OBSERVATION - As often an initial step , leading to a science idea.

Although not always the case , I am sure it could be shown that many of the foundation scientific theories , certainly , by the known names, Originated with an Observation. Perhaps blowing water into the sunlight and seeing a spectrum of colours. Perhaps seeing lamps in a vaulted roof swinging all with the same regularity.

Many scientists went on to develop these Observations with postulations , experiments, tests, mathamatical models , conclusions ,Theories and Hypothesis and their publication resulted in much of the science we have today .

The observations often seemed , meaningless to many at the time , but individuals often braved harsh criticism , only to deliver accepted theories later.

Perhaps a discussion of new , current , observations could provide a welcome ' lightness ' to debate . This while it is still in the observation area and Not Yet , a proven scientific theory or even a structured speculation.

Say , I noticed as I was looking at the ............. The other day ...................that the ..........................

Mike

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos