Time travel possibilities

lukemcleod

Ok I have a question about time travel and I'm no scientist so you guys are all a great deal smarter then I am but I do have some understanding of things so no need to dumb it right down for me. So hypothetically speaking let's assume the multiverse and universe never existed untill the Big Bang happened creating the universe but not a multiverse, as time passed intelligent live evolved to a point similar to where we are now and begun contemplating time travel they realise the paradox's that can occur but decide to time travel anyway believing they can avoid any paradox. However they fail and accidentally kill say a grandfather of there's before he has any children. Currently we believe this can't happen because if you killed your grandfather before he had children you could never be born to travel back to kill that grandfather, but what if it could happen and the result of it wasn't just that you had travelled back in time but instead you had created a new universe at the same time as traveling back in time starting the multiverse. You are now trapped in this new univers' time line unable to get back to the future you came from. Is this a possibility? Because if it is don't we have a strong possibility as to why we're not receiving visitations from the future for example the very act of traveling back in Time and doing absolutely anything even as innocent as moving a cup from one side to another or picking up some litter and throwing it in the bin would create a new addition to the multiverse. This would remove you from the universe you come from effectively leaving your universe exactly the same way it was when you traveled back in time. This would mean that when you travel forward in this new universe you created you'll end up in a different future where there are now two of you your faced with a choice now kill the other you take his place and live his life or live on the outskirts of society as homeless person or move far away from where you lived and start a new life for yourself in this new universe. Meanwhile in the universe you came from it would be established that you had simply dissapeared like so many people do or that you discovered time travel and you were lost in time or died trying to make it a reality leaving no trace of your body? Or in the case of killing your grandfather you end up in a future where you were never born meaning u don't technically exists there even though your are physically there this means you would have one option become a homeless person or a criminal as you would not be able to get a bank account or job or anything like passports! Does this idea make any sense at all is it even possible

I will say what i think(sorry my english is quite bad).

From my point of view time travel is impossible.

But if it would be possible, what would happen? In my point of view nothing special.

Even if you manage to kill your father, even before you were born, you would still exist. In other words if you go back in the future and you killed your father then you would exist in that time line(where your father lived) however if you go to the future your actions may cause drastic changes, but you would still be alive.(so as long as you stay in your father time line your are safe:D, thats because your wil follow the evolution of the sociaty),

I will give an drastic example.

Imagine that i decided to kill Newton, so i go to the past and i killed him. However i used a few Newton formulas to make the time travel. So what would happen? (if you stay in the past where Newtown lived, nothing special will occur, at least you wont notice.) But the future will change unless you decided to replace him(but in order to the future be like the one you lived you must follow every single action he did all is life. All the details matters.

Now the second part, lets imagine we killed him and we got back to the future. What would happen? Basicaly you would be the only one knowing who Newton was and the machine would still exist because it came whit you,

Edited by Yvtq8k3n

Most anything is 'possible'.

You may end up stuck in a paradox loop. You may end up in new Universe. May end up in a stable time loop. We don't have any evidence one way or the other.

What we can say for sure is that changes word propagate outwards at the speed of light or less. Could be really subtle as well.

Most anything is 'possible'.

You may end up stuck in a paradox loop. You may end up in new Universe. May end up in a stable time loop. We don't have any evidence one way or the other.

What we can say for sure is that changes word propagate outwards at the speed of light or less. Could be really subtle as well.

I based on my logic to answer, one thing im sure if you kill your father in the past, you will not cease to exist. Because you already exist.However your suposed you will never born.