Share your belief

Ultimate Infinity

Use this thread to share your personal beliefs so we can build on each other and improve our own theories- Here's mine I am a Catholic and believe in an all powerful all knowing ever present perfect and infinite God I believe that all of existence is a result of Gods actions "thoughts" and words I believe you can go forever in forever out forever up forever down forever right and forever left in anything

That's not a theory. Maybe a belief or even a conjecture (though much more like an unfounded assumption and unsupportable absent of any evidence or even the possibility of being validated claim).

I believe in a giant Flying Spaghetti Monster. Free flowing alcohol and companionship await you. Obviously many afterlives offer similar amenities, so it is best to comparison shop before making a final decision.

Use this thread to share your personal beliefs so we can build on each other and improve our own theories- Here's mine I am a Catholic and believe in an all powerful all knowing ever present perfect and infinite God I believe that all of existence is a result of Gods actions "thoughts" and words I believe you can go forever in forever out forever up forever down forever right and forever left in anything

Well at least now we know what you believe, can you give us any reason you believe these things?

What's the point? You've already said your mind is made up and you'll never change. (Pretty cynical for a 16 year old, IMO.)

This is a science forum populated with people who question everything in the hope of better understanding the world, and are willing to change their minds in the face of sufficient evidence. In the short time you've been here you've already refused to provide evidence or consider the point of view of others. For these types of discussions you'd be much better off on a forum where people all believe the same thing already and you can pat each other on the back for being so astute.

Just to add to zapatos' great post;

Welcome to the SFN destructive testing laboratory. Where your ideas will be pounded into dust.

What is destructive testing? definition and meaning

www.businessdictionary.com/definition/destructive-testing.html

Prolonged endurance testing under the most severe operating conditions, continued until the component, equipment, or product specimen fails (is broken or destroyed). The purpose of destructive testing is to determine service life and to detect design weaknesses that may not show up under normal working conditions.

If you proceed with the testing of your ideas here you will be required to back up your claims with verifiable evidence. This is how SFN compares to the destructive testing procedures described above. You will need to directly answer to the objections raised by the other members. The purpose of these objections is to expose every weakness that your idea has in an attempt to make it fail under its own lack of rigor. You will only have two options in this process, either correct the defects found or admit to its failure. If done correctly either result is satisfactory because the ultimate goal in all this is to find better models that describe the observable, and more importantly, testable world.

Ideas that are not testable are not suitable for scientific scrutiny. Are you sure your ideas are suitable for discussion here?

Use this thread to share your personal beliefs

Maybe you should ask the mods to change the title of this thread as this has nothing to do with theory.

I think everyone should believe something. I believe I will have another drink.

This is in religion so you can do that so come share your brilliant beliefs about existence

I think existence is vast, amazing and puzzling. I think we should use our brains (our God-given brains, if you wish to believe that) to try and understand the universe and everything in it.

I think it is a criminal waste of your mental powers to just reject learning about the universe because you think you have a simple answer.

If your God exists, he would be ashamed of you and would probably be yelling, "Good grief, boy, open your mind and study the world around you. That is why I created it. Don't waste that brain I created with so much care!."

I think existence is vast, amazing and puzzling. I think we should use our brains (our God-given brains, if you wish to believe that) to try and understand the universe and everything in it.

I think it is a criminal waste of your mental powers to just reject learning about the universe because you think you have a simple answer.

If your God exists, he would be ashamed of you and would probably be yelling, "Good grief, boy, open your mind and study the world around you. That is why I created it. Don't waste that brain I created with so much care!."

I find this insulting my favorite thing is learning about the universe because like you said it is so amazing and so please do not think I don't have an open mind I don't tell you guys that you don't have open minds just because you oppose me

I find this insulting my favorite thing is learning about the universe because like you said it is so amazing and so please do not think I don't have an open mind I don't tell you guys that you don't have open minds just because you oppose me

We are not telling you that you don't have an open mind just because you oppose us, we are telling you that you don't have an open mind because you are demonstrating you don't have an open mind.

In fact, you already guaranteed us that you won't change your mind.

res ipsa loquitur

I am going to learn much more about the universe but just because I am sure that I will still believe in God doesn't mean I don't have an open mind I can learn about nature and its laws without having to deny God

How does God benefit you?

QUOTE: "How do you know this"

"Because the bible says so..." will probably be his answer - maybe he can prove me wrong.

UI - Other than 'the bible says so' - how do you know that it comes from god?

Edited by DrP

I loved my Granpa dearly UI... it was him who introduced me to the Lord. He was my favourite person.

What he believed was natural as people of preceding generations did not have the knowledge we have today.

He appeared to my grandpa during triple bypass surgery where he nearly died and thus gave him comfort and had a great affect on him and there for me because he was my greatest role model

That is one of infinite things

Please don't take the following as any sort of insult, we all love our grans and gramps:

If your grandpa had found as much solace from the appearance of Jim Morrison, would you head up the church of Doors?

I'm very glad that your grandpa found peace but you have yet to tell me how God benefits you?

I loved my Granpa dearly UI... it was him who introduced me to the Lord. He was my favourite person.

What he believed was natural as people of preceding generations did not have the knowledge we have today.

You and me both

I guess it's not an experience everyone has had but my grandpa said he say the Lord and I would trust my grandpa with my life so I guess that's enough for me

He appeared to my grandpa during triple bypass surgery where he nearly died and thus gave him comfort and had a great affect on him and there for me because he was my greatest role model

That is one of infinite things

Krishna would appear for John Lennon of the beatles, doesn't make it real...