TV Satellite Height ?

Kriss3d

HI everyone. I dont know if this is the apropriate place to ask.
Ive been having a discussion with Flat earth belivers ( yeah i know. )

One thing i couldnt quite get to match up with what i know.

Ive in my past worked with satelite dishes and setting up these babies for people.

Now here where i live in Denmark, we put the satelite at 26 degrees from horizon aiming them towards south.
I searched for the hight of satelites such as the Thor 5 satelite which covers Denmark.
Aparently the distance from Denmark to the equatorial line its just about 6700 miles.
If i tap that into a trigonometry calculator with 6700 miles and 26 degrees, i get a hight of the satelite at 1800 miles.
While that is within the geo stationary orbit hight, I read about the Thor 5 satelite that its 22.000 miles. Thats quite a difference.

What have i missed in this ?

I think your method might be a bit askew. I have done the sums and I come up with an angle of 25.24 for Aarhus. Will post diagram and method when I have a moment

Radius of Earth 6360km

Altitude of Satelite 35775km

Latitude Salelittle -0.75degrees

Aarhus +56.15degrees

On diagram

A = Aarhus

C= Centre of Earth

S = Satelite

M = Point on line from Centre of Earth to Satelite where it crosses tangent from Aarhus

The circle is the earth and the horizontal line running all across page is the equator

post-32514-0-63906100-1474290857_thumb.jpg

===

Not sure if there is an easier way to do this - or if I have mucked up; but the answer seems right

Awesome. Thanks. Ive been putting up the dishes for quite a while in the past and we would just use the numbers on the mounting rack to aim for 26 degrees then ajust it untill we got the best signal strenght.
I couldnt quite get why the hight i would get would be around 1800 miles above ground at equator. I just used the distance from some site from Denmark to equator as a line then the angle of 26 in a trigonometry to get me the lenght A. So I was way off. Thanks.