How does one develop the maths?

Daecon

A justified comment put to anyone wanting to promote their new Earth-shattering, groundbreaking, epoch-making, paradigm-shifing speculation is "where's the math(s)"?

For people with active imaginations but lacking in mathematical training, what would be the best way to try to address this criticism and provide the maths to back up their ideas?

Edited by Daecon

Imagination does basically nothing at the end of the day. The time taken to solve problems is far higher than the time taken to verify the solutions to already known problems. A basic standard of education is a necessity to even understand most modern day problems. Of course you can learn material online but you have to be fairly devoted to your education to be capable of educating oneself. However the ability to educate oneself is in some ways more impressive than the ability to rote learn but this education has to be recognized formally and unfortunately it rarely is. I was fairly lucky I recently started college at 23 since I didn't have the funds to start education before this however I was able to get recognition of prior learning for a lot of my modules as a result me putting the work in and learning things online.

For people with active imaginations but lacking in mathematical training, what would be the best way to try to address this criticism and provide the maths to back up their ideas?

I guess the only thing that can be done is to learn the mathematics and mathematical language needed. One may only need a working knowledge rather than a deep understanding.