illusion

ivanjack

Last year, when i just back home, everything turns dark, i can't see anything but a Christian cross in dark for a few second. After a few second, i see my home appear and the cross gone. I am sure that was not a dream, and i sure i "see" it, a white cross, with vine with grapes on it.

What's that? Can someone give me a scientific answer to me?-Why this will happen?

Several things can cause your vision to narrow and darken (low blood sugar, for instance), leaving a slice of light that could look like a cross. The rest is your mind insisting on forming a pattern out of practically everything. Debris on the surface of the eye appears like vines and grapes.

Then the momentary malfunction is gone and your vision returns to normal.

It's amazing what our brains do with the limited and distorted information they get from our eyes. But they can also trick us when they don't understand exactly what's happening and they just make stuff up.

Yeah, that is commonly referred to as an illusion, i.e. your brain construct "something out of nothing". In this case there is perhaps merit to think of it as a delusion brought about by religious brainwashing.

Last year, when i just back home, everything turns dark, i can't see anything but a Christian cross in dark for a few second. After a few second, i see my home appear and the cross gone. I am sure that was not a dream, and i sure i "see" it, a white cross, with vine with grapes on it.

What's that? Can someone give me a scientific answer to me?-Why this will happen?

LSD would help.

• 5 weeks later...

Your mind wanted you to. Your brain is responsible for your perception of reality, in the absence of empirical data we can only give speculative answers to your descrition. One such speculative answer is that there was a very short power outage in your house and what you percieved was merely the reflection of light through some innanimate object through the curtains caused by passing headlights........

Lack of oxygen to brain will cause temporary dimming of your surroundings (carrying heavy luggage into the house). If you passed any illuminated statues outside a church or such on your travels that could have inprinted on your most recent visual memory, then that image becomes externally projected as your mind is recovering (or deleting said image) from lack of oxygen.

The list can go on and on.

Ultimately your mind controls what you percieve so theres always a chance somethings entered your subconscious and your mind has pushed onto you consciously...