Stop light

Yvtq8k3n

I have another question, i would like to raise.

Lets imagine that i have an projecter and when i put it in the direction of the wall, the image appear on the wall.

So may question is.

It is possible to make an "invisible wall"(a thing will block the ligth), in order to appear the image is floating in the air.

obs:google glass or glasses dont coun't.

My hypothesis is some kind of waves, maybe using nanotechnology(i doubt) or using the sound(an option that seems explorable).

Edited by Yvtq8k3n

I have another question, i would like to raise.

Lets imagine that i have an projecter and when i put it in the direction of the wall, the image appear on the wall.

So may question is.

It is possible to make an "invisible wall"(a thing will block the ligth), in order to appear the image is floating in the air.

obs:google glass or glasses dont coun't.

My hypothesis is some kind of waves, maybe using nanotechnology(i doubt) or using the sound(an option that seems explorable).

Well, there IS a way to produce an image wihtout needing a solid two dimensional wall, or a movie screen.

And what's even better, is this image is not confined to just being two dimensional, as a movie screen is. But rather: THREE Dimensional.

3D baby!

It's called a Hologram. The area into which the image is projected is called a "Holo-Box." We have the technology now, but not on the retail movie watching level for the general public.

But it has been my contention for several years now that this process will be the next step in our movie-going experience. Theaters all over will soon not have a movie screen, but rather, Holo Boxes! I am guessing we're about 7-10 years away from seeing this offered around the country as much as today we see the iMax or even the 3D movies. And no, unlike with the 3D's, for the Hologram experience you don't have to wear those goofy glasses.

Here is a bit more on how those Holograms work..........http://holocenter.org/what-is-holography

To me more clear i will give u an image:

amlAT22.png

Now lets add a bit more info, as u may know some waves have the particularity of not acrossing walls. Im currently studying at computer engineering. In the other day one of my teachers talked about frequences and how radio waves behave when thier frequences is above 5gz(waves get blocked) and beneth of 5gz where they travel across the walls.

Now back to action, as u can see i'm not talking about magic. In the 1st image we can see the image being blocked by the wall.

In the 2th image there is an "emiter" or more. The ideia is to try to replicate what happen whit the other waves, but also whit ligth, so maybe if we use 5gz this may be possible.

As you notice im not realy in full control of the waves because is hard to explority and programing is a free and full of creativity world. However that doesnt mind becasue i will explore both any way.

Well, there IS a way to produce an image wihtout needing a solid two dimensional wall, or a movie screen.

And what's even better, is this image is not confined to just being two dimensional, as a movie screen is. But rather: THREE Dimensional.

3D baby!

It's called a Hologram. The area into which the image is projected is called a "Holo-Box." We have the technology now, but not on the retail movie watching level for the general public.

But it has been my contention for several years now that this process will be the next step in our movie-going experience. Theaters all over will soon not have a movie screen, but rather, Holo Boxes! I am guessing we're about 7-10 years away from seeing this offered around the country as much as today we see the iMax or even the 3D movies. And no, unlike with the 3D's, for the Hologram experience you don't have to wear those goofy glasses.

Here is a bit more on how those Holograms work..........http://holocenter.org/what-is-holography

I already saw it bro and yeah is pretty awesome, however they are in a box so, u cant realy touch them, yet. But it may be the future for movies for sure.

Just to make a quick resume. Hologram is based on 2 things, motion(it needs to follow your eyes) and prespective the 3d vision we have now.

Edited by Yvtq8k3n

So may question is.

Unfortunately your English is so poor that I do not understand the question.

In particular do you desire a holographic image projected in empty air or do you desire a projection method to place an image onto a physical transparent screen?

Is the image to be a static picture or a moving image?

Both are possible and examples may be viewed at the Museum of the Moving Image, Futuroscope near Poitiers in France.

The holographic solution has already been discussed, projection onto a transparent screen can be performed via edge projection.

Many old fashioned display devices worked in this fashion.

Unfortunately your English is so poor that I do not understand the question.

In particular do you desire a holographic image projected in empty air or do you desire a projection method to place an image onto a physical transparent screen?

Is the image to be a static picture or a moving image?

Both are possible and examples may be viewed at the Museum of the Moving Image, Futuroscope near Poitiers in France.

The holographic solution has already been discussed, projection onto a transparent screen can be performed via edge projection.

I know my english is not the greatest but i think, i was pretty clear. What i want to do is project in 2D an image, basicaly the ideia i had in mind was to create an kind of painel, where i could interact whit this 2D floating image. Calculating my position and what im trying to acomplish inst hard, the hardest part is to project an image in the air like i showed in the picture,

I dont want an hologram, becasue this isnt 3D after all. Is just an projection in the air whitout having a par of glasses or a window.

An image is crated when light is reflected from something. So you need a surface to project an image on to.

It could be as simple as a curtain of tiny water droplets like mist or a sheet of contained smoke, though.

I know i need an surfice and Inow that is a good ideia, i didnt had though about it before, For what i know we can levitate things, make them move by using sound, we may be able to control the water vapor in order to create an surperfice. However the surperficie i wanted is an "invisible superficie to our eyes" a thing that i start to belive to be impossible,

Even if we manage to control the water vapor, the surfice would require to be extremely thin in order to our human eye not notice the diference.

Also there is problem of interaction, If i tryed to touch on the image i have no ideia what would happen.

Once again INow well done.

If the angle of incidence is 10° angle of refraction is 7.5°

Conclusion: If we manage to control the water vapor, then it is possible, however i want more so. Keep an open mind.

Edited by Yvtq8k3n

I know i need an surfice and Inow that is a good ideia, i didnt had though about it before, For what i know we can levitate things using ultrasounds, we may be able to control the water vapor in order to create an surperfice.

Not a new idea:

http://www.fogscreen.com

http://www.google.com/patents/US20120019784

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/24/tech/touch-display-projected-on-mist/

etc

However the surperficie i wanted is an "invisible superficie to our eyes" a thing that i start to belive to be impossible,

If it is not visible, then it won't reflect light and therefore you can't project an image on it.

Not a new idea:

http://www.fogscreen.com

http://www.google.com/patents/US20120019784

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/24/tech/touch-display-projected-on-mist/

etc

If it is not visible, then it won't reflect light and therefore you can't project an image on it.

So the require to project ligth is to be visible? I'm not buying it, could u please give me a prove about what u say? I'm not saying that u are rigth or wrong, what im saying is, i need to make my conclusions. Strange i had no ideia that ideia already existed. Nice, it makes me belive more that this would work.

Edited by Yvtq8k3n

So the require to project ligth is to be visible? I'm not buying it, could u please give me a prove about what u say? I'm not saying that u are rigth or wrong, what im saying is, i need to make my conclusions.

In order to project an image on a surface then that surface must reflect light (so you can see the light). If it reflects light then you can see it.

On the other hand, if it is invisible, then light passes through it unchanged (that is what "invisible" means). Therefore you cannot project an image on it (the light from the projector will pass through it unchanged).

projection onto a transparent screen can be performed via edge projection.

Your response to this (and my questions) was not encouraging to downright rude.

So good luck with your design for whatever it is you actually want.

Thank you whoever read my last post for the support.

For your information, in 1963 I saw a stage performance of Hamlet.

The stage effects included a very realistic ghost behind a gossamer screen by edge projection lighting.

Yesterday I saw the technique again at the permanent RSS Discovery exhibition in Dundee.

Of course edge illumination has been used to illuminate characters in displays since the early days of radio.

:)