Was the first man a baby or an adult?

Guest Veronic

Guest Veronic

Hello,

Sorry to bother you but this question was asked to me by my 5 year old and I could not find an answer.

His question was:" If God created man did he create a baby or a grown-up?If it was a baby, how did he survive? (on his own) and who created God?"

Not being religious I said that God was the easy explanation to creation.

We read that new species (animal, fish, insect) appear all the time but is the first of all a newborn (and if so how do they survive?) or an adult?

Many thanks

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... Very "Chicken or Egg".

apparently God created Man as a Man (adult) and Woman (adult) they had all the genetic material for all other races, and so their Children (Evolved), I think Kosh was the Black man recorded in the bible for instance.

of course this is just One interpretation often presented by Creationalists.

the Darwin type Evolution is far more complicated, and very probably the True version of reality :)

just an Opinion.

Since humans evolved, the answer has to be that the first human started as a baby, given birth to and taken care of by parents who were not-quite-human. Just as the the first chicken egg was laid by something that was not-quite-a-chicken.

Phi is right; any mutations that are passed on to the offspring must be in the gamete-generating cells. Somatic mutations tend to be cancer eventually, and even if not, cannot be passed on to the offspring.

Mokele

• 3 weeks later...

I believe God created Adam and Eve in their fully developed form. They then had children through sexual intercourse. About the who created God part, God is eternal, meaning He's always been in existence. Explain the concept of eternity to your child.

I believe God created Adam and Eve in their fully developed form. They then had children through sexual intercourse. About the who created God part, God is eternal, meaning He's always been in existence. Explain the concept of eternity to your child.

Who said anything "about who created god?"

Not to be a meanie, but please try to stay on topic. Getting off topic can lead to catastropic results as flames, off topic posts, and etc.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Since humans evolved, the answer has to be that the first human started as a baby, given birth to and taken care of by parents who were not-quite-human. Just as the the first chicken egg was laid by something that was not-quite-a-chicken.

psshhh! who are you to say they aren't quite chicken? they were there first by god! bet those prehistoric chickens would kick your ass if they were around to hear you talking crap on them like that.

Explain the concept of eternity to your child.
Sheesh, try explaining the concept of a month to a five year old and you'll hit a brick wall.... stretch it out to infinity and add a non-existant super-being to the mix, and you'll just scare the living daylights outa her.

I vote you go with the "first chicken-egg from a not-quite-chicken analogy". Especially if you'd prefer to share a less religious (thereby more accurate) viewpoint with your daughter, it should be the best, and comparatively easiest route to take.

There's no such thing as the first man.

Evolution is a phenomenon at the population level, it's often defined as the change in the frequency of an allele (a form of a gene at a specific place on a chromosone). There's no way to trace a clear distinction between humanity and nonhumanity, we don't have a very specific definition like "if you've got that X allele you're human, without it you're not". If we had that kind of definition we could've said "that baby, with the X mutations, is the first humans", but as we cannot, I say there's no first man, only a group of individuals we though look different enough from another species to be placed in a new species; humans. It's hard to say when two groups on the fossils record are really distinct species, there's no way to say if they could breed between each other, so it's arbitrary.

• 2 weeks later...

who created God?"

Why just one god and not many? who told you that? If we admit the existence of gods, I cannot see why they cannot be more numerous. Romans and Greeks had many and were probably better informed than we are, because they are closer in time to the creation, if such an event happened.

:confused:

This is just to make you think scientifically on your question

• 2 weeks later...

I say Humans Created God ... When Primitive Humans saw Some of Nature's Acts Like Lightening, EarthQuakes, Floods etc Which they were not able to understand or explain, primitive humans just created a God and said that He was responsible for everything which they couldn't understand and through all these ages we have been following that philosophy .. Even now if something we cant understand happens we say its "Divine" ... I guess Human Minds Work Like That <_<

Interesting enough, on the history channel it had a special on the subject matter of God. They also said it was possible that humans created the idea of a God to give oppressed people hope for the future (in the case of the documentary, exiled people). However that statement is just as valid as saying humans evolved from bacteria.

Humans couldnt have evolved from Bacteria but both of them evolved from something common ... like the first primitive cell which came from proteins accumulating

Yes, we created God so that we felt safe that there was some power to protect us ... Infact this is a very ingenious way of making us safe .. Lol

The problem with people of today is, they're expecting to be able to explain any subject matter. This seems to not be their fault, as it is actually in part due to the rise of the communications and technology age of the 21st century. It is a time where people expect to be able to explain everthing and anything scientifically, in this case the origin of life. Yet, there's a block in the road...how did that first atom come into existence? No, it cannot be proven (at least in this time period), just like the existence of God. Faith my friends, not science. Humans think they are the most powerful beings in existence, true or not, this inherited egotistical manner needs to be brushed aside, as there are possibilities out there...ie: aliens, God. Sounds a bit far-fetched, but so does the idea that we humans evolved from a microprotein or cell of some sort.

Is there really a first when it comes to gradual processes such as evolution?

Imo, there should be scores of firsts to lend some credence to the alleged randomly mutated and naturally selected stages of alleged evolution. There should also be scores, if not thousands of fossil verified first transitional evidences for both the alleged evolution of man as well as other living things. But alas, there scanty little for evos to grasp onto for any semblence of transitionals for support of the theory they hold so tenatiously to.

Christians are told that God created Himself.

You can say He was aware of His own existence before His physical shape came into being.

Mmm' date=' I've been a Biblical fundamentalist Christian for 6 decades, having heard thousands of sermons and have never ever heard about God [i']creating himself[/i] in the Christian circles I've fellowshiped with.

I respect your experience in the field of Christianity, but I am fairly certain that God created Himself. Next time you meet with your fellowship, maybe you could bring this subject matter up to get an answer from a member of the group.

The reason why this subject of God creating Himself is not popular, even among Christians, is because it is an unecessary fact when one becomes aquainted with the faith of Christianity. We already acknowledge God's power through his ability to basically create life and death. Also, this fact in itself is extremely hard to grasp in the case of logic. It is just too hard to imagine and should play no part in a Christian's faith in God because it should just be accepted as a truth.

I respect your experience in the field of Christianity' date=' but I am fairly certain that God created Himself. Next time you meet with your fellowship, maybe you could bring this subject matter up to get an answer from a member of the group.

The reason why this subject of God creating Himself is not popular, even among Christians, is because it is an unecessary fact when one becomes aquainted with the faith of Christianity. We already acknowledge God's power through his ability to basically create life and death. Also, this fact in itself is extremely hard to grasp in the case of logic. It is just too hard to imagine and should play no part in a Christian's faith in God because it should just be accepted as a truth.[/quote']

1. Those who believe in the Biblical god, Jehovah learned from the Bible that he exists. The same Bible says he had no beginning. Why should anyone who believes in him believe otherwise?

2. He, being all powerful as well as eternal satisfies thermodynamic law 1, whereas the big bang theory doesn't, imo. :cool:

the humans before us are proved by evidence in bones that they werent fully developed.

If adam and eve had children...how did those children get children?

How come gods eternity is possible...but not the universe' ?

as for the original question...maybe highly developed aliens created about 100 male adults and 100 female adults of theire own species and wanted to colonize this planet..and dropped them off..and brainwashed them first...then those species would adapt and become what humans are today..and the reason those aliens dont come back is cause their planet exploded. and were the only leftovers of an extinct race..

who knows? i might be right...

but either way...i cant imagen there to have been only max of 1 or 2 people in the beginning.

there had to be at least 100 total consisting of males and females.