the transistors came from the sky

fredreload

After receiving a bad grade for my electrical classes yet again(bear with me for a while). I came to the conclusion that these electronic stuff is just too hard to be man made. This idea though, was left there for the entirety of my university years. Not until a few months ago, I came across this clip on youtube. How computer add numbers. So I was staring at the 0 and 1 bits, thinking if I can figure out a way to crunch the adder until it occurs to me that, the half adder seems too revolutionary to be man made. So I did a search on Google, to see who came up with half and full adder for the binary numbers. The result, such a person does not exist. The electrical engineering department is built completely by these transistor founders, yet they never mentioned who built a full adder, isn't it kind of fishy? So then I check the history of transistors, after all their main purpose is to add and subtract numbers, and the modern transistors are invented in the year 1947 from November to December by these founders. The year 1947 does not strike me at first, but then my mind wonders off to the famous UFO crash incident in Roswell. The same year showed up 1947 but it's in mid 1947 this time where the UFO crashed. Some suggested that it is a military weather balloon, but what if, that what's left there are computer made of transistors that blue print the computer device that we use today? So the UFO crash device somehow ends up in Bell Lab. I mean it could mean that all the electronic devices are doomed to fail. None of the advance UFOs are gonna crash on earth anyway. It is however, a starting point for man kind. So what goes of today electronics? Is it that we are reverse engineering other parts of the UFO device or are there aliens teaching us rudimentary electronics, I can't really say. Anyway, I feel bad for not being able to comprehend such a device, humans can't be inferior to aliens you know. The and and or gates are just truly revolutionary. If you try to come up with a decimal number adder it would exist in a wheel shape I think. So I think the other worldly deserve some credits for making the computers in earth today. You think military are already in contact with the aliens? Or are we only reverse engineering the devices? And if you don't believe what I say, look into half and full adders and see if who or you can come up with one

Edited by fredreload

Of course, logic gates, half adders and even computers existed long before the transistor. (And you ignore the point that the idea was developed long before 1947.)

I assume the half adder was invented by either Augustus de Morgan (1806-1871) or George Boole (1815-1864). You have presumably heard of "boolean logic" and, maybe, "de Morgan's theorem"?

Well, I read somewhere that before 1947 the traditional transistors are different than the one invented after 1947. Well I wasn't aware that Boolean Algebra was there before 1947, but you have a solid answer on who invented full adder? I could be wrong on this one, but the time is rather convenient though

P.S. Nevermind it seems Shannon invented the first 4-bit full adder in 1938 using circuits and Boolean Algebra, thanks for the info

Edited by fredreload

The logic used is quite old, the first I guess was Leibniz who developed binary numbers, their algebra and showed how they can be used in logic. This goes back to 1705.

Walther Bothe made the first modern electroic AND gate in the 1920s.

!

Moderator Note

Two things:
1. Argument from personal incredulity is a fallacy. Just because you have trouble understanding something doesn't mean that others do.

2. This is not a conspiracy discussion site