Nature publishing & physics PROJECT OUTLINES

blue89

Dear scientists

there might exist easy questions ,these is my first application as I said. and other journal's editor advised me to submit another journl. Then I am going to submit nature physics.

questions

1) what that mean double blind ,peer review ?

2) when I submitted "nature - methods" ,the system asked , "do you permit to referees learn your name - surname ..etc ,what should be chosen

(I thought it would be better if we do not permit,to be more objective (assessment) ,but when the decision explained to my e-mail by editor ,already the chief editor contacted me,I mean she learnt me or already knew )

Some Important questions ( I request -anyone who will reply- to begin with "Yes" or "No" to make your expressions more clear)

3) Manuscript , article , project,these are different literature forms.

May we submit our paper which is SCIENTIFIC PROJECT, in the "manuscript" form??

4) This is scientific project , then I think also to submit it wholly ,because outlines is ready ,I will already rewrite it.

but I do not think that it might be compulsory to add graphs or picture , then if I do not include ,might I get rejected only for this?

(actually I did not see project outlines at nature or science (at IEEE all of them was by cost to open (for sale)) ,but we know all of their articles include bright and well designed picture or graphs.)

5) could you show me some scientific poject outlines' samples (link please) ?

Regards

Edited by blue89

1) double blind means that in addition to you not knowing who the reviewers are (which is the most common case) you may also opt to not let reviewers know who you are.

2) basically they ask whether you want your name to be withheld and make it a double-blind review process. It is up to the author to decide. Usually it is only an issue if there are potential rivalries (though even then it is fairly easy to figure out from where a manuscript came from).

3) everything is a manuscript, but different journals publish different types of manuscripts. You will have to read the instructions to author to figure out precisely what they want. There is no universal convention (though for each field there are some archetypes). Either way, you will have to look into the instructions to see what they want.

4) I do not understand the question.

5) see 3)

All of these questions are covered by the journal's author guidelines.

Going by your other thread, what you got from Nat Methods was a desk reject, with a standard form letter rejection. In short, the editor rejected your manuscript outright based on a cursory examination (title and abstract, if you're lucky). They don't want to see your paper again, in any form. They have a 10% acceptance rate, with about a 50% rate once you've been accepted for review, so ~80% of manuscripts sent to them get desk rejected. Nature physics is similar.

Edited by Arete

1) double blind means that in addition to you not knowing who the reviewers are (which is the most common case) you may also opt to not let reviewers know who you are.

2) basically they ask whether you want your name to be withheld and make it a double-blind review process. It is up to the author to decide. Usually it is only an issue if there are potential rivalries (though even then it is fairly easy to figure out from where a manuscript came from).

3) everything is a manuscript, but different journals publish different types of manuscripts. You will have to read the instructions to author to figure out precisely what they want. There is no universal convention (though for each field there are some archetypes). Either way, you will have to look into the instructions to see what they want.

4) I do not understand the question.

5) see 3)

Edited by blue89

But have not you missed a detail ,the first shape was only "ABSTRACT" , so I asked in 4th question

If I would like to submit whole of manuscript without including graph , do you think it will get rejected?

If I understand you correctly, this is an idea or proposal for research that you would like to do. Is that correct?

Graphs are usually used to summarise the results of research, so I am not sure what sort of graphs would be relevant to your proposal.

Rather than trying to get this project idea published, maybe you should contact universities to see if they are willing to help with this research.

1) If I understand you correctly, this is an idea or proposal for research that you would like to do. Is that correct?

2) Graphs are usually used to summarise the results of research, so I am not sure what sort of graphs would be relevant to your proposal.

3)Rather than trying to get this project idea published, maybe you should contact universities to see if they are willing to help with this research.

1) yes , ✓

2) ok.

3) no problem ,but did you mean that it was compulsory to apply university for this?? (that meant just I might not publish it)

Edited by blue89

3) no problem ,but did you mean that it was compulsory to apply university for this?? (that meant just I might not publish it)

No, it is just an alternative suggestion, because:

1. You may find it hard to find someone who publishes ideas for research projects.

2. If you want to do the research, I assume you will need some help.

You seem to be sincere and very frustrated at the problems you are experiencing in getting your paper published. My comments are designed to help you, but I fear they may seem negative to you. I hope not.

