Basicity

freakJoe

It is a part of theoretical investigation... computational chemistry... and i would like to compare calculation results with some theories. I am not sure if i am correct, but i was thinking about the nature of the group attached to NH2. Is it possible, that thanks to -CH3 substituent, which push electrones towards N atom, it makes the molecule more basic? It would tend to accept extra proton more then for example NH2OH, where -OH group withdraw the electrons...?

no solvent and water?

Gas-phase acidities are obviously measured in the complete absence of solvent (my recollection is that mass spectrometry is involved, but I don't recall any details). Many pKa values are measured in water, but many others are tabulated in DMSO. With respect to primary, secondary, and tertiary amines, the relative order of pKa values is affected by how well the conjugate acid (which is a cation) is solvated by water, as well as electronic effects that are intrinsic to the cation.

Edited by BabcockHall

• 1 month later...

in my opinion form left to right of increase. Because basicity is mean to, localize and feed consist of electrons. So Nh2oh the most basic

i cant exactly explain im sorry i am not Good about english writting

Edited by Albert hofmann