Ciphered text test.

Tom O'Neil

How much time do you need for an answer?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. I'm allowing a time limit so which one?

• 2 weeks
    • 1 month
    • Until I decode several words

Here is a challenge! I enciphered a paragraph from JKP's website. I can't tell you which one, because it's a challenge. I can say it's in English and uses a numerology cipher. There are clues in this image. I will post a poll and ask how long people want this up until I release the crib or paragraph. Try and decode words from this image!

CwUoCi4VIAAKmHH.jpg

post-121320-0-46402200-1478162101_thumb.jpg

Tom, you are testing mine and a few other members' skills of politely telling you to stop the nonsense. I have many of these in case you don't get it again:

"I'd give this to my 7 year old daughter to decipher but I don't want to contaminate her brain so I won't"

I thought that ciphered messages were the cryptograms that contained numbers.

In the eighties, often heard cyphered messages on short wave radio, using groups of four numbers. Isn't hieroglyphics cryptogram the proper name for the thread ?

With multiple ways of reading, right to left, vertically, diagonally, snake...

Tom, you are testing mine and a few other members' skills of politely telling you to stop the nonsense. I have many of these in case you don't get it again:

"I'd give this to my 7 year old daughter to decipher but I don't want to contaminate her brain so I won't"

Koti, this is an example and there is information behind those glyph's and I did make it easier yet I doubt you can solve it or anyone else. What's is ironic is when using the Pythagorean numerology table and associating it with these glyph's is that the frequency spread automatically makes it look like a language.

You will find out with a try its very complex and you even have a source. The pictures are for the benefit of helping the decoder.

Ah what the hell, even if I get a warning for this it's worth it:
Haven't done this in a long time and never in English but lets see how it goes...

A short poem for Tommy:

- Oh Tommy Tommy, how much more can you find?
- To feed thy crap, into my poor tired mind.

- You promised to keep, the nonsense away.
- Yet broke your own vow, and that looks to stay.

- Poor Strange and few others, are out of their mind.

- To figure out what, makes grown Tommy grind.

- Oh Tommy, dear Tommy, no more I need !
- Will ever you listen, this tired man's plead ?!

koti®

The ® is "left Alt 0174" on the NUMEROLOGY pad if anyone want to know.

Edited by koti

I have better challenge for you.

Decode one of ancient undeciphered writing systems:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undeciphered_writing_systems

How about Linear A for a start?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_A

Agree completely - a real task. Perhaps impossible. but they never expected the related Phaistos Disc to be translated either (I've seen this and it's fascinated me for 30 years)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/28/ancient-cd-rom-phaistos-disk-code_n_6055178.html

• 1 year later...

I saw a documentary last month and it looks like they have translated most of that Von Munch thing now....  I was reminded of discussions about it here and wondered what Mr O'Neil made of it.   There wasn't any Welsh in it from what I remember.  If I get the time and remember it when I get home from work I'll try to find it and post it.  I nearly started a new thread about it a few months back....  but didn't really want to start yet another Von Mooch thread.

iirc - it was mainly in ancient Turkish and they had translated most of it.

6 minutes ago, DrP said:

I saw a documentary last month and it looks like they have translated most of that Von Munch thing now....  I was reminded of discussions about it here and wondered what Mr O'Neil made of it.   There wasn't any Welsh in it from what I remember.  If I get the time and remember it when I get home from work I'll try to find it and post it.  I nearly started a new thread about it a few months back....  but didn't really want to start yet another Von Mooch thread.

iirc - it was mainly in ancient Turkish and they had translated most of it.

I have watched the video several times and know about the peer review in process.  However the translation is poor, when transferred from Old Turkish to English. They still only translated 5 month names from folio 67r1 using "eva" and some of there own different letter to letter substitutions.  I think its doomed to be honest.  You cannot use a frequency analysis to then get a reading.

https://www.jasondavies.com/voynich/#f67r1_f67r2/0.5/0.5/2.50

Here is my paper for what its worth.

http://tomeoneil.com/VoynichManuscriptMiddleEnglish.PDF