Screenshots from Orbiter Space Flight Simulator

Hello,

I have not been around SFN for quite some time. I was focusing on my studies and also flying to different orbits using Orbiter Space Flight Simulator.

Nice to see all of you again.

Here I would like to start a new thread for those who use Orbiter and love to share their beautiful screenshots.

I will start first. Here are 2 (beautiful, or maybe opposite; beauty is in the eye of the beholder) screenshots captured using Orbiter.

The first is ThaiCom 8 launched to elliptical transfer orbit after SECO of Falcon 9.

The second is GAIA of ESA in Largrange Point 2 or L2 after launched from Kourou Spaceport aboard a Soyuz rocket.

The black disc covering the Sun in the GAIA mission screenshot is Earth.

Hopefully you enjoy the view.

Regards,

Nicholas.

Edited by Nicholas Kang

• 2 weeks later...

Why are the craft displayed so dark?

Apparently programmers made it this way.

Send bug report to them.

They receive very strong sunlight, more than in any tropical desert at noon on Earth, because they're above the atmosphere.

Sun has irradiance ~1367 W/m2 at distance ~ 150 mln km, to surface of Earth arrives ~1050 W/m2 directly at max, but because of scattering there can be measured up to 1120 W/m2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_irradiance

1367/1120 = just 22% more.