A Concert by Deadalus

Daedalus

I've taken a little break from writing my paper on the proof of the Collatz conjecture to work on some new music. From now on, I'm going to post all of my music to this thread. So, I will be making posts throughout the week of all of my music here. This online concert begins with my latest composition that I wrote for someone who I completely adore and is one of my best songs yet.

Enjoy!!!

This next song is an arrangement of a folk song that Externet requested here at SFN because his grandfather used to sing it. He found the sheet music but could not find a recording. So, at his request, I recorded the main melody and wrote a violin part to accompany the existing music played on guitar. This song is titled, "A Casa D'un Drapaire", and it was a really fun piece of music to work with and share here on the forums.

Enjoy!!!

Thank you so much for sharing +1

I meant to write this after your first post but see that since I last looked you have added another piece.

Thank you studiot! I appreciate the comment. The next song I'm posting right now, is called "Resolution" because in 2014 I made a New Year's resolution to write more music. I'm happy to say that I kept my promise and I now have over 19 finished compositions in my Finished Compositions playlist on YouTube with 21 completed songs. I originally posted this song here at SFN January 29, 2014. Just 14 days after my birthday.

Enjoy!!!

I've taken a little break from writing my paper on the proof of the Collatz conjecture to work on some new music. From now on, I'm going to post all of my music to this thread. So, I will be making posts throughout the week of all of my music here. This online concert begins with my latest composition that I wrote for someone who I completely adore and is one of my best songs yet.

Enjoy!!!

I really enjoyed this piece. Well done!

Who plays the instruments in your pieces?

I really enjoyed this piece. Well done!

Who plays the instruments in your pieces?

Thank you Zapatos! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I use Garritan's orchestra packages and XPand2 to compose music in Pro Tools. Everything you hear is all digital, but I write my music from the heart and draw inspiration from life experiences. I wish I had access to a real orchestra because these recordings would be a thousand times better. For now, I use what I've got. ;)

This next song is one that my brother and I play on guitar. After he injured himself on the job, he wasn't been able to play guitar. So, I rewrote this song for an orchestra. It's called, "Forged by Destiny" because it portrays that, although we forge our own path through life, we are ultimately bound by fate. I orchestrated this song December 12, 2014 and posted it here at SFN.

Enjoy!!!

Edited by Daedalus

I enjoy your music immensely but You tube tells me not to share it, is it ok for me to share your stuff? I do have a few followers and many of them would enjoy your work i am sure.

I am jealous! You are smarter and more talented than me, prettier too, damn it all ;)

I enjoy your music immensely but You tube tells me not to share it, is it ok for me to share your stuff? I do have a few followers and many of them would enjoy your work i am sure.

I am jealous! You are smarter and more talented than me, prettier too, damn it all ;)

As long as you don't use my music in commercial projects without my consent, I encourage you to share it as much as you can. ^_^ I'll check to see if there is some kind of setting in YouTube that I have to set to disable any warnings about sharing my music, but you definitely have my permission Moontanman.

This next song is one that I wrote way back in high school. Now that I am a lot more skilled, I added new harmonies to the song. I finished the rewrite August 11, 2015 and shared it here at SFN.

Enjoy!!!

Continuing with the online concert, this next song is one that I wrote June 27, 2010 when I only had Cakewalk to compose music. The digital instruments that I had back then are no where near the quality that I have today. This song is called "A Father's Love", and it's a lullaby that I wrote for my boys when they were little.

Enjoy!!!

Edited by Daedalus

I guess i have a critic because someone down voted my first post for my latest composition "From the Heavens"... ROFL!!!. I guess you can't please everyone :P I wrote this next song July 27, 2015 and posted it here at SFN. It's a really beautiful piece of music that was inspired by all the talk about the moon appearing blue at the time.

Enjoy!!!

I wrote this next song for a very good friend of mine who was there for me after I went through my divorce back in 2009. I'm so happy that she finally found love again because her last husband passed away, but I do miss hanging out with her and all the fun we had. This song is called "Missing You". I wrote it for her September 5, 2015 and posted it here at SFN.

Enjoy!!!

I wrote the first part of this song in high school, but I didn't have the skill back then to finish it the way I heard it in my mind. Seventeen years later, I was able to complete it on August 20, 2015 and posted it here at SFN. This song is probably the happiest song that I've ever written and reminds me of something you would hear in a Disney movie.

Enjoy!!! Edited by Daedalus

This next song is my first concerto for oboe and is called "Tranquility". This is one of those times where I wished I had much better sounds to record with, but the song is still pretty. I wrote it August 12, 2015 and posted it here at SFN.

This song is different than most of my other songs. The tempo is slow and the melody is very peaceful. The fade at the end seems too fast, but the software I use makes it difficult to get those things just right. I'll keep messing with it and see if I can perfect it, but the songs is still very beautiful. Perhaps one day, I will be able to get an actual orchestra to record these songs and you will be able to hear them the way they were meant to be heard!

Enjoy!!!

The lady who taught me how to read and write music retired this year. Without Mrs. Wood, I wouldn't be able to write the music that I do today. Great teachers are hard to find and, although we are in their lives for a brief period of time, their teachings remain with us forever. I wrote this song April 8, 2016 and posted it here at SFN.

Enjoy!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I finished another song where I take the theme from the beginning of the song, transpose it in key, and then vary the music. I finished this composition October 14, 2016, and It turned out as beautiful and as lovely as the woman I wrote it for.

Enjoy!!!

Edited by Daedalus

• 11 months later...

It has been a while since I've released a new song, but I'm happy to share a collaboration between myself and my very talented friend, Dean Rockholt.

Dean came up with the melody, and the guitar and drum parts. I then added the strings and extended the melody by giving it fills and changing a few notes, but Dean's original melody is still intact.

As some of you know, I lived in North Carolina for a few years, which is where I met Dean and his family. This song, North Carolina Nights, is dedicated to all of my friends and family living in North Carolina.

Enjoy!!!

• 8 months later...

It's been a while since I released a song. I started writing Starman after Elon Musk launched his Tesla Roadster into space. It's a neo-classical, metal song that is out of this world! Enjoy!!!