youd be amazed where you get infected.

H2SO4

My dad just got a cingular family plan to my dismay. At least i got a phone, but ive always hated cingular. I went to their website to check my minutes used, and that night i ran xoftspy v. 4.12 and it found a trojan/cws combo and one process. I deleted both. I suspected it was cingular so i went back to see if it was cingular and i got the trojan again, and now im infected with the same trojan, and two running processes and i cant delete them. I ran norton, and adaware and they found nothing. Only xoftspy pics it up.

The file path for this is C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe

I went to the file and found a bunch of files that started with tfs and went on to be something else. I cant find this trojan. Im usualy realy good at finding and destroying adware and viruses. if you know anything, tell me.

It just realy pisses me off that they infected my computer.

can't say i've heard of the trojan but i can give you a few good programs to download to try and detect it.

I find that spybot is pretty good.

Microsoft antispyware is also good.

also, if you go to http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm

this will scan yur computer for free. I found this was pretty good. It won't delete the virus, but at least you would know where it is.

That's the best i can do i'm afraid.

xoftspy tried to delete them but said unsuccessful, but went to quarentine, so i deleted the quarentine, and on the next boot xoftspy didnt pick it up. Cool. But ya, adaware sucks. I had gotten infected by adware and spyware once, and i couldnt get it out, went into registry, did everything for a week and in the end had to reinstall windows.

adaware is totally useless etrust and xoftspy are both good i had an ad/spy/mal-ware problem a while ago after a few scans with etrust i got no more problems. I've tried all that registry stuff as well sometimes it just dosn't work no mater how much stuff you take out.

~Scott

if your using ad-aware, make sure its Ad-aware SE form this site (click ad-aware personal) as ad-aware (as in without the SE bit)'s definitions are no longer updated by lavasoft, and adaware (no hyphen) is a malware program.

iv not used it, but apparently A2 is good anti-trojan program.

as far as C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe is concerned, it appears to be part of the Hewlett-Packard CD writing software (from this site) and I couldn't find any info about it being malitous - think you might be chasing a red herring :)