to patent and some extraordinary approaches.unfortunately need help.

blue89

anyway ,I think I already explained every detail about the previous issue.

Meanwhile,Thanks very much Strange. (I am feeling thankfull about your explanations)

1) not the theory of course. That is the duty of Journals already ,not the patent institutes. I meant

---->> usages of theory : like this ,one theory might be used for 28 devices. but should we provide for only specific one? which of these better to do?

I cannot understand what you are asking.

2) the equivalent query: assume please there exist several different methods,but not exactly making changes on the same methods ,this will be already different one.

in this case which of thats should I prefer

--->> to present only one method in one file?

--->> to present all methods in one file?

Can you confirm that you are asking about patent applications? (Or something else?)

If so, I can only repeat what I said before:

You should describe the invention in terms of one or two specific implementation methods. However, you should repeatedly say that these are examples and other implementations are possible, possibly listing examples, but making it clear that others are also possible (not just the ones you list).

Changing the method will not (in general) be a new invention and so cannot be a new patent.

If you have a totally different method for creating a product then it could be a operate separate patent. But a patent has to have novelty (be new) and an "inventive step" (not be obvious based on other work).

Sometimes a company will file multiple patents for the same thing, with slightly different descriptions. This is in the hope that one might be more acceptable to the patent office than another. But this is a very expensive process and I would not recommend it unless you have a lot of experience with patents. (And a lot of money.)

Edited by Strange

May I ask what "a operate patent" means?

Sorry. That was a typo. It should have been "a separate patent".

furthermore,could you confirm please

once,I should make application for a patent,then should contact companies. (is it correct?)

You should file the patent first for two reasons:

1. Disclosing the idea before filing a patent will make the patent invalid. Having a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with the company may give some protection against this but we were always strongly advised not to rely on an NDA to protect you.

2. If you have not filed the patent then the company could go and file the patent before you.

Heyyy strange ,what about to make friendship with me on facebook.

Please do not provide your age as a refugee's reason.

I do not care nationality ,age ,gender and religion.

ajb is not muslim. but he is quite honest and elegant in his words (very very polite).

I think he is also hardworking.

but really I could not make him persuade about an issue : he believes that how we work how we will be successfull.

You should file the patent first for two reasons:

A)1. Disclosing the idea before filing a patent will make the patent invalid. Having a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with the company may give some protection against this but we were always strongly advised not to rely on an NDA to protect you.

B)2. If you have not filed the patent then the company could go and file the patent before you.

Responding..

A) okay I will apply to turkish patent institute.

But are you sure at all probabilities about NDA? ,I have told almost entire of the first shape of document to studiot,but I trust him. he does not do such dishonest things. (to steal)

furthermore,

B)I will already use quite strict formulas,so I really do not predict that it would be possible to get stolen it with only sending abstract to any company.

Edited by blue89

A) okay I will apply to turkish patent institute.

But are you sure at all probabilities about NDA? ,I have told almost entire of the first shape of document to studiot,but I trust him. he does not do such dishonest things. (to steal)

Some things to think about:-

You need to bear in mind why you want to apply for a patent. What a patent does is prevent anyone else from doing something which falls within the scope of the patent. So, if you have a patent for a particular type of door handle, you can prevent other people from producing a door handle of the same type. It's a method of protecting an innovation, which effectively gives you a period of exclusivity in the market for that innovation. So question 1 is: why do you want a patent? How will it benefit you? You need to think about that to decide whether it is worth spending the money on the patent.

Next thing to consider is that a patent only protects you in the country in which the patent is granted. So, if you have a Turkish patent, you can only prevent other people from using the invention in Turkey. Turkey is part of the European Patent Convention, which means that you can make an application for European patent protection through the Turkish patent office, but in order to do so there are translation requirements, which is more expense (often the majority of the costs of obtaining European patent protection is translation costs).

On the question of NDAs, I would (as a lawyer) always advise someone to have an NDA in place before they discuss an invention that they are considering patenting, even if it's someone they knew well in person (never mind someone they have only met on the internet!). You run the risk of either a) that person patenting the idea ahead of you or b) that person publishing the idea somewhere and therefore preventing you from being able to publish it (patent offices will search for prior publications, because your invention must not have been made available to the public before you file your patent application). Even the NDA doesn't protect you absolutely - the person could still publish the idea, and once it's out there you won't be able to file a patent, so the NDA would just let you sue them for any losses as a result (difficult to ascertain / prove what those losses would be in this kind of situation).

As someone else has said, patents are complicated, and you have to get it right first time, so I would definitely suggest you talk to a patent attorney or lawyer before you go down that route.

Dear Juno

thanks very much for your comprehensive explanation. Really I am not complaining the economy for my private necessities. but I see it has been understood so. or they understand me that I expressed a demand of money there. this is both illogical and unethic. :) :-)

okay. but could you guide me please. As it expressed I have no money. I only read articles whenever I have spare times. or related links (scientific).

could you explain please, with which logic/meaningful idea I might talk a patent attorney while I already say I would not be able to pay him/her for his/her explanations/helps to me.

However there exist very useful instructions I think that you might make you understand with these the reasons why make me possible to think so cool

---->> I have very very creative personality. so there already will be possible for many patent considerations. all of them would be different.

