I find mental restriction from religious beliefs extremely ugly."

- why do u mean by mental restriction? no one had influenced me to become a freethinker (or atheist or realist or watever the term for those who dont believe in superstitions). i just see bible as like a fable book who teaches moral lesson but their claim of facts is something i cant agree with them. lol i do not know wats this mental restriction u r talking about? just because we dont acknowledge it as true?

@DrKrettin

"intense frustration rather than condescension"

- looks like you lost in the forest

"as he would like"

- your knutz. so you arent totally feeling displeased when smelling and staring feces while eating ur food. good

@Everyone

transitioning into eccentric

@Function

"We are not to judge people based on their beliefs and religion,"
- i just gauged their logical thinking but i never said they are wrong or wat their beleiving is false. people who lacks logical/rational thinking are hard to talk to and i don't plan on arguing with them. do u think i do not understand?

Truth be told, sometimes I envy highly religious people, for my views on what life and the end is are rather depressing compared to religious solutions. Let me react to some things you said: I just found it not right to say that people who lack possibilities of logical thinking are, or would act, 4-7 years younger than their biological age, or ugly, or unreasonably whiny; or that most of them do not have a solid understanding of love. Don't they? Do you? What love is, is most personal, and we are the last ones to judge others their perception on what love is.

"Only few of them thinks [sic, recte think] deeply about future. believing easily to rumors/gossip. very self-centered."

Than that's their 'problem'. I have strong beliefs that this thread be better off in the lounge.

"1. Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief, in worship, teaching, practice and observance."

- have you even encounter religious people who ridicule science but when someone trying to question the facts claim of their religion, you always hear "respect"? we are always the one who needs to be understanding (i just breathe my sigh into this world)

The Lounge is ideal for breathing sighs into the world.

@Function
"I acknowledge the infringement of the human rights in that case. But since I don't have any kind of control over them, over their thoughts, nor over their actions whatsoever, I cannot say anything else than that I pity them."
- you need to learn when to concede

Argue, please.

"I find mental restriction from religious beliefs extremely ugly."

- why do u mean by mental restriction? no one had influenced me to become a freethinker (or atheist or realist or watever the term for those who dont believe in superstitions). i just see bible as like a fable book who teaches moral lesson but their claim of facts is something i cant agree with them. lol i do not know wats this mental restriction u r talking about? just because we dont acknowledge it as true?

Since you put this under a message directed towards me, a counter-reaction rather pro forma: I never said this. DrKrettin did.

Edited by Function

• 9 months later...