Science Project-Why does consuming spicy food lower body temperature

JamesCola

Hello, I am a level seven student, and I would like to ask a question for my science project, and i did an experiment about the change in our body temperature after eating spicy food(and we choose the second most spicy noodles in the world :D). The result shows that it actually lowered the body temperature, so I'd like to know why this phenomenon happens. I've done some research and i know that its because of sweating, but which body part produces/control/command SWEATING and some other information.

So, i would like to know:

-Which body parts

-Whats Homeostasis

-Whats Thermoregulation

-Chemicals affecting body temperature

-Capsaicin affect out temperature by?

~BRAIN Secretion?

*MORE SECRETION?

*LESS SECRETION?

Also, some more other relevant information will be great too :D

Thanks for taking your time to read my post!

James

P.S.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17dN8ButmsPMqQu7qPAqNBwPfOJqmbm-YoqbvuvolKlI/edit?usp=sharing

This is a link for my notes taken in class while my teacher was giving advice/challenging me, are there any mistakes?

Capsaicin affects sensory neurons located in certain areas (mouth, nose, eyes, groin, digestive tract, etc) which detect high temperatures that would cause burning.The receptors which capsaicin bind to modulate the range of temperatures which these sensory neurons detect, with capsaicin effectively lowering the temperature threshold such that body heat is detected as burning.

The idea would be that your body tries lowering its temperature in response to this.

The body also responds with inflamation in affected areas, which could also lower body temperature. Though, at first, it would be expected for body temperature to raise due to increased heart rate from an adrenal response (panic due to the sensation of burning).

The name of this receptor is TRPV1 or vanilla receptor subtype 1, though capsaicin may have affinity for other receptors as well

Edited by metacogitans