A Theory of Time

ubersoldat

I'm a student at a high school which is gratefull to learn science and its steady journey of complications and discoveries. My theory here is about boredom and its intake of how it slows down time. I know that scientists today is still on a league to unlock the amazing secrets of the human organ called the brain we all have (I Hope). On my site I have I wrote a theory about how we can grasp time and slow it down. Please consider to read it. Its not too long, but it may be usefull:

http://ubersoldat4.tripod.com/Btexp.html

Here is another question someone could answer.

If this has been discovered. What part of the brain detemines the speed in which time flows? This must be apart of the brain. How else can time speed up or slow down independently from everyone.

On the site I will be updating on other discoverments I have made.

• 3 weeks later...

well I'm not so sure if its actually time speed changing, or just the sensation of it through different balancing of brain chemicals and functions--- but I wont say its absolutely impossible. Could you give some more links about that electronics phenomenon you talked about on your site, it sounds interesting, just like to know more.

Ahh. I see. I have no links with me right now. But I would be glad to talk about it. When I say Moder Day Electronics I really mean gadgets or Neuropsycology. Like if me and a team of doctors took surgeory upon a specimen which may not be illegal, and then have a neural chip place in the right part of the brain. The chip is the bridge from a cord which connects to it to the brain. The chip then translates it to brainwaves and communicates with the brain. The experimets are going on right now but is kept under wraps.

Oh really, thats cool. I remember reading an article in the newspaper about a monkey with a chip in its brain, it had a transmittor in it so it could use its brain to 'telepathically' control the cursor on a computer to play a game where you simply click on dots. I imagine some day we could have chips and such put in our brains, that transmit and recieve from outside equiptment to give us extra senses. Then I wonder if already have such things, that exist in some way that they are not really detectible, could account for cases of telepathy. I wonder if people would think all this is ethical, I guess I'm not sure myself.

There is a huge difference between control and perception. If I throw a ball at your face and you just happen to be bored that day and time seems to just stand still, to me the ball continues to follow the rules of physics and will either bean you in the head or you'll snap out of your daze and duck. Our brains are chemicals; cells. There is no mechanism for "controlling" time, just perceiving it differently. But lets look at it this way. What if you could process information faster? Instead of the approx. 30 frames our eyes see, you are a lucky guy and choose to see 100 frames if you want. So let me throw that ball at you again. This time you don't see it as a blur but in more of slow motion camera sort of way. Did you slow time down? No, you're perceiving your environment differently. That's all.

I agree with you about perception, well thats basically the common sense point of view, but as proof cannot be prooven (read my philosophy/religion post) and also the fact that we do not know everything--- maybe we do have a mechanism for time control. But yes what we experience is usually our own perception---- two people can witness the same thing, one see it in slow motion, while it is a flash to another. Anything is possible, but I think probably ever time diff. I or anyone else has experienced is a matter of perspective.

Your right. But remember, if machines can detect whats going on in the brain, then machines later down the road might be able to have a capability to enter the brain and control certain functions. Maybe to make one smarter or to make a person more aware of there surroundings, or even to increase from 30 fps to 100 or 200 fps. I can say that EVERYTHING is possible. Its just a matter of time.

Originally posted by ubersoldat

Your right. But remember, if machines can detect whats going on in the brain, then machines later down the road might be able to have a capability to enter the brain and control certain functions. Maybe to make one smarter or to make a person more aware of there surroundings, or even to increase from 30 fps to 100 or 200 fps. I can say that EVERYTHING is possible. Its just a matter of time.

Hey, I'm all for that. That would be cool as hell. Having enhanced sences would be extremely useful I think. I'm just saying don't quit your day job looking for a way to actually stop time with your brain.

This thread is about the exat same thing one of my threads is about! also believe that time is controlled by the brain. ;;But as that other, and many others, have said, time is percepted diffrently, it doesn't slow down. But theargument I use is that, PERCEPTION IS EVERYTHING!!!! Without perception, there is nothing. All is in the Eyes of the Beholder. Why can't people see that!!!

If you start by thinking that there is no reality, but only perception, you'll end up like this chappy:

[His] philosophy, whether true or false, represents the bankruptcy of eighteenth-century reasonableness. He starts out, like Locke, with the intention of being sensible and empirical, taking nothing on trust, but seeking whatever instruction is to be obtained from experience and observation. But having a better intellect than Locke's, a greater acuteness in analysis, and a smaller capacity for accepting comfortable inconsistencies, he arrives at the disastrous conclusion that from experience and observation nothing is to be learnt. There is no such thing as a rational belief: 'If we believe that fire warms, or water refreshes, 'tis only because it costs us too much pains to think otherwise.' We cannot help believing, but no belief can be grounded in reason.

- Bertrand Russell on David Hume.