Dowsing / radiesthesia...

Externet

Has anyone here witnessed events on divining; failed or successful ? Bring your story.

Some municipal water companies have their 'expert' along with the electronic equipment operator to search for leaks. What is behind the smoke cloud and mirrors worth evaluating?

Once I had in my hands a device (very well made) to 'detect' gold, silver, and... paper money. The 'instrument' was not cheap, with a user manual with a weird explanation of principle of operation using some 'solar rays bounce detection' A scam/ripoff/whatever ? that had its believers.

Found some pictures :

----> http://simmonsscientificproducts.com/images/pmr2_power_tube.gif

----> http://simmonsscientificproducts.com/images/uar_one_hand_bearing_handle.jpg

----> http://simmonsscientificproducts.com/images/Professional_complete_course.jpg

I'll go for it, but I'll know I'll regret it. I've posted this before (on the BAUT forum) but I was instantly dismissed by all. I am as sceptical as it can get, but with a degree in physics, I have some idea how to conduct a physical experiment sensibly.

Once I was living on a farm where the water supply to the house had been laid by previous owners, so I had no idea of its route across a large yard, and no idea of where it entered the house. I knew we had a leak somewhere, so instead of digging up the whole yard, I tried dousing, in which I had no faith at all. Using my son as a guide, I blindfolded myself and walked up and down the yard at one-metre intervals. On each crossing, my dousing stick signalled one and only one source, which my son marked for me. Afterwards I had a more or less straight line of marks across the yard which on excavation turned out to be exactly the course of the water pipe at a depth of about 3 feet. (And the leak, a faulty joint). Obviously that was the result, otherwise I would not be reporting it here.

I hate phenomena for which there is no explanation, so it was an annoying experience. I tried to be as objective as I could, but people will argue that I knew where the pipe was all along, so I was kidding myself. Another argument, and quite a valid one, is that in Wales, wherever you stand, at some point below you there will be water. But this does not explain the straight line I mapped out.

Once I had in my hands a device (very well made) to 'detect' gold, silver, and... paper money.

If I would have such device in my hands I would put below it gold, silver, paper money, and other things to check whether it works, or not, and in what circumstances. Did you do it?

If I would have such device in my hands I would put below it gold, silver, paper money, and other things to check whether it works, or not, and in what circumstances. Did you do it?

Yep. Did not detect crap, neither gold, silver... under any circumstances, patiently evaluated for a couple of days I had it at home. As good detector as a turd.

Yep. Did not detect crap, neither gold, silver... under any circumstances, patiently evaluated for a couple of days I had it at home. As good detector as a turd.

Then turn on digital camera, or couple of them from various angles,

show company name, box etc,

show it does not detect anything.

Show that they're really gold (density 19.3 g/cm3) and silver (reaction with nitric acid?) etc.

Dismount device to show what is inside in front of camera.

Upload to YouTube.

One version of movie edited, and second one raw, from various cameras to show it's not manipulation. Just in case.

People should be warned against fraud.

Edited by Sensei

I could only find water and then only after considerable study of the lay of the land like my grandfather taught me, the walking around with a stick was only to make it look like we were looking everyplace other than the place the water had to be. I never could figure out why the damn willow branch would point down from time to time...

I'll go for it, but I'll know I'll regret it. I've posted this before (on the BAUT forum) but I was instantly dismissed by all. I am as sceptical as it can get, but with a degree in physics, I have some idea how to conduct a physical experiment sensibly.

Once I was living on a farm where the water supply to the house had been laid by previous owners, so I had no idea of its route across a large yard, and no idea of where it entered the house. I knew we had a leak somewhere, so instead of digging up the whole yard, I tried dousing, in which I had no faith at all. Using my son as a guide, I blindfolded myself and walked up and down the yard at one-metre intervals. On each crossing, my dousing stick signalled one and only one source, which my son marked for me. Afterwards I had a more or less straight line of marks across the yard which on excavation turned out to be exactly the course of the water pipe at a depth of about 3 feet. (And the leak, a faulty joint). Obviously that was the result, otherwise I would not be reporting it here.

I hate phenomena for which there is no explanation, so it was an annoying experience. I tried to be as objective as I could, but people will argue that I knew where the pipe was all along, so I was kidding myself. Another argument, and quite a valid one, is that in Wales, wherever you stand, at some point below you there will be water. But this does not explain the straight line I mapped out.

How many people tried dowsing, didn't find anything + didn't post.

(my brother+ I tried it as kids- no use at all.)

And that's before we consider that a leaky pipe makes a noise.