---->> I think I have cared to confidentiality enough. because more attention than this will already make someones feel strange. At a time When I expressed such things to ecancemedicalsciene journal's senior editor. she asked

"why are you fearing so much to share it with me"

I am not feeling me happy on this route if I make anyone feel sad or strange.

and all discussions are for only one shared projects. (also,I did not shared main text elsewhere except nature photonics)

Strange's advice seems the most meaningful to guide.

Thank to strange. of course other scientists and candidates

Edited by blue89

Yes, an excellent question.

This also relates to the idea of developing a business model for any invention. You need to be sure that the cost of the patent applications are justified by the possible returns. You also need to convince possible buyers/licensees of the invention that it is worth their time and money.

Being creative and coming up with ideas is the easy part. The hard part is turning it into a successful product.

Juno raises an interesting question. Why do you want to patent?

Well , I believe we may earn money via using our creativity.

if we be able to provide a good samples of products which designed only by ourself.

then we might earn much money by ourself.

this is honest way to earn money.

Being creative and coming up with ideas is the easy part. The hard part is turning it into a successful product.

I believe I can do both of these things. but do not know how to persuade you :) :-)

strange you are very flexible ,I love such ones

but I feel me a bit surprising. I remember you had said that your age was almost equal to the position of my father or grandfather and in spite of this you are almost capable to compete with me in comparison to our energy :) :-) thats very very lovely. I appreciate it.

I enjoyed it.

Being creative and coming up with ideas is the easy part.

I also disagree to this idea. because at a time I had seen a hodja at one university in istanbul. she had a PhD degree. her age was old. but she could not achieve writing an article.

I understood that she also did not try to write.

NPG?

I believe this journal is strong and a bit intellectual (but intellectuality insufficient) nevertheless totally is the best.

Someones cannot realise somethings

these are different things

1) having PhD degree or higher such a title arising "professor"

2) having very very creative & social or sucessfull personality

Edited by blue89

I asked series opinions for the result of...

[snip]

...but I m series.

A series (noun) is a set of related things that happen one after another, like TV shows or lectures or sports games. It's pronounced SEER-eez in English.

Serious (adjective) is describing something or someone worthy of a lot of thought, energy, and attention. It's pronounced SEER-ee-uss in English.

:):):)

A series (noun) is a set of related things that happen one after another, like TV shows or lectures or sports games. It's pronounced SEER-eez in English.

Serious (adjective) is describing something or someone worthy of a lot of thought, energy, and attention. It's pronounced SEER-ee-uss in English.

I'm sure he will tell you that you are wrong. Because he is series and creative.

:):):)

indeed this is right.but phi for all,this is already one of my very nice and familiar spelling faults :) :-) :)

I'm sure he will tell you that you are wrong. Because he is "series" and creative.

haha ha :) :-) :)

look you also have done the same fault

very nice :)

While I am smiling for such cases of another members' (faults) ,everyone would only criticize me.

that is strange really.

Edited by blue89

No, it's not. :unsure::(:angry:

I think. why not ? (this means you did not enjoy my faults.) if it so,unfortunately it seems I should have a break. because at first my computer is spoilt and I cannot buy the suitable one now until reach some achievements. and secondly,I have a bit careless.as a third reason I hate to take notification from moderators (you are moderator). I will never be happy with taking warnings.

This was almost the worst thing that I had met there.

anyway,I should interrupt or decrease my comments there.

Well, it is familiar. Annoyingly so.

I am almost sure if he was near me. I would achieve to entertain (or make him smile) him haha ,I have very very entertaining / funny /energetic / friendly personality.

intelligent/positive

:)

Anyway.

I am going to prepare the documents for application of patent.

have you any statistics of ratio how amount of applicants are being successfull??

Edited by blue89

okay. but could you guide me please. As it expressed I have no money. I only read articles whenever I have spare times. or related links (scientific).

could you explain please, with which logic/meaningful idea I might talk a patent attorney while I already say I would not be able to pay him/her for his/her explanations/helps to me.

Well, a patent attorney might be willing to have an initial discussion with you, if they think that it may lead to paid work for them (i.e. you might choose them to work on the drafting of the patent). You'd have to contact patent attorneys and ask if they offer free initial consultations.

---->> I think I have cared to confidentiality enough. because more attention than this will already make someones feel strange. At a time When I expressed such things to ecancemedicalsciene journal's senior editor. she asked

"why are you fearing so much to share it with me"

I am not feeling me happy on this route if I make anyone feel sad or strange.

She probably thought it was a bit strange that you were trying to keep something secret, at the same time as trying to get it published! If you were going to patent something, you wouldn't be submitting it for publication.

However, I think you also need to remember that people aren't always going to be honest with you, particularly if they see a business opportunity in your idea and would like to use it themselves! So you need to make sure you're protecting your interests - if you're planning to go into business with an invention, you won't get anywhere if you don't protect your own business properly because you think it'll make someone else feel sad.

I am going to prepare the documents for application of patent.

have you any statistics of ratio how amount of applicants are being successfull??

That really depends on the country you're applying in. In the UK, around 20-25% of applications result in a patent being granted. In the US, where it's notoriously easier to obtain a patent, it's more like 50%. I looked up the figures for Turkey on the Turkish Intellectual Property Office website and it appears to be around 30% for domestic applications.

Now, bear in mind that a lot of those applications will have been prepared by professional patent attorneys, and so will be more likely to be granted. That means that if you prepare the documents yourself, your likelihood of a successful application will probably be quite a bit lower than the overall percentage.