problem with surfing this forum (http://urlm.co/www.scienceforums.net)

fresh

Sounds like a dns problem what dns servers are you using??

In windows it should be network&sharing > connection properties > Network Status > Properties > Networking > Internet Protocol Version 4 > Properties > Advanced TCP/IP settings > Dns servers in order of use

it means Page can not be displayed..

It is probably your default dns server though. Dns servers resolve domain names to ip addresses like a phone book. This website isn't in the phonebook you are using and therefore you can't see this site without using urlm.co. Should be the exact same for windows 7. Google's dns servers are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4. My current isp is 159.134.0.1 and 159.134.0.2

Edited by fiveworlds

It is probably your default dns server though. Dns servers resolve domain names to ip addresses like a phone book. This website isn't in the phonebook you are using and therefore you can't see this site without using urlm.co. Should be the exact same for windows 7. Google's dns servers are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4. My current isp is 159.134.0.1 and 159.134.0.2

8.8.8.4 is not Google DNS server.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/public-dns-discuss/shbRoNS8G1E

It's 8.8.4.4 according to above thread

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

See Google website.

BTW, Google DNS are not very fast. I have here 32 ms ping delay.

Try by yourself in cmd.exe > ping 8.8.8.8

Pinging 8.8.8.8 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=32ms TTL=45

From my ISP DNS servers I have 11 ms instead. Nearly 3 times faster response.

In windows it should be network&sharing > connection properties > Network Status > Properties > Networking > Internet Protocol Version 4 > Properties > Advanced TCP/IP settings > Dns servers in order of use

Faster is cmd.exe, ipconfig /all

Faster is cmd.exe, ipconfig /all

That doesn't set the dns server.

From my ISP DNS servers I have 11 ms instead. Nearly 3 times faster response.

Yes ISP should be faster however you can set your computer to lookup your ISP's dns first and if the website isn't in their list to then check google's server. You can also host your own dns and save the websites you regularly look up to your own computer like you would with phone numbers on your phone. Fresh's problem is clearly a dns problem since clicking a link on a webpage gets the dns address from that webpage.

It's 8.8.4.4 according to above thread

You're right I was using the following link though and just mistyped it.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Questions like this are examinable as part of the Cisco CCNA R&S syllabus.

http://www.ccna5.net/ccna-routing-and-switching-introduction-to-networks-final-exam/239

Edited by fiveworlds

sorry, it is too technical to me, what should i do now ?

That has been already said in post #3 and below: try changing DNS to different one..

On every operating system it's done different way.

Edited by Sensei

That has been already said in post #3 and below: try changing DNS to different one..

On every operating system it's done different way.

I would suggest giving her that instruction in simple steps after ascertaining from Fresh what OS she is using.

post-69609-0-38155700-1478084240_thumb.pngSensei, i can not see your attachment. what should i do ?

Sounds like a dns problem what dns servers are you using??

refer to what fiveworlds said. "Dns servers in order of use"....then ?

Edited by fresh

Click the windows icon in the bottom left corner, type in "cmd" in the search programs and files, when you see a black screen type the following:

ipconfig -release (press Enter)

and then:

ipconfig -renew (press Enter)

If it doesn't help just wait a while as the problem is most likely not on your side.

Edited by koti

Click the windows icon in the bottom left corner, type in "cmd" in the search programs and files, when you see a black screen type the following:

ipconfig -release

and then:

ipconfig -renew.

If it doesn't help just wait a while as the problem is most likely not on your side.

Should she press Enter after each line?

thanks guys !i know i need to press Enter.

i am an absolute novice.

I realised that and that's why I said it. It's easy to forget to mention the little intermediate steps when you are used to doing something, especially with computers.

Edited by StringJunky

thanks guys !i know i need to press Enter.

i am an absolute novice.

Or better yet, instead of all that I wrote and others wrote theres an easier way. Next time just turn everything off and on again - be sure to unplug the power cable from the router for a few seconds so it resets.

• 1 month later...

This website functions fine for me so I will have to upvote those before me that state that it has to be something malfunctioning on your end. Hopefully you get this resolved it seems as though those above have given some pretty good resolutions. Best of luck

Or better yet, instead of all that I wrote and others wrote theres an easier way. Next time just turn everything off and on again - be sure to unplug the power cable from the router for a few seconds so it resets.

Haha this is funny because I was saying the other day [iT 101] = Turn it off turn it on recheck lol