Resarch work

slochemist

Hi to everyone.

In the beginning I want to apologise for my bad English, if there will be any mistakes.

So I'm a student of chemistry highscool in Slovenia, student of third year and I want to make a research work. It can be based on both types of chemistry (inorganic and organic), but the only bad thing is that I don't know what I would do.

So I decided to ask on this forum, if you guys have any idea what I should do.

I was already thinking about caffeine extraction from green, black, yellow and black tea, but it has already been done so I can't do it again. My second thought was that I would analyse the quality of bottled water: the one in plastic and in glass bottle, but it would be a very expensive analyse because we don't have the right equipment in school so I would need to take it to the national institute of public health care and pay for it.

So if you have any suggestion I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks for your time.

Hi slochemist,

welcome to the forum. I am so distant from highschool chemistry no good idea occurs to me. However, what about a variation of the tea experiment. Could you measure the amount of sugar in various soft drinks? Or the amount of caffeine, since several of then contain that also?

The main reason I replied was to compliment you on your English. It is very good. There are some minor changes of style that wold make it flow more freely, but it is clear and easy to understand.

Good luck with the research.