24 hour human tracker

fredreload

As scary as my title sounds, my idea is to create a tag for a person, by having this tag you can quickly identify who this person is and where he is going. In other words you get the identify information of the person, what the person wants to display, and his location. By having this tag, in a work environment, you can quickly track where everyone is at any given time, or you can identify a stranger having this tag that makes the person more approachable. You can also avoid this person if he is some troubled ex. Well the problem for this would involve privacy, but again this tag is placed voluntarily by the user. It could have some sort of social or work benefits, when your boss or your friend needs to find you, or you need to find your friend or your boss. Tell me what you think

Edited by fredreload

There has been a very similar device in the market for several years.

----> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankle_monitor

----> https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/ankle-wrist-gps-tracker-for-prisoner-offender.html

Right, I just found out you can do it on icloud to track your family members. Well, but I haven't thought of any use with this application. The problem is you need to manually add new family members to the application. If I can get the GPS location for other people then it would be a lot more fun, for instance, monitor the human traffic around my neighbor, find out what other people are doing. I'm sure the government has got one of this thing working.

I have been wondering how to track lizards in our garden, because their movements and habits are rather a mystery. I would welcome information on tracking devices, but they would have to be cheap and weigh less than, say, 1 gram, so I think I'm on a loser here. I haven't even begun to solve the problem of how to catch them and fix the device anywhere safe.

Cocktail sticks with little flags/labels on them... just stick them in the lizards and presto, you have a visual indication of which lizard is which. In long grass you will see the little flag waving around above the lawn (as long as you keep the lawn down under a couple of inches. I'm sure there would be a more technological way, but it will be expensive and require the use of electronics. Cocktail sticks and stationary labels. ;-)

I'm more into GPS and consumer location. If I have to track the users based on their cell phone number is it possible? I want to visualize something like Google Map with locations of all the cell phone users on it and updated on real time. I think this would be very good information on a business and economic point of view.

P.S. If it is not possible to track the users, then maybe have the data on an anonymous level, is there an application like this?

Edited by fredreload

GPS location of a small embedded chip would probably do and sounds pretty simple.... my cocktail stick suggestion obviously wasn't really that serious and was aimed at DrK for his lizard tracking problem - I don't know why but the image of DrK stabbing little flags into the backs of lizards and then imagining him with a clip board, white coat and a pen, noting down the lizard locations just made me giggle.

GPS location of a small embedded chip would probably do and sounds pretty simple.... my cocktail stick suggestion obviously wasn't really that serious and was aimed at DrK for his lizard tracking problem - I don't know why but the image of DrK stabbing little flags into the backs of lizards and then imagining him with a clip board, white coat and a pen, noting down the lizard locations just made me giggle.

That's cool, I know from discovery channel that people's been tracking wild life like turtles and moose with GPS chip and camera. Well I'm sure tracking lizard would be fun <_<

Edited by fredreload

Yes - sounds like fun. But there is no information about how these creatures behave, and they are fascinating. They live in dry stone walls and are continually hiding in crevices, so any device such as a cocktail stick would not last long. They seem to have a kind of territory, at least the large males do, and I would like to monitor (pun alert) lizard territory behaviour. Their social behaviour is a mystery, and I suspect the males have a kind of hareem. There is one group which lives in a hole in our house wall, and consists of a large male and female and what are perhaps several offspring of various sizes, or perhaps they are girlfriends. Their favourite food is scrambled egg, but they are also keen on bacon, coldslaw and cheese. They are quite prepared to walk onto my hand to get this.

... If I have to track the users based on their cell phone number is it possible? ...

A guy from Spain developed "WIMP" (Where is my phone?) years ago and think sold the software. His site showed on maps the path of the phone for a chosen past time.

Edited - found ----> http://www.luisespinosa.com/trackme_eng.html

Edited by Externet

GPS data is sent to Google (if you are using android) as a means for them to gauge traffic. So basically everyone carrying a phone is carrying a tracker. Of course you could create an app and have other users see you. The question is whether you want that. I think in Canada there was recently an issue that people accessing free WIFI got tracked via their GPS. Likewise, there are number of services that get and use your location information, It would only be a matter of creating an app for that application (unless something like that exists already), It may depend on the job but for the most part I prefer people not to know where I am. That way they will make appointments instead of randomly interrupt your work.

Ha! Sounds cool - in a few years time when the tech has shrank to the size of a pin head you could strap a go-pro to one of them - lol.

Somebody already has researched the behaviour of bees by having tiny trackers on their heads, so the technology is there. But my budget isn't.