edb file

robottom

Hi,

Yesterday opened Exchange Server 2010 and appeared on the screen bug – edb headers damaged. I have been using it for almost a year. I hadn’t ever seen such problem before.

How to solve this problem?

Did you try googling the problem. I don't use Exchange Server myself I use hmailserver. https://mailsolutions.wordpress.com/2015/09/14/repair-corrupted-database-edb-header-of-exchange-2010/ It is possible for edb files to become corrupted due to hardware or software failure. For instance maybe exchange server crashed/closed unexpectedly at some point.

For instance maybe exchange server crashed/closed unexpectedly at some point.

Exactly. If routine is in the middle of writing/appending file to disk, and there is crash, or error interrupting writing process, file will be corrupted.

Or if there is lack of power shutting down the whole computer (and UPS is not present).

Professionally written software write to temporary file, then at the end, rename old file name or move old file to backup folder, then rename temporary file to final name.

Or rename old file, then write new file with final name.

And delete/move renamed old file to backup.

If initialization/loading routine finds out that file is corrupted, it checks if there is backup, and ask user to use it instead.

Edited by Sensei

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Yesterday opened Exchange Server 2010 and appeared on the screen bug – edb headers damaged. I have been using it for almost a year. I hadn’t ever seen such problem before.

How to solve this problem?

Try to open .edb file in other version of MS Exchange Server, check backup copy of file in Exchange folders, another variant must be a Recovery Toolbox for Exchange Server, tool located on https://exchangeserver.recoverytoolbox.com/

• 3 months later...

We don't allow adverts here no software can repair file corruption and even opening the file could be dangerous.

!

Moderator Note

The proper action here is to report the post, rather than respond to the poster.

The advertisement has been removed.