It is difficult to write complex concepts in a foreign language. Even simple ideas can be misunderstood because of mistakes that are very easy to make. If the standard of English you have been using to communicate with journals and universities is the same as the standard of English you have been using here, then I fear the results will always be negative.

Please find someone whose written English is of a good standard, preferably a native English speaker, and have them edit your communications. Otherwise your writing will be misunderstood or ignored.

You are not following the steps necessary to achieve your goals. You are unlikely to make progress.

This is why I think trying to find someone to work with is still sensible advice. As a start academics who taught you during you had or who studied with you who are now academics.

This is why I think trying to find someone to work with is still sensible advice. As a start academics who taught you during you had or who studied with you who are now academics.

unfortunately ,I could not see any academician who would help me.

I do not fight with anyone,and probably anyone who says he is humanist and has good maner will not be so against rules.

NOTE : the abstract submitted (the title changed.Physics does not permit to use over 100 character.as I read.

I think this time it might be better. but of course must wait referee's decision.

Edited by blue89

Definitely.

Clear that OP is submitting to incorrect locations and more generally has unrealistic expectations as to results.

Even if published no guarantee Harvard would accept or look at helping with costs.

please avoid to mention about anything which might reminiscent "conflict of interests"

this is not unique project already ,I am sure I have highly creative personality ,and now two more project's rudiment are also available.

you are free how you are thinking.

but I request you to respect other ones ideas and preferences.

Do not write anything especially which does not match ETHICS OF SCIENCE or reminiscents

Regards.

but if you would like to help or if you think that you might help about such problems (belonging me) that sometimes you see there ,you may reach me via private chating mod.

I think I have strong personality ,I don't think these matters you defined or you supposed ,be problem.

anyway ,if you think you might help ,of course it would be kind to contact in private mod.

blue

Edited by blue89

UPDATE

yesterday ,it was written in current stage line : "Manuscript received"

now it is written : "Manuscript under submission"

what does this mean??,

(They have not mailed me.)

Edited by blue89

UPDATE

yesterday ,it was written in current stage line : "Manuscript received"

now it is written : "Manuscript under submission"

what does this mean??,

(They have not mailed me.)

Probably means it is in the queue to be processed.

will you reply me in anger if I say that I do not need probabilities :confused:

If it doesn't say on their website exactly what these terms mean (and it probably doesn't) then all we can do is guess.

Without knowing the details of how they process submissions, I would agree with Ophiolite: it has probably been taken from the server and put in a queue to be considered.

I expect the next stage will be: Rejected. :)

If it doesn't say on their website exactly what these terms mean (and it probably doesn't) then all we can do is guess.

Without knowing the details of how they process submissions, I would agree with Ophiolite: it has probably been taken from the server and put in a queue to be considered.

I expect the next stage will be: Rejected. :)(!)

Strange ,you are definitely surprising me now.

Really ,I see ,some items has been opened ,but I do not want to touch that items before taking any mail. am I not right??

What do you mean by "items"?

What do you mean by "opened"?

What do you mean by "touch"?

Why would you not want to touch the items before getting mail?

Sometimes, I have no idea what you are talking about.

What do you mean by "items"?

What do you mean by "opened"?

What do you mean by "touch"?

Why would you not want to touch the items before getting mail?

Sometimes, I have no idea what you are talking about.

some new items I see under the page.

I meant ,when I would make a mening ,I think they would me to submit wholly.

But I fear to take prejudical or negative ideas if I write that items there.

normally I would see an evidence (like waiting e-mail from editorial office,if they actually would see the paper) to submit wholly (so I said ,I do not want to touch the items (in meaning with more clearance "I do not want to submit wholly now without taking e-mail")

furthermore ,I also said that you were making me surprised ,because I think you are friendly,but look your idea doesn not seem positive above :(

Edited by blue89