The real reason Americans vote republican party?

nec209

I remember reading news articles other day, saying the real reason why half Americans keep voting in the republican party every election!! The real reason why half Americans are very divided!! And always been like that for very long time. The country has no majority or unity but very divided country.

Going on to say the giant flaw in the left-progressive construct, and their refusal to even begin grappling with it is what keeps the left chasing its tail over the great Kansas mystery and never getting any closer to answering their question!!! Why do so many hard working and middle-class even poor white males vote against what is obviously their own best interests?

I can tell you why. They do so out of spite.

If you’re miserable you don’t want to be told what’s best for you by someone who’s correct–it’s sort of like being occupied by a foreign army with good intentions.

Spite voting is mostly a white male phenomenon, which is why a majority of white males vote Republican. It comes from a toxic mix of thwarted expectations, shame, and you better than me mentality.

Of like how dare some one from Los Angeles or New York tell use what to do and how things should be run here especially if you from the south.

If the left wants to understand American voters it needs to understand psychology and sociology not economics and politics and doing election keep economics and politics out and talk in terms of psychology and sociology.

And going on to say talk in terms that people from non big cities by coat can understand and relate to. In simple way we not from Los Angeles or New York why should we care what is going on in Los Angeles or New York and why tell us what to do here.

It interesting because main stream media will never and I say again never talked about this at all or how someone running for politics should talk to people there. It will change democracy and the electoral college.

@ Nec209, I don't fully agree. Obviously there is spite. I don't think that is the foundation though. I think it truly comes down to identity/race. Many conservatives feel that this country is or was founded to be a white Evangelical nation. They feel that it is their place (white Evangelical males) to run. Sort of the same way many men consider themselves the head of the household. Many men who believe it is their role to lead their households don't view it as sexist but merely a reality of life. Similarly conservative don't consider it racist to assume this is their (white Evangelical) country just a s a man considers the home he and his wife share to be his. The attitude is that Blacks, Latinos, Asians, Muslims, Hindus, Buudists, and etc are welcome to visit and hang out but at the end of the day the house belongs to Evangelical whites. For better our worse it is theirs to lead. Which is one of the reasons why they don't care who wins the popualr vote, polls, which voters are supressed, and etc. It doesn't matter because they're the "real Americans" and their thoughts, feelings, and etc carry more weight, period.

If the left wants to understand American voters it needs to understand psychology and sociology not economics and politics and doing election keep economics and politics out and talk in terms of psychology and sociology.

Understanding 'it' is one thing; doing something about 'it' is quite a different kettle of fish. To whit:

Discussions on Political Conservatism as Motivated Social Cognition. (Split requested by Phi for All)

Here are the facts. A meta-analysis culled from 88 samples in 12 countries, and with an N of 22,818, revealed that several psychological variables predicted political conservatism. Which variables exactly? In order of predictive power: Death anxiety, system instability, dogmatism/intolerance of ambiguity, closed-mindedness, low tolerance of uncertainty, high needs for order, structure, and closure, low integrative complexity, fear of threat and loss, and low self-esteem. The researchers conclude, a little chillingly, that the core ideology of conservatism stresses resistance to change and a justification of inequality.