P-nitrophenyl caproate

Kriztin27

With respect to your first question, do you have any thoughts on what might happen? With respect to your second question, decanoate is somewhat longer, making it more hydrophobic I suppose. Do you have a particular reason for asking?

Hi BabcockHall. Thank you for your reply. :) For the first question, I am actually doing some experiment on lipase using p-nitrophenyl decanoate as substrate. Some studies are using ethanol to stop the enzyme reaction but in the protocol I used, the p-nitrophenyl decanoate is mixed using ethanol first before adding to the assay mixture. I'm curious on how the reaction actually happened. Is it similar with the one using solely p-nitrophenyl decanoate and stopped with ethanol afterwards or differ entirely? For your information, I read the absorbance at 2, 6 and 10 minutes.

For the second question, I only want to know whether both of them are similar or different to each other.

Thank you. :)