Permutations and Probability

DevilSolution

Sounds like the definition of statistics, I'm looking for the best way to "compute" various permutations and from the permutations i need to create probability based on the perms. For example if i wanted to permute all the odds for all football matches played on a weekend, i would want to permute all sets, say theres 100 matches, down to 2 or more likely 3. with win, loose and draw, and all the permutations of possible teams i would then calculate the probability based on the odds, such that evens is 50% bet, 2/1 is 66 and 33 percent etc.

I would like to know if theres any methods like the simplex, that could be modified to optimise the raw calculations, or for example putting teams with the exact same odds into sets, what is the same for one is the same as the other which would reduce the calculations quite dramatically. As far as the probability goes i would be interested to find out the results after, look at which permutations would have won and look for some indication of the spread between the odds given and the results.

This is an example of the types of processes i would like to permute and find ways of doing so without having 10 loops, a 3 cuboid arrays inside a cuboid array and overly excessive recursion.

Regards.

Let me check i understand.

You have the probabilities (or odds) of win, lose or draw of something like 100 football matches. You then want to efficiently work out the probability of every single permutation of these 100 matches?

• 2 weeks